Obstructed View??!!

TheBand

From the Timmerman blog:

"The Dayton game is effectively a sellout, but with demand high, SLU is putting on sale somewhere under 50 seats that they normally don’t sell because railings or wires or something else is blocking the view. They’ll go on sale Saturday morning at 10 a.m. And there are some student general admission tickets left too."

How in this day and age with computer aided design are there still "obstructed view" seats? Wasn't this building built with basketball as its main purpose? Who designed this building, chimps?

I just find this odd.

From the Timmerman blog:

"The Dayton game is effectively a sellout, but with demand high, SLU is putting on sale somewhere under 50 seats that they normally don’t sell because railings or wires or something else is blocking the view. They’ll go on sale Saturday morning at 10 a.m. And there are some student general admission tickets left too."

How in this day and age with computer aided design are there still "obstructed view" seats? Wasn't this building built with basketball as its main purpose? Who designed this building, chimps?

I just find this odd.

There's always going to be an obstructed view, regardless of design.

skip my duaghter has slu credit classes her senior year at belleville west, which of course qualified for being able to purchase a student season tix which i did to get another seat at a great price. all has worked out great since the owner of the seats right behind ours has only shown up twice this year. i would just sit there and my daughter sat in my seat. tonite i guess i am roving the arena looking for a seat or else sitting with the band. great problem to have! :lol:

skip my duaghter has slu credit classes her senior year at belleville west, which of course qualified for being able to purchase a student season tix which i did to get another seat at a great price. all has worked out great since the owner of the seats right behind ours has only shown up twice this year. i would just sit there and my daughter sat in my seat. tonite i guess i am roving the arena looking for a seat or else sitting with the band. great problem to have! :lol:

You're welcome to sit around us, Roy. Can you play a tambourine?

Someone was in the seats next to me for the 1st couple or three games, but it's been empty since. I don't know if it's another season ticket holder I pissed off or if they aren't taken.

Or maybe the seats in the last row behind the video boards.

I haven't looked to see if anyone was sitting in those seats this season, but at the grand opening I walked around the arena and sat in various seats to see the quality of the view. I checked out some of the seemingly bad seat locations, including the last row under the video boards, and I can't say that the view was really obstructed. Maybe if you're taller than me (I'm 5-7) and sat up completely straight, then maybe it might be different, but I don't remember it being a problem.

The first thing I thought of when I heard obstructed seats was right behind the band, but I think that might be considered to be student section. Plus that's where family of band members sit. I do know that tickets available for band members families were limited due to the anticipated sellout.

I know there are some rows toward the bottom of the upper bowl close to the aisles where the handrails obstruct the view a bit.

I think that is it, plus I think the cameras (especially for tv games) can obstruct. Do you really think they are sold out? I was going to try to get tickets after I get early, surely they have a few left.

I'm going to be late you can probably sit in my seats for tip off and scout up some other no shows; I have a quail club dinner I

promised to go to at 6 PM on the Eside try sec 114 seats 7 and 8 if that helps; but please move if we show up. I sit wherever I

can if we have our children in town and I let them use my seats and am not bothered by having to move.

That is one of the reasons the new Cardinals stadium is not appreciated by St. Louisans-we like to fill in the best seats so we are

not embarrassed by no shows. Now you can't even go visit your friends.

While watching some recorded home games, you can really tell on television the empty seats behind the visitor's bench in the corner close to the SLU student section. I'm assuming that whole are is opposing team seats, but they are rarely if ever filled. It would be great to do something to address that at game time or during the game from a television viewing point. It makes the place look empty. If you fix that, the rest of the place doesn't look too bad from a tv standpoint.