next years schedule

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone emailed in an update (Thanks!)

We play Notre Dame, then either Northwestern or Iowa State.

We play Notre Dame at Chaifetz? If so that is great and will be a sell out.

Would Iowa State or Northwestern be at home or on the road?

We play Notre Dame at Chaifetz? If so that is great and will be a sell out.

Would Iowa State or Northwestern be at home or on the road?

Both are part of the Chicago Tournament, so no Notre Dame in St. Louis

• 4 weeks later...

Kennesaw State and Mississippi Valley State will be at Chaifetz as a part of the 1st and 2nd rounds of the Chicago Invitational Challenge. These games will be played sometime between Nov. 20-25 before the team heads off to Hoffman Estates.

To revise our list of known non-conference opponents:

Home:

Southeast Missouri State (Saturday, Nov 14)

Nebraska (Wednesday, Nov 18)

Kennesaw State (Chicago Invitational Challenge)

Mississippi Valley State (Chicago Invitational Challenge)

Southern Illinois

Missouri State

Belmont (Wednesday, Dec 16)

Neutral:

Notre Dame (Friday, Nov 27 at the Sears Centre)

Northwestern/Iowa State (Saturday, Nov 28 at the Sears Centre)

Kennesaw State and Mississippi Valley State will be at Chaifetz as a part of the 1st and 2nd rounds of the Chicago Invitational Challenge. These games will be played sometime between Nov. 20-25 before the team heads off to Hoffman Estates.

To revise our list of known non-conference opponents:

Home:

Southeast Missouri State (Saturday, Nov 14)

Nebraska (Wednesday, Nov 18)

Kennesaw State (Chicago Invitational Challenge)

Mississippi Valley State (Chicago Invitational Challenge)

Southern Illinois

Missouri State

Belmont (Wednesday, Dec 16)

Neutral:

Notre Dame (Friday, Nov 27 at the Sears Centre)

Northwestern/Iowa State (Saturday, Nov 28 at the Sears Centre)

Glad we are playing ND for certain. I remember when the Bills led by Harry Rogers and company upset an outstanding Notre Dame team in the early 1970s.

Glad we are playing ND for certain. I remember when the Bills led by Harry Rogers and company upset an outstanding Notre Dame team in the early 1970s.

Didn't Jessie "the Ghost" Leanord(sp) put in a put back as time was running out to win the game?

Didn't Jessie "the Ghost" Leanord(sp) put in a put back as time was running out to win the game?

Actually, SLU lost that game at the old Arena in the 70-71 season. It was one heck of a game, but Austin Carr hit a shot to put the Irish in the lead and the Bills couldn't convert and missed a shot (I think "The Ghost" took it from the baseline) just before the buzzer. Would rather have seen Jimmy Irving, or Harry or even Carlos Martinez take the shot, but it was a game to remember.

Actually, SLU lost that game at the old Arena in the 70-71 season. It was one heck of a game, but Austin Carr hit a shot to put the Irish in the lead and the Bills couldn't convert and missed a shot (I think "The Ghost" took it from the baseline) just before the buzzer. Would rather have seen Jimmy Irving, or Harry or even Carlos Martinez take the shot, but it was a game to remember.

I seem to recall that after the Bills lost that game, they actually beat ND at their place the following year and then won again the year after that at home during the 1972-73 season. Those Bills teams had some talent.

Just got a postcard from the Billikens that indicates there will be 18 home dates at Chaifetz this year.

Two of those will be exhibition games, I presume, plus eight home conference games, two invitational games, and four guarantee games leaves only two games for reciprocal home-and-home series: Nebraska and Southern Illinois. Either the next series with Missouri State will begin on the road or the Bills will have only three guarantee games this year (or there will be just one exhibition and one closed scrimmage).

I seem to recall that after the Bills lost that game, they actually beat ND at their place the following year and then won again the year after that at home during the 1972-73 season. Those Bills teams had some talent.

The game I was thinking about would have been the 72-73 season

Two of those will be exhibition games, I presume, plus eight home conference games, two invitational games, and four guarantee games leaves only two games for reciprocal home-and-home series: Nebraska and Southern Illinois. Either the next series with Missouri State will begin on the road or the Bills will have only three guarantee games this year (or there will be just one exhibition and one closed scrimmage).

I was told a couple of times last year that the MO St. series would resume at SLU this season. My guess is they are trying to line-up another scrimage instead of one of the exhibtion games.

Thicks, the Missouri St. game is a home game. In the spirt of calling something that walks like a duck a duck, I'd call the two Invitational home games guarantee games.

Thus I think we'll have the following

2 Exhibition

3 home games from home and home series (SIU, MSU, Nebraska)

8 conference games

2 guarantee games from Tourney

3 guarantee games (SEMO and Belmont are two of them and yes I am hopefully calling Belmont a guarantee game as I see no good from us going to play them there next year)

Total of 16 regular season home games

14 Road games will be split as follows:

2 tourney games (Iowa St. with no guarantee of ND)

8 conference games

4 non-confernece games against unknown teams

This is the part we know nothing about. Who are the 4 teams that we will we start a new series with on the road? Are we trying to get all home and homes? If no reasonable options exist there, would we go for a 1 for 2 against a true power? Its amazing that nothing has come out about these other 4 games. Obviously, who these 4 are will directly impact the quality of teams we will see at the Chaifetz in 10-11.

Thicks, the Missouri St. game is a home game. In the spirt of calling something that walks like a duck a duck, I'd call the two Invitational home games guarantee games.

Thus I think we'll have the following

2 Exhibition

3 home games from home and home series (SIU, MSU, Nebraska)

8 conference games

2 guarantee games from Tourney

3 guarantee games (SEMO and Belmont are two of them and yes I am hopefully calling Belmont a guarantee game as I see no good from us going to play them there next year)

Total of 16 regular season home games

14 Road games will be split as follows:

2 tourney games (Iowa St. with no guarantee of ND)

8 conference games

4 non-confernece games against unknown teams

This is the part we know nothing about. Who are the 4 teams that we will we start a new series with on the road? Are we trying to get all home and homes? If no reasonable options exist there, would we go for a 1 for 2 against a true power? Its amazing that nothing has come out about these other 4 games. Obviously, who these 4 are will directly impact the quality of teams we will see at the Chaifetz in 10-11.

We may only have one exhibition game and one scrimmage as we did last year......which could mean an additional regular season home game