GAME BALL?

bsheldon

This was a bit tough as several guys plays very well and honestly any one effort really wouldn't have mattered against such a poor team. My first impression after being there last night was Smif or CE. After I looked at the box score and thought about it some more Conklin gets my vote with honorable mention to Darren Young.

This was a bit tough as several guys plays very well and honestly any one effort really wouldn't have mattered against such a poor team. My first impression after being there last night was Smif or CE. After I looked at the box score and thought about it some more Conklin gets my vote with honorable mention to Darren Young.

I would give it to CE for still hustiling out there after Majerus kept him in the game at the end for conditioning. He was pretty gassed out there at the end.

Conklin should get some love for being the only Billiken last night to make a free throw

Conklin does not get my vote this game because a good amount of his points came during scrub time (but wasn't the whole game scrub time? :lol: ).

It would be CE for me, if not for the fact that he is the first Caucasian SLU player I have seen dunk while I have been going here, then for the fact that someone above 6'4" is shooting 20 footers. But he has been so strong in every game thus far that I don't consider this an exception but a continuation of good work. As such, he is acknowledged in my signature.

Three words: J B T. January has been Jon Smif's breaking through party and I love where he's going. Block Party on D and Jam Time all day on O. "It's not Willie Reed, but an incredible 0.95 scale Willie Reed substitute.

Conklin does not get my vote this game because a good amount of his points came during scrub time (but wasn't the whole game scrub time? :lol: ).

It would be CE for me, if not for the fact that he is the first Caucasian SLU player I have seen dunk while I have been going here, then for the fact that someone above 6'4" is shooting 20 footers. But he has been so strong in every game thus far that I don't consider this an exception but a continuation of good work. As such, he is acknowledged in my signature.

Three words: J B T. January has been Jon Smif's breaking through party and I love where he's going. Block Party on D and Jam Time all day on O. "It's not Willie Reed, but an incredible 0.95 scale Willie Reed substitute.

You must be a very young Billiken fan or have a very short memory. Ian Vouyoukas used to dunk with regularity. Two of the best dunks in recent Billiken memory were when Luke Meyer dunked on 6-9 Ahmad Nivins and 6-8 Rob Ferguson of St. Joes on national t.v. and when Chris Sloan posterized Channing Frye of Arizona at the Kiel Center.

You must be a very young Billiken fan or have a very short memory. Ian Vouyoukas used to dunk with regularity. Two of the best dunks in recent Billiken memory were when Luke Meyer dunked on 6-9 Ahmad Nivins and 6-8 Rob Ferguson of St. Joes on national t.v. and when Chris Sloan posterized Channing Frye of Arizona at the Kiel Center.

video or GTFO! (Jimbofive, 2010)

oh, wow, i don't think i ever saw the luke meyer dunk. i remember a play at savvis where he swooped in from the right wing and was WAY UP for the layup and i thought "damn, luke meyer could have just piledrived that MF." guess he actually did at some point. jawesome.

I said "while I have been going here." I was a senior in high school during IV's last year, so I was not at SLU at that time. So yes, I suppose I am a young Billiken fan. But I do love me some Light-Skin-Throwin-It-In :lol:

I said "while I have been going here." I was a senior in high school during IV's last year, so I was not at SLU at that time. So yes, I suppose I am a young Billiken fan. But I do love me some Light-Skin-Throwin-It-In :D

As much as I too like some "light-skin-throwin-it-in" also, I would much rather see a Jon the "antigravitaionalist" Smif throw it dow simply because he has farther up to go than Cody and he appears to get higher. Plus he seems to hang up there for a while--wicked ups. Heck if you really want to get nit picky JS kind of qualifies as "light skin" too if you really want to push skin BS. The fellas could be purple with green dots, if they can throw it in, I am a happy man. It is a change from Spoon years for sure. I remeber the year ESPN came to campus for Midnight Madness (maybe '95 or 96?) and some of the guys were trying to dunk mini-balls for the camera and were failing in West Pine. There wasn't a player on the team that could dunk back then. Our bigs were like 6-4 and stocky and our guards didnn't have the ups. Times have changed. I am sure we have by far more than can than can't now.

As much as I too like some "light-skin-throwin-it-in" also, I would much rather see a Jon the "antigravitaionalist" Smif throw it dow simply because he has farther up to go than Cody and he appears to get higher. Plus he seems to hang up there for a while--wicked ups. Heck if you really want to get nit picky JS kind of qualifies as "light skin" too if you really want to push skin BS. The fellas could be purple with green dots, if they can throw it in, I am a happy man. It is a change from Spoon years for sure. I remeber the year ESPN came to campus for Midnight Madness (maybe '95 or 96?) and some of the guys were trying to dunk mini-balls for the camera and were failing in West Pine. There wasn't a player on the team that could dunk back then. Our bigs were like 6-4 and stocky and our guards didnn't have the ups. Times have changed. I am sure we have by far more than can than can't now.

As long as someone is throwing it down, I am happy.

I thought "light-skin-throwin-it-in" was in reference to Jon SMIF. I'll guarantee you that every player on the team can dunk. If anyone can't, it's Carlton, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

It is a change from Spoon years for sure. I remember the year ESPN came to campus for Midnight Madness (maybe '95 or 96?) and some of the guys were trying to dunk mini-balls for the camera and were failing in West Pine. There wasn't a player on the team that could dunk back then. Our bigs were like 6-4 and stocky and our guards didn't have the ups. Times have changed. I am sure we have by far more than can than can't now.

It was probably for the 1994-95 season. The '94 team, which had Donnie Dobbs and was a No. 7 seed in the NCAA Tournament but lost to Joe Smith and Maryland, had probably 7 dunks all season. Donnie Dobbs (6-3 sr forward), Donnie Campbell (6-6-ish jr. who started at center), Jeff Harris (6-4 fr forward), and Erwin Claggett (6-1-ish jr guard) were the players who could dunk, though I don't know if Harris got any that year. The next year, '95, Dobbs was gone and the same gravity-challenged group was there, but what they lacked in rim-rockability they made up for with about five legitimate three-point threats.

Times have definitely changed, as I can't recall any Billikens squad having this many high-flying athletes. Perhaps in 1988-89, with Anthony Bonner, Monroe Douglass, and Roland Gray, but I didn't start following that team until the end of the season when they were making their NIT run (I think it was because I couldn't get any reception of their games on the radio at the time) and didn't get to see any of their games.

Not to take anything away from Sloan or Meyer because both of those were memorable, but this team as a whole dunks WAY more than any SLU team since at least Romar's first season or two. Fisher-to-Tatum was a nice alley-oop connection, and Love and Jeffers dunked a lot, as well as some of the other bigs like Baniak. Even with Vouyoukas, none of Soderberg's teams dunked as much in a season as this squad has halfway through the year.

I love it, and don't care who it is. Highest percentage shot in basketball- take it if you got it.

Didn't mean to sound like una racista. I agree with you. I don't care if he's solid orange and wears the carrot costume. If he can ball, sign him up. So...just to recap the highlights for each:

CE: wicked cut and explosive drive

WR: throwin down like the rim insulted his mama

JBT: just the sheer number of throwdowns and the hops

Also, kudos to my friend Mark for winning the cornhole game during the timeout :blink: