cheerleaders

anne

Where are the cheerleaders this year? The Baby Blues are okay but we need cheerleaders.

anne, apparently that is our cheerleaders going forward a combination of the cheerleaders and baby blues of year's past. if you notice at least three of the girls can do all the flips and such. so there are cheer skills. it isnt all dance. plus now they dunk.

there are cheer skills. it isnt all dance. plus now they dunk.

this, in my opinion, is JAWESOME. this is heroes in a half shell. this is G.I. JOE!!! how many other schools have dunking hot chicks? that has to be unique. and these chicks are HOT now. saintsations name sucks, but i'd date a chick named Frank if she was as slamtastic as some of those chicks look.

Guest BillikenReport

I kept watching the cheerleaders dunking the other day and thought someone was going to get seriously hurt, despite all the safety measures in place.

It was entertaining though. I also liked the Simon Sez guy's performance at halftime of the men's game.

Seriously, Nate? I was just embarrassed for the guy.

it wasnt quick change or the lady on the unicycle, but it was better than 4th graders scrimmaging.

I think the spirit team has some very beautiful and talented girls. Their appearance and their skills are top notch. I do not like the loss of the cheerleaders. These girls dance well but they do not do an effective job of leading cheers. No signs, no megaphones, nothing. The girls have a hard time throwing the balls much past the 5th or 6th rows and in the center sections a lot of those seats are empty anyway. I do not like their uniforms which to me just do not look right. What was the reasoning behind the change of eliminating the cheerleaders? I will say this is a very very attractive group of girls.

For some reason I found myself at the Wash U basketball game Sunday and at halftime the cheerleaders (3 girls and 2 guys) were first in line at the concession stand. As the second half was getting ready to start the guy cheerleaders were pounding hotdogs under the baskets while the girls were on the court. Then during a time out they all were on the court with signs and I actually felt bad for all of them. It was pathetic. I leaned over my friend and he thought the same thing. It made me thankful for the girls and entertainment we have now.

BTW-the halftime show was about recycling, maybe the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The "Camo Crew" (a group of 8 rowdy fans dresses in camo) booed them off the court.

The game itself wasnt bad. Wash U has a player and Rochester had a guy go for 32.

I think the spirit team has some very beautiful and talented girls. Their appearance and their skills are top notch. I do not like the loss of the cheerleaders. These girls dance well but they do not do an effective job of leading cheers. No signs, no megaphones, nothing. The girls have a hard time throwing the balls much past the 5th or 6th rows and in the center sections a lot of those seats are empty anyway. I do not like their uniforms which to me just do not look right. What was the reasoning behind the change of eliminating the cheerleaders? I will say this is a very very attractive group of girls.

IMO, cheerleaders don't do anything to get the crowd in the game. Did you go to the games when we had cheerleaders? I didn't see much cheering going on in the stands. I saw a sleepy crowd that wouldn't clap for anything. I'd rather have 20-25 good attractive girls doing some dances and cheers, than 10 girls and 10 dudes yelling at me. If the students keep showing up in force, they will lead the cheers just fine.

IMO, cheerleaders don't do anything to get the crowd in the game. Did you go to the games when we had cheerleaders? I didn't see much cheering going on in the stands. I saw a sleepy crowd that wouldn't clap for anything. I'd rather have 20-25 good attractive girls doing some dances and cheers, than 10 girls and 10 dudes yelling at me. If the students keep showing up in force, they will lead the cheers just fine.

Dropping the male cheerleaders was a great decision. The girls look great, they dance great, and they can dunk, which makes them awesome in my book. My wife has a serious problem with one of them, but she approves of the rest.

Having seen the Saintsations (or whatever they are called) for the first time at the UD game are a definite improvement over anything SLU has done in the past.

I wished they looked that good when I was at SLU :lol:

Did they have cheerleaders in the '30s? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

CHEERleaders are immaterial. Given that certain top level games get reflected at the high school level, I'd be willing to be CHEERleaders are immaterial there as well.

Give me the dance teams. Not those filled with pasty white women from the frozen tundra of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, or the wind swept concrete canyons of Chicago, but the babes and starlets of the old Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville and Charlotte squads. Those made the days in CUSA worth it. Wasn't Carmen Electra a UC dance girl? There was one girl on UC our last year there -- coulda been Carmen's twin sister.

All sexism aside, if you are a school with CHEERleaders, you aren't doing much. I am sure the Dookie sideliners don't have much to say about any cheers that erupt at Cameron. What do you want to hear "Hear we go, Bills, here we go!"???? "Gimme an S-gimme an L- and a U --- while you're at it, throw a "T" on there too" To be politically-correct, it ain't about cheering, its about the sex appeal and that's bad. To that I say nay-nay. Cheerleaders in NFL stadiums? To be sexist and dirty-old-manish, it ain't about cheering, its about the sex appeal and that's good. To that I say yay-yay!

The real crash that is coming for this oldster: daughter #2 may be dancing on a sideline near you shortly. Yikes!

Give me the dance teams. Not those filled with pasty white women from the frozen tundra of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, or the wind swept concrete canyons of Chicago, but the babes and starlets of the old Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville and Charlotte squads. Those made the days in CUSA worth it. Wasn't Carmen Electra a UC dance girl? There was one girl on UC our last year there -- coulda been Carmen's twin sister.

I got two words for ya, Taj: Southern Miss. At least that school brought SOMETHING to the table back in the CUSA days.

Anything in black spandex will turn my head, box. Even BAD black spandex --- until the mind registers that it is indeed, bad.

As roy will attest, me and the boys sit at the tournaments, binocs primed. Seems we never use those until the timeouts. My favorite was at a tourney in Cinciy when an X prude and her man-friend decided we were immature idiots. Which we are on road trips. Oh well, I felt sorry for the guy --- he was just itching to borrow my nocs.

But, as you too shall see, nothing ends dirty old man behavior like when you have a daughter out there. That's pretty much you-wall-crash! Of course, you culd consult a much more astute and learned person than I on this behavior. Where's bonowich?

Ya think?

Awwww, Nate. I saw that already. While the senses have dulled over the years (for written references, inquire to BONOWICH, JOE), something like one of these loose techno-twins from the Verizon commercial would have been sifted out quite early in the appearance. But yes, the initial would have rung off "warning, warning" but I'm pretty sure the reality and crosscheck would have been instantaneous.

Are you going to AC for the March event or no?

How is it that the "NEW" Saintsations are easily overshadowed by their highschool counterparts at half-time entertainment?

The Spirit Squad (Cheerleaders of years gone by) had more attractive and talented girls, the guys were a welcome addition for the stunting, and overall those squads put the present group to shame.

Check out the squads at any "Name" college and you will see co-ed cheerleaders. They work on outstanding stunts and tumbling. All that is head and shoulders above the present Saintsations. The name even lacks any imagination. Come on, this is the college level, I would expect that sort of name at grade school. Heck, even high school would be more creative than that.

The signs, stunting, and gymnastics of the cheerleading squad are sorely missed thses days. The "Dance" squad is really lacking in direction and talent. I am a fan of cheerleaders, you can have the so called "Dance Squad" (Yawn). Maybe there are just a reflection of thier leadership?

How is it that the "NEW" Saintsations are easily overshadowed by their highschool counterparts at half-time entertainment?

The Spirit Squad (Cheerleaders of years gone by) had more attractive and talented girls, the guys were a welcome addition for the stunting, and overall those squads put the present group to shame.

Check out the squads at any "Name" college and you will see co-ed cheerleaders. They work on outstanding stunts and tumbling. All that is head and shoulders above the present Saintsations. The name even lacks any imagination. Come on, this is the college level, I would expect that sort of name at grade school. Heck, even high school would be more creative than that.

The signs, stunting, and gymnastics of the cheerleading squad are sorely missed thses days. The "Dance" squad is really lacking in direction and talent. I am a fan of cheerleaders, you can have the so called "Dance Squad" (Yawn). Maybe there are just a reflection of thier leadership?

Those old chicks were NOT hotter. You need to get your bifocals recalibrated or else pony up some turbo Billiken Bucks for bionic eyes. The rest of your post loses all credibility when you say that the old chicks were more attractive. Some of those chicks were flat out BUSTED. SaintSations, lose even more clothing and keep up the dunking. Leave those mathlete chicks out.

Those old chicks were NOT hotter. You need to get your bifocals recalibrated or else pony up some turbo Billiken Bucks for bionic eyes. The rest of your post loses all credibility when you say that the old chicks were more attractive. Some of those chicks were flat out BUSTED. SaintSations, lose even more clothing and keep up the dunking. Leave those mathlete chicks out.

Well said, Jimbo

Jumbo,

You are a victim of "He'll do anything if you show him some skin".

The Saintsations are lame at best. A couple of them are hold overs from the past Cheerleading squad. They are the talented ones who are credible at tumbling and stunting. They are also the best looking of the squad.

At the Dayton game, the half-time dance squad from a local high school out shined a college squad hands down. The overall talent of the present squad has gone down hill this year.

Put the squad back on track with the rest of the college programs. D1 schools have dancers and cheerleaders and elect the best talent for both. SLU athletics screwed up when they ditched the cheerleaders for a single "Saintsations" squad.

Parks