radio tonite

bills16

is the voice of the billikens carrying the game tonight?

i plan on listening to the game tonight on the internet

if it's on.

101.1 should be carrying the game tonight but after that who knows.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...FA?OpenDocument

At the end there is something in there about Ch. 11 televising 5 games, including the BC game next Saturday. sure would be nice to get the road games on first...

is the voice of the billikens carrying the game tonight?

i plan on listening to the game tonight on the internet

if it's on.

The Press release from the University says the game will be carried on 101.1. The press release also states that all home games will be streamed online. Unfortunately, it is game day and there is not link to the Video OR the Audio on the school website. There is also no mention of it on CSTV. Who knows, but I've been looking forward to this day for awhile and I'll be quite disappointed if I don't get to watch, let alone listen, the game.

The Press release from the University says the game will be carried on 101.1. The press release also states that all home games will be streamed online. Unfortunately, it is game day and there is not link to the Video OR the Audio on the school website. There is also no mention of it on CSTV. Who knows, but I've been looking forward to this day for awhile and I'll be quite disappointed if I don't get to watch, let alone listen, the game.

I would love it if the games were streamed online. I assume there will be a subscription fee of some sort, but not sure.

I would love it if the games were streamed online. I assume there will be a subscription fee of some sort, but not sure.

Yes...9.95/game or 79.95 per year. This is the SLU press release. I'm not optimistic about my chances of watching it tonight.

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../111008aaa.html

Yes...9.95/game or 79.95 per year. This is the SLU press release. I'm not optimistic about my chances of watching it tonight.

What a bunch of asshats. Why not $5 or even $7? I'll probably pay it, at least for a few games, but that's pretty steep. A lot of people won't pay that.

101.1 should be carrying the game tonight but after that who knows.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/co...FA?OpenDocument

At the end there is something in there about Ch. 11 televising 5 games, including the BC game next Saturday. sure would be nice to get the road games on first...

That's disappointing about TV. You would think they could find a way to at least get most weekend road games on tv.

doesnt the link say "$9.95 per month"? that seems wrong as the math wouldnt make much sense to take an annual subscription then.

-first of all, i feel for the out of town fans, our tv deal is not the best

-would it violate some agreement to put a still camera high enough to see the entire court and just broadcast that feed?

-if i could watch that over nothing, i would

-would that be possible?

-would anyone watch that?

doesnt the link say "$9.95 per month"? that seems wrong as the math wouldnt make much sense to take an annual subscription then.

I would be tempted by the $80 a year. It was actually cheaper to get season tickets to GW than that actually :lol:

I would be tempted by the $80 a year. It was actually cheaper to get season tickets to GW than that actually :lol:

$5 seats to an actual game to sit right next to a season ticket holder who paid $25 per game for the whole season and yet a radio feed costs more than an actual ticket? This is our alma mater and yet SLU acts like the cash hungry St. Louis Cardinals who actually have 3 million attend their games and many more who watch/listen. Quite disappointing that these radio feeds are not free or much cheaper. The cost of the system to implement the pay per feed has got to cost more than the expected revenue. Outside of us diehards, there is not a market (as of yet) for our Bills. I am local and can/will listen to free radio when I cannot make a game but I feel for the alumni/out-of-towners. To act and charge like there is a demand/revenue source is nothing more than greedy and disgraceful. I know for a fact that I have trouble giving free tickets away to friends and co-workers. If I stood out on a busy street corner, I'd doubt I could sell my ticket to any given game for more than a few bucks. Aside from the loyal diehards, who is going to pay $80 per year for a radio broadcast? Not many but I suspect for every dollar they raise, they lose 10 dollars in potential donations. SLU, the St. Louis Cardinals are not asking me for annual donations and for me to leave them money upon death in my Will.

$5 seats to an actual game to sit right next to a season ticket holder who paid $25 per game for the whole season and yet a radio feed costs more than an actual ticket? This is our alma mater and yet SLU acts like the cash hungry St. Louis Cardinals who actually have 3 million attend their games and many more who watch/listen. Quite disappointing that these radio feeds are not free or much cheaper. The cost of the system to implement the pay per feed has got to cost more than the expected revenue. Outside of us diehards, there is not a market (as of yet) for our Bills. I am local and can/will listen to free radio when I cannot make a game but I feel for the alumni/out-of-towners. To act and charge like there is a demand/revenue source is nothing more than greedy and disgraceful. I know for a fact that I have trouble giving free tickets away to friends and co-workers. If I stood out on a busy street corner, I'd doubt I could sell my ticket to any given game for more than a few bucks. Aside from the loyal diehards, who is going to pay $80 per year for a radio broadcast? Not many but I suspect for every dollar they raise, they lose 10 dollars in potential donations. SLU, the St. Louis Cardinals are not asking me for annual donations and for me to leave them money upon death in my Will.

Yo, Clock, the 10 bucks is for video. I watched a few road games that way last year, but it was cheaper than that. I would call somebody and cuss them out if they were charging ANYTHING for audio only.

-i have no idea how many out of towners listen/watch on line

-but i think the number is growing considering we have km from milwaukee, bc from oregon, wr from kc and the kids we signed this early period from oh, tx and aussie

-couldn't a school recruiting against us tell mom and pop, when you can't go you can't even watch your kid's game from slu as they don't stream

-i think i am an advocate of the athdept, i have not been critical of them, but this one needs some attention

Yo, Clock, the 10 bucks is for video. I watched a few road games that way last year, but it was cheaper than that. I would call somebody and cuss them out if they were charging ANYTHING for audio only.

wasn't there a link to a website that sometimes gave free streaming options? sportschannel.net or something?

jimbo, there are a few slu alum in denver. if you're ever up for getting a small, but robust-drinking crew together for a game, let me know.

wasn't there a link to a website that sometimes gave free streaming options? sportschannel.net or something?

jimbo, there are a few slu alum in denver. if you're ever up for getting a small, but robust-drinking crew together for a game, let me know.

I always forget that you're out here. I've got to work during the game (and it's UMSL) but I would definitely be up for getting drunk and yelling at the television w/ you and and any other like-minded individuals throughout the season. I'm currently at 10th and Logan, in Capitol Hill. Do you know anywhere that regularly shows the games?

I always forget that you're out here. I've got to work during the game (and it's UMSL) but I would definitely be up for getting drunk and yelling at the television w/ you and and any other like-minded individuals throughout the season. I'm currently at 10th and Logan, in Capitol Hill. Do you know anywhere that regularly shows the games?

I know that area well. Should be some good options around you. I'll pm you sometime and we'll try to get some folks together during the season.

Well it's 1:30 and the game is nowhere to be found under the schedule on CSTV.com. Gotta love our fantastic team over there at SLU. What a bunch of crap.

I'm pretty sure SLU doesn't dicate the prices. They are the same across the board at CSTV. I do not know how many people would be interested in watching the games online, but agree with the poster that said that number is growing. You have SLU fans, player fans, opposing fans. The streaming video also helps to legitimize our program. There have been several no-name schools over the past few years that have streaming video. I believe it was the Horizon conference that offers streaming video for free. This should have been implemented at SLU years ago.

LOL

Nothing is 9.95 a month.

Can you people get with the program. No wonder the basketball team cannot get anywhere,with the bunch of penny pinchers on this board.

Quit bitching and open your billfold.

TV CHANNELS THAT SHOULD CARRY ALL THE HOME GAMES ARE $9.95 A MONTH. I'M PRETTY SURE ANYTHING THAT COSTS WHAT THEY'RE ASKING WOULD SHOW EVERY COLLEGE BASKETBALL GAME IN THE NATION.

LOL

Nothing is 9.95 a month.

Can you people get with the program. No wonder the basketball team cannot get anywhere,with the bunch of penny pinchers on this board.

Quit bitching and open your billfold.

countryboy, this is how it works. see where the web address is located on nashville's post above with the line under it? it looks like follows:

that is called a "link". if you double click on that with your mouse thingy (trying not to be too techy for you) you come to an article on the slubillikens.com website that if you scroll down (scrolling can be accomplished by rolling that little wheelie thing on your mouse thingy or you can try to pull down the bar on the right or use the arrows on your keyboard) you will find the below passage in the article:

"BILLIKEN ALL-ACCESS: All Billiken regular-season home games this season are video streamed live through Billiken All-Access at www.slubillikens.com. Subscriptions are available for $79.95 annually or $9.95 a month. GameTracker is again available free of charge in 2008."

please read the second sentence closely. it say's "$9.95 PER MONTH".

If you would please send your cyber lesson fee to the billiken club it would be appreciated.

countryboy, this is how it works. see where the web address is located on nashville's post above with the line under it? it looks like follows:

that is called a "link". if you double click on that with your mouse thingy (trying not to be too techy for you) you come to an article on the slubillikens.com website that if you scroll down (scrolling can be accomplished by rolling that little wheelie thing on your mouse thingy or you can try to pull down the bar on the right or use the arrows on your keyboard) you will find the below passage in the article:

"BILLIKEN ALL-ACCESS: All Billiken regular-season home games this season are video streamed live through Billiken All-Access at www.slubillikens.com. Subscriptions are available for $79.95 annually or $9.95 a month. GameTracker is again available free of charge in 2008."

please read the second sentence closely. it say's "$9.95 PER MONTH".

If you would please send your cyber lesson fee to the billiken club it would be appreciated.

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/genrel/092508aaa.html

All Access isn't just for basketball:

For $9.99 a month or a yearly price of $79.95, SLU fans can watch and/or listen to every home men's soccer, women's soccer and volleyball match live. In addition to the full broadcast schedule, features will include player and coach interviews and a behind-the-scenes look at SLU athletics.

The complete live broadcast schedule for the fall can be found on the front of the Web site by clicking on the Billiken All-Access section. The announcement of the men's and women's basketball games that will be streamed live will come following the television announcement, which is expected in October.

Promises, promises ..