WTF -The Good PIE????

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would object to the word "slusers." It would seem to show just a tad of disrespect toward those who frequent his eatery.....

So if you were to open up an eatery in Cincinnati and SLU came to town to play X you wouldn't make a similar post on billikens.com? Yeah right. You guys can dish it out but man do you have a hard time taking it.

I would object to the word "slusers." It would seem to show just a tad of disrespect toward those who frequent his eatery.....

I have no problem with him using it on a XU message board. That is where you do that kind of smack talk. He is just trying to drive up some business from his old school.

And to think, I was going to try this place next time in town. Oh well, you just lost a new customer, jackoff. Enjoy those Cincinnatians.

So if you were to open up an eatery in Cincinnati and SLU came to town to play X you wouldn't make a similar post on billikens.com? Yeah right. You guys can dish it out but man do you have a hard time taking it.

If the word he used was indeed Slusers then I have a problem with it. If it was Sluers then it is okay be me. I have never been and not sure I will ever go.

From the Xavier board:

for all of those making the trek to stl on the 24th I own a pizzeria...thegoodpie.com...a block away from chaifitz center. We are always packed with slu fans before games. Last week we had a sign up charging a $10 cover charge to any flyer fans. Next week I would love to pack the place with my Xavier fans, to that point a free beer will be given to anyone dawning the proper blue. Hopefully we can leave the sluers scratching their heads.

ps, anyone else sitting in 216? got my tickets through X

cheers, hope to see you here!

WTF?

PI in the CWE is much better anyway. PEACE

Perhaps the more inattentive on this board should re-read the initial post. I assume it was copied directly, but I'm too lazy to research the original.

If the word he used was indeed Slusers then I have a problem with it. If it was Sluers then it is okay be me. I have never been and not sure I will ever go.

It does say "Sluers," not "Slusers."

I tried the Good Pie and thought it was good, but it's not really my kind of pizza. Trying to get Xavier fans in is not something I have a problem with, but the decision to charge a cover charge for Dayton fans, if it wasn't a joke, has me scratching my head. Wouldn't that possibly cost him some business? I know Dayton is Xavier's rival (understand that it would have been because of the X-Dayton rivalry, not the SLU-Dayton rivalry), but that doesn't make sense to me.

It does say "Sluers," not "Slusers."

I tried the Good Pie and thought it was good, but it's not really my kind of pizza. Trying to get Xavier fans in is not something I have a problem with, but the decision to charge a cover charge for Dayton fans, if it wasn't a joke, has me scratching my head. Wouldn't that possibly cost him some business? I know Dayton is Xavier's rival (understand that it would have been because of the X-Dayton rivalry, not the SLU-Dayton rivalry), but that doesn't make sense to me.

I guess it would help if I could read........

In that light I've got no problem with it.

So, apparently being a fan of another program in st. louis is disrespectful? No wonder you guys are so insular on this board.

I have no problem with what he posted, but I won't support him. When you do something like that you have to be willing to accept the consequences of your decisions. No different than a restaurant putting a political sign in their front window. They have the right for sure, but I have the right to choose not to eat there because of their choices. Both are just terrible business moves. The fella must have been a political science major, or Xavier's business school has some issues.

I'm saying he is disrespecting the fans who bring him business by offering Xavier fans free booze.

Subtlety is lost on the younger generation. He's offering one beer to any X fan who happens to read the X board and knows to go to a restaurant in a strange city wearing Xavier blue instead of SLU blue.

And any expatriate Billiken fan who wouldn't buy a visiting Billiken fan a beer (even if his business was next to XU, FU, Temple, etc.) needs to revisit his Jesuit training. :P

I have no problem with what he posted, but I won't support him. When you do something like that you have to be willing to accept the consequences of your decisions. No different than a restaurant putting a political sign in their front window. They have the right for sure, but I have the right to choose not to eat there because of their choices. Both are just terrible business moves. The fella must have been a political science major, or Xavier's business school has some issues.

+1

I lied. Here's Mike's initial introduction of himself and his restaurant to our board, from December 2008:

Please give us a try at The Good Pie, even closer to the arena than those listed. Wood fired pizza and good local beer, also NON smoking. Coach has become a big fan and has been back for pizza 3-4 times since we opened last Thursday.

Here is a link to the web-site with the menu, a little about us and some good pictures of the place and some pies.

We are trying very hard to be a neighborhood establishment and obviously we believe very much in the direction "mid-town alley" is headed.

We have been busy considering we opened the day many students left but I would love to see some more of the hordes of folks headed to the area pre and post game stop in and try something new.

The good pie offers table service, a selection of southern Italian wines and four local draft beers dived by schalfly (esb & kolsch) and o'fallon (5day and smoked) and full bar (within the the week)

Sorry to be so shameless in my plug, but this is my first restaurant venture and we don't have an immense advertising budget to start.

We will have pre and post game slu deals and since my beloved muskies don't come to town this year...maybe a free beer to all slu fans wearing colors beofre the udump flyers game

I'm XU through and through but love being a part of the SLU community in midtown. The fans we have had come though have been great and I was taken a back at how personable Coach M, such a major name is cbb hoops, has been, even had a brief chance to talk hoops with him!

I understand many of you have some traditions inplace for pre and post game, we just ask that you give us a shot to win you over.

Thanks

go bills

If this is not the kind of person/establishment you'd like to have as a SLU neighbor, I submit that something went very wrong in your Jesuit education.

I lied. Here's Mike's initial introduction of himself and his restaurant to our board, from December 2008:

If this is not the kind of person/establishment you'd like to have as a SLU neighbor, I submit that something went very wrong in your Jesuit education.

Guy sounds like a grade-a ######. :rolleyes:

This really got out of hand....

Plus, he did offer up a free beer to SLU fans, so my argument is kaput.

Subtlety is lost on the younger generation. He's offering one beer to any X fan who happens to read the X board and knows to go to a restaurant in a strange city wearing Xavier blue instead of SLU blue.

And any expatriate Billiken fan who wouldn't buy a visiting Billiken fan a beer (even if his business was next to XU, FU, Temple, etc.) needs to revisit his Jesuit training. :rolleyes:

I'm with you 100%. I've tried to go a couple of times before games, but the wait was too long. Which one of us wouldn't do the same for Billiken fans if we owned a place next door to Cintas?

He's a good guy who works really hard. I'll be the first to admit that I was a bit taken aback by the post on the XU board, but I really don't think he meant any disrespect toward the SLU community. I think the pizza there is great and I think the restaurant (and all the other restaurants in the area) are good for the area.

It is a good addition to midtown, no doubt. I think he is just showing his passion for his team...can you imagine if 05 owned a restaurant in a few years close to Xavier's campus...he'd have bouncers roughing people up with Xavier gear on :rolleyes:

Just kidding 05..