Official game thread

kcbill

There was one full section of Dayton fan, directly next to me that had about 125 or so fairly rowdy fans and another small pond of red in section 208. There were many Dayton fans scattered throughout the arena. The Dayton fans by me were very spirited. My son and I tried to get some spirit going against them...not much luck. Thankfully the student section was fairly close and it was awesome that so many students came out again to support this team. The atmosphere at the arena was amazing tonight! I think it was a huge factor. Keep it up!

The win tonight was tremendous! The team has really come a long way this year, more so than anyone ever expected! KM and WR are amazing to watch. Kyle and BT are coming along. Keep up the good work Billikids!

Anyone see the brawl outside with the guys in the checkered pants? They were pounding some Dayton fans...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to realize there is a differnce between winning ten dollars on a scratch off and hitting the powerball.

What a fantastic win in a great atmosphere. Why not let the kids celebrate! You are like the people who tell the standing fans to sit down. Let them enjoy the moment and try not to demean the kids or the victory.

Anyone see the brawl outside with the guys in the checkered pants? They were pounding some Dayton fans...

They were probably pounding on the drunk ass rude ones sitting in the section next to me. Even the sweater vest crowd was pretty rowdy. Near the end of the game, a couple of us looked over at them sitting quietly with their arms folded and chantted to them "why so quiet"? Yea, they didn't like that.

What a fantastic win in a great atmosphere. Why not let the kids celebrate! You are like the people who tell the standing fans to sit down. Let them enjoy the moment and try not to demean the kids or the victory.

I never tell anyboy to sit down. I am normally the one being told to sit down. It was a great and fun atmosphere, but it wasn't a power program we beat. It was the Dayton Flyers who haven't been to the NCAA tournament in five years.

I never tell anyboy to sit down. I am normally the one being told to sit down. It was a great and fun atmosphere, but it wasn't a power program we beat. It was the Dayton Flyers who haven't been to the NCAA tournament in five years.

I agree, Brian. I thought it just showed SLU's lack of bball knowledge. It's a game we should have won (we played them evenly on their home court). Dayton wasn't even ranked by ESPN and they were missing a few players. Save it for a top 10 victory when it's a shock to win.

I understand. Emotions were running high. I just think it showed a respect to Dayton that they didn't deserve. They aren't that great.

I also think that we are still trying to market basketball games to alot of the students in attendence last night who were at their first games. So lets show them how fun it is! Whats more fun than rushing the court!?

I also think that we are still trying to market basketball games to alot of the students in attendence last night who were at their first games. So lets show them how fun it is! Whats more fun than rushing the court!?

I agree with both sides. but ultimately the fact that a big group of students had a blast at a basketball game is the most important thing.

senior night is over spring break, so a big turn out is not likely unfortunately.

Last night was the most fun that I have ever had at a Bills game! I'm so sad that the season is coming to an end. I wish that we could have X at home.

Let's win at AC and then make it to the tourney! GO BILLS!

I understand. Emotions were running high. I just think it showed a respect to Dayton that they didn't deserve. They aren't that great.

What ivory tower are you coming from? Dayton is a tough and talented team that has the best record in the league. You now demean our victory by saying that they are not a good teem. You insult our kids for having a little enthusiasm and running on the court. If you can't appreciate this win, the atmosphere, the fans, the students and the fact that we beat a good team with five freshmen playing significant roles then you have lost all perspective. I am sick of the negativity on this board and posts like these, after a big win, are just an indication of how low people can go to try to damage our program.

What ivory tower are you coming from? Dayton is a tough and talented team that has the best record in the league. You now demean our victory by saying that they are not a good teem. You insult our kids for having a little enthusiasm and running on the court. If you can't appreciate this win, the atmosphere, the fans, the students and the fact that we beat a good team with five freshmen playing significant roles then you have lost all perspective. I am sick of the negativity on this board and posts like these, after a big win, are just an indication of how low people can go to try to damage our program.

Chill out. He didn't demean the team's win and he is not trying to damage the program.

And you wonder why people give you a hard time.

Billikan,

I'm not going to get in an argument with you, but with all respect, you way overreacted to my posts. You changed my words from dayton's not that great, to dayton's not a good team. And, while I loved the students enthusiasm last night (thought the jumping up on free throws was great), I just think rushing the court should be reserved for situations that rarely occur, i.e. beating a top 10 team (a game i don't expect to win). I expected to win that game last night after we stayed with them on their court and knowing how our guys get pumped up at home.

And please, enough with how negative this board is and how people are trying to damage the program. That's getting old. I think this board (outside of a few) is incredibly positive and supportive, especially the second half of this season. And you and I can both agree that last night looked extremely good for the future. For the team, the program, the crowd, and the students.

Lloyd

You are one crazy dude Billikan. Over-react much?

Dayton is a good, not great team. My view of the world is that rushing the court should be reserved for top 10 teams or conference championships.

Billikan,

I'm not going to get in an argument with you, but with all respect, you way overreacted to my posts. You changed my words from dayton's not that great, to dayton's not a good team. And, while I loved the students enthusiasm last night (thought the jumping up on free throws was great), I just think rushing the court should be reserved for situations that rarely occur, i.e. beating a top 10 team (a game i don't expect to win). I expected to win that game last night after we stayed with them on their court and knowing how our guys get pumped up at home.

And please, enough with how negative this board is and how people are trying to damage the program. That's getting old. I think this board (outside of a few) is incredibly positive and supportive, especially the second half of this season. And you and I can both agree that last night looked extremely good for the future. For the team, the program, the crowd, and the students.

Lloyd

Exactly. In my time as a Billiken fan these are the games we rushed the court for:

- Beating Depaul to go to the NIT Semis

- Beating top 10 Kansas when they came to the Savvis

- Beating top 10 Cinci on Valentines day

- Beating #2 Louisville

- Winning the CUSA championship in Memphis.

I honestly don't remember any others but beating a team ranked 25th doesn't qualify in my book.

Exactly. In my time as a Billiken fan these are the games we rushed the court for:

- Beating Depaul to go to the NIT Semis

- Beating top 10 Kansas when they came to the Savvis

- Beating top 10 Cinci on Valentines day

- Beating #2 Louisville

- Winning the CUSA championship in Memphis.

I honestly don't remember any others but beating a team ranked 25th doesn't qualify in my book.

Yes you are right, but the present student base needs to learnas they have not experienced the thinks we old timers have. They will only get better by being there and supporting the team in greater numbers. Lots of those students are going to go out and tell others what a great time they had last night. I don't care if they rush the floor after every game if they keep coming like they did last night. :angry:

I agree DR and thats why I advocated rushing the court. The atmosphere was so intense that it really felt like a good idea. I think that it will lead to more people coming back to the games.

"I want to acknowledge the students again," Majerus said. "They did a great job. They gave us a big lift. How many times can they get out on the floor? We've got the police line out there. I was looking for the dogs from the Alabama days to bite them as they came through. We should have let them come on the court and enjoy themselves. For paying $46,000 (in tuition) they should. The players went back out. It means a lot to the players to have the students there."