RM on 590

moytoy12

Still need to clear up International Student paperwork, flights, etc., but he's cleared.

RM going to talk to Cody about possibly redshirting the rest of the year. Interesting. RM said he would leave it up to Cody to decide.

Cody not going to integrate with the team over night.

KM is going to start and play tonight.

• Majerus doubts Ellis will be here for Bowling Green.
  • Will sit down with Ellis to discuss whether to play this year.
  • Will let Ellis decide whether he wants to play.
  • Calls Ellis a "fleshy" kid
  • Good shooter, passer, feel for the game
  • Gives us a perimeter big that can shoot the ball
  • Mitchell will start and play tonight

Cody needs to fill out an I-20 international student form. Then a flight. Then there might actually be a question of whether he wants to try and play this year or have four years eligibility left. Majerus is gonna let him decide.

Said he'll be at the level of Kwamain and Willie as a player, didn't give a time frame for that, however. Said you've got to remember, he might come in out of shape at 250, 260. Gotta remember, he's a "fleshy kid". HAHAHAHA.

Kwamain practiced yesterday. RM said the doctors are good w/ it, so he left it to KM and KM will play and start tomorrow.

Still need to clear up International Student paperwork, flights, etc., but he's cleared.

RM going to talk to Cody about possibly redshirting the rest of the year. Interesting. RM said he would leave it up to Cody to decide.

Cody not going to integrate with the team over night.

KM is going to start and play tonight.

-per rick cody's decision on playing the rest of this yr or redshirting, i think that needs clarification

Very very interesting... I dont even know what my opinion is right now, just happy I even have to chance to develop an opinion on him.

I think if he can hit the ground running by conference time, we play him. There's no question this kid will play professionally at some point. Although for a big, that extra year w/ Majerus might make the difference between the NBA and the Australian leagues. Hard to say. Selfishly, I want him to play. From an excitement standpoint, he might want to play. If he's in decent shape right now, I think Majerus will want him to play. We'll have to see.

I think if he can hit the ground running by conference time, we play him. There's no question this kid will play professionally at some point. Although for a big, that extra year w/ Majerus might make the difference between the NBA and the Australian leagues. Hard to say. Selfishly, I want him to play. From an excitement standpoint, he might want to play. If he's in decent shape right now, I think Majerus will want him to play. We'll have to see.

I have a 20 spot that say's the kid will want to play.

-per rick cody's decision on playing the rest of this yr or redshirting, i think that needs clarification

I would be very surprised if Cody chose to redshirt. He is coming a long way and has already had to wait a while. I think he will want to get out there and play. I would also be surprised if he is not starting by Feb. 1.

I would be very surprised if Cody chose to redshirt. He is coming a long way and has already had to wait a while. I think he will want to get out there and play. I would also be surprised if he is not starting by Feb. 1.

I don't think he will start this year. He'll be in a rotation with Willie and Brian off the bench.

Realistically, we are not an NCAA team with him this year anyway. I think I would rather see him play 4 full years than 3.5, especially 4 full good years, than 3 with a 1/2 year of adjusting to D1 ball. That being said, I would still be excited to see him playing the rest of the year.

I don't think he will start this year. He'll be in a rotation with Willie and Brian off the bench.

We'll certainly be better off right out of the gate next year if he does play the remainder of this season.

I think it makes sense all around for him to play right away. He's been out of competition since this summer and if he red shirts he won't play competitively for 16 months and I wouldn't think that would be good for him personally.

The time he would see this season would be against a higher level of competition than he would have seen by playing earlier in the non-conference schedule and that should prepare him good for next year.

There certainly good be an argument made for him red shirting but with the time he would have out of game competition, I just don't that would be the way to go.

From a team perspective, no question he needs to play as soon as he can. This teams needs another big and if he can stretch the opponent's defense to the perimeter, it will free up Willie more inside. Having some games under his belt will do wonders for him when it comes time to the start of next season. KM and WR in their junior seasons and CE with some experience under his belt will do the team wonders.

RM just said that CE will be the level of KM and WR. I don't know if he meant that he would be immediately or what. I thought Jensen said CE would step in and be the best player on the team.

IF CE is just at the level of KM and WR, then this team is still going to be something special at some point.

I think coming in Ellis is as good as anyone on the team. While I hope he doesn't redshirt, because no doubt we will feel his impact immediately, I can see very strong arguments for it. Plus, think of what this team would be like in three years with Ellis, McCall, Evan, Roe (maybe), Christian... we could really be a force in NCAA basketball.

I'm with Willie. I bet the bloke has been working out regularly, if for no other reason than to work off the frustration. I'd also bet he was in the Down Under weight room within minutes after getting his score, and that he avoids anything but grilled barramundi for Christmas dinner.

Let him do some on-the-job training for the rest of the season and let's do Missouri State (record) to start next year! (And if we're going to use a redshirt, give it to Reid. I think we're all eventually going to be surprised by that kid.)

I think coming in Ellis is as good as anyone on the team. While I hope he doesn't redshirt, because no doubt we will feel his impact immediately, I can see very strong arguments for it. Plus, think of what this team would be like in three years with Ellis, McCall, Evan, Roe (maybe), Christian... we could really be a force in NCAA basketball.

I vote on the side of CE playing immediately if he is in shape and redshirting a semester if he comes in as fat as RM