Lisch's list down to four

At least according to the recruiting page on the Illini board. It is us, Illinois, KU and Butler. I would be very surprised if ND is not involved considering his father's legacy there, but maybe Kevin doesn't always want to be know as "Rusty Lisch's kid."

We could offer him immediate playing time in a new arena and his family could come to every game. Let's hope it comes to pass.

Polk, Liddell, and Lisch in the backcourt is just too good not to at least dream about.

http://news.illiniboard.com/recruiting/player.php?ID=182

problems we worked on as kids. Little Tommie is wearing a red shirt and blue pants. Out of kids A, B, C, and D only A and C are wearing red shirts. All kids wear either Blue or Black jeans. Kid A's mom always makes A wear black jeans. What kid is little Tommie?

If billiken_roy and tsuegnekillib are independently right than he is ours. Its either SLU or Illinois and its got to be Catholic.

Until he announces anywhere all we can do is hope and cross our fingers. Good luck to Brad.

Roy, can you tell us where you heard that or is it "hush hush"? I hope everyone's sources are correct. If they are, it looks like we should be the favorite to get the young Mr. Lisch. All I know is, it sounds like he would be perfect for our program, let's hope he feels the same!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Illinois is a good school and has a good basketball tradition. However, if I had a son who was in a position to be the star of a program that is on the rise, with a sincere, not full of BS coach, at an outstanding academic school, with a BRAND NEW arena, in a city where he would possibly live after graduation and be a semi-celebrity, I don't think it would be a tough choice on where to advise my son to attend college. On top of that, you have a strong Jesuit tradition and the influence of a Catholic institution. For a parent it seems obvious. Having two college-aged sons, believe me, I know. Neither would have made it into SLU and it was a disappointment.

Honestly, knowing what I know now, I would pick SLU all over again for myself. The only difference is that now, the decision would be a slam-dunk compared to twenty years ago when I agonized over the decision. I guess 20 years of being in business in St. Louis and benefitting from the SLU connections hasn't hurt either.

my question with Lisch is where does he play and how does that affect his decision? If he's a PG he's got Polk for 3 years, if he's a SG he's got Clarke and Liddell there for a few years. At Illinois he only has Dee Brown in front of him for 1 year. Does Brad go 3 guard offense and if so wouldn't that mean having Meyer there for 3 years as well?

>Illinois is a good school and has a good basketball

>tradition. However, if I had a son who was in a position to

>be the star of a program that is on the rise, with a

>sincere, not full of BS coach, at an outstanding academic

>school, with a BRAND NEW arena, in a city where he would

>possibly live after graduation and be a semi-celebrity,

To be fair Illinois is rated much higher than SLU academically, has a much stronger Bball tradition (gotta be Big Ten favorites next year with everyone back), is in the Big Ten, guaranteeing national exposure, hoops players are treated as heros on campus for 4 years and Weber is a hell of a coach too. Plus, UI is pursuing a new arena. And where do you get that Weber is full of BS?

If Lisch only considers the criteia you listed SLU is in trouble against UI. If he wants city over soy fields then SLU has a major advantage.

kevin wont have any of those players "in front of him" at either school. he is better than all of them right now.

I'm sure Brad has all this figured out and he wouldn't recruit him so heavily if he had no where to put him. I could be wrong, but I figured Polk would start at the point, Lisch at the 2 guard, and then have Liddell start at small forward since he's got the height and the slashing ability. Then Meyer would be our offensive spark off the bench. I could definitely be wrong, but that's how I could see all this panning out if we get Lisch.

We hail Saint Louis U."

Perhaps Billiken Law is afraid SLU will surpass his beloved Marquette if we got Lisch. Not sure why he's pointing out things like a "lack of playing time"?!? Sound like this kid would be a four-year starter for SLU. What's the downside to him coming here?

I'm sure if a recruit was choosing between Wisconsin and Marquette, Billiken Law would be espousing the merits of Wisconsin. Not!

Roy, I'm not disagreeing with you because I haven't seen any of these guys play (except for Polk in the state championship as a sophomore), but do you think Lisch is better than Liddell? If so, that would be quite impressive and Kevin must be severly underrated!

We hail Saint Louis U."

Again, Illinois is starting two point guards and cannot be pressed as a result. Getting Lisch would be wonderful. The Billikens would be able to press and bring tons of backcourt defensive pressure without running through our guards' energy. We would end up with a defensive edge over any team without a mobile 4 or 5 that had ball handling skills in the A10. We would have superior offensive sets with good clock management, a concept missing at times again this year. Two underclass "coaches" on the floor is worth three to four wins a season!

Anyone who disparages Lisch has neither seen him play nor paid attention to how Illinois has used its guard rotation in the second half of the season to become the dominant B10 team, without a true center or power forward. Wayne McClain has said in conversation that Lisch is a glue guard that would make SLU or Illinois a Sweet 16 team for at least three years.

lisch imo is better than liddell. far tougher defensively, far more consistent of a shooter, and far physically tougher. liddell is a better dunker.