RM spotting at The Good Pie

slulard05

One of my coworkers was at The Good Pie on Saturday before the game with her husband and ~5 month old baby. Majerus was there as well. At the table next to them were two kids that could have been in college, maybe a little older. When Majerus was on his way out, he stopped by the kids' table to ask if they were going to the game. They said that they weren't slu students and no, they weren't. He asked if they wanted to go, they excitedly said "yeah", so he made a quick call and told them that they just needed to stop by will call before the game and they'll have tickets in some of his seats!

He stopped by my coworker's table too, and said something about their kid being cute, and asked if they were going to the game. They said they were. When he offered them tickets, they said they already had them. He then gave them his secretary's number and said to call it at anytime and they'll have four tickets to any game they want. Looks like Majerus has taken up the call to do a little more PR for the school.

It's nice that he gives away tickets, but he could create far greater goodwill by doing the postgame radio show more often. He also missed his radio show last night, although they said he was under the weather.

I know he prefers to focus on the team, but a big part of the coach's job is promoting the program.

One of my coworkers was at The Good Pie on Saturday before the game with her husband and ~5 month old baby. Majerus was there as well. At the table next to them were two kids that could have been in college, maybe a little older. When Majerus was on his way out, he stopped by the kids' table to ask if they were going to the game. They said that they weren't slu students and no, they weren't. He asked if they wanted to go, they excitedly said "yeah", so he made a quick call and told them that they just needed to stop by will call before the game and they'll have tickets in some of his seats!

He stopped by my coworker's table too, and said something about their kid being cute, and asked if they were going to the game. They said they were. When he offered them tickets, they said they already had them. He then gave them his secretary's number and said to call it at anytime and they'll have four tickets to any game they want. Looks like Majerus has taken up the call to do a little more PR for the school.

Yes but does it make up for running over curbs? :lol:

It's nice that he gives away tickets, but he could create far greater goodwill by doing the postgame radio show more often. He also missed his radio show last night, although they said he was under the weather.

I know he prefers to focus on the team, but a big part of the coach's job is promoting the program.

Many college coaches do not do the post game radio program all of the time or much of the time. I wouldn't put the post-game presser as anywhere near the top of my interests in program promotion.

Many college coaches do not do the post game radio program all of the time or much of the time. I wouldn't put the post-game presser as anywhere near the top of my interests in program promotion.

I don't know how much or if anything Rick gets paid for doing a post game show, but I believe a lot of coaches get good bucks for doing radio.I bet if a big sponsor put up some big $'s you would have Rick every game,then the challenge would be to get him to shut up.

Yes but does it make up for running over curbs? :P

On that note, I had to check the grassy area near those entrance gates by the parking lot next to Chaifetz to see if there were in fact tire marks. Upon review there certainly were! :lol:

And does it make one difference to me that those tire tracks exist? Absolutely not! I'm just impressed that a car (owner not specific, don't know who actually left those tire tracks) can run into those and not experience damage, seeing as last month I slid on ice into a similar sized curb, and I got dents in my front bumper and driver's side front wheel rim.

Do we have confirmation that he actually paid for his pie or did a AD flunkie have to run back in and pay? Please I'm trying to decide if I hate him or really hate him and I need some anonymous message board poster to sway my opinion.

I like hearing Moser after the games - he's able to give a much more concise wrap-up than Majerus.

On that note, I had to check the grassy area near those entrance gates by the parking lot next to Chaifetz to see if there were in fact tire marks. Upon review there certainly were! :lol:

And does it make one difference to me that those tire tracks exist? Absolutely not! I'm just impressed that a car (owner not specific, don't know who actually left those tire tracks) can run into those and not experience damage, seeing as last month I slid on ice into a similar sized curb, and I got dents in my front bumper and driver's side front wheel rim.

I wasn't trying to sway anyone's opinion with the anecdote about his driving around the gate to get into that lot. I was just telling what I thought was a funny little story. If anyone takes it to be an extra insight into his complex character, that's fine, I don't care either way.

I'll put it this way- I'd rather have a good coach who makes the occasional jerk move like that instead of a mediocre coach and poor recruiter who doesn't.

I wasn't trying to sway anyone's opinion with the anecdote about his driving around the gate to get into that lot. I was just telling what I thought was a funny little story. If anyone takes it to be an extra insight into his complex character, that's fine, I don't care either way.

I'll put it this way- I'd rather have a good coach who makes the occasional jerk move like that instead of a mediocre coach and poor recruiter who doesn't.

I would agree with that. It is just when you hear these stories about him being a bear to work with you certainly give him less benefit of the doubt. It is good to hear that Coach Majerus is going out of his way to promote the program.

I would agree with that. It is just when you hear these stories about him being a bear to work with you certainly give him less benefit of the doubt. It is good to hear that Coach Majerus is going out of his way to promote the program.

Genius isn't always easy to tolerate.

Well that's just great. You hear that, Rick? Bears. Now you're putting the whole arena in jeopardy.