OT: SLU Ranked #80 in U.S. News Rankings

SLU is ranked #80 among national universities in the most recent U.S. News rankings. Unfortunately we have been passed by Marquette, which is now one slot above us at #77. We are tied with Clark University and the Colorado School of Mines, two universities about which I know very little.

Among Catholic schools in the top two tiers:

18. Domers

23. G-Town

61. Fordham

77. Marquette

80. SLU

108. Sweater Vest-Wearers (Dayton)

116. Loyola Chi-Town

127. San Francisco

130. Duquesne Gas Grills

Our acceptance rate was 80% - that seems awfully high.

SLU is ranked #80 among national universities in the most recent U.S. News rankings. Unfortunately we have been passed by Marquette, which is now one slot above us at #77. We are tied with Clark University and the Colorado School of Mines, two universities about which I know very little.

18. Domers

23. G-Town

61. Fordham

77. Marquette

80. SLU

116. Loyola Chi-Town

127. San Francisco

130. Duquesne Gas Grills

Any A-10 Catholic schools mentioned?? Xavier, St. Joe??

Any A-10 Catholic schools mentioned?? Xavier, St. Joe??

Those are found in the "Master's Universities" category, as opposed to the "National Universities" category where SLU is ranked. Master's Universities offer few doctoral programs, so they're separated from the rest.

Among Midwestern Master's Universities, XU is #2 (Creighton is #1). Schools like Drake, Bradley, Butler, Valpo, etc. are also in this category.

Among Northern (East Coast) Master's Universities, Catholic schools are well represented:

1. Villanova

2. Loyola Maryland

3. Providence

4. Fairfield

8. St. Joe's

17. LaSalle

40. St. Bonawelding

Those are found in the "Master's Universities" category, as opposed to the "National Universities" category where SLU is ranked. Master's Universities offer few doctoral programs, so they're separated from the rest.

Among Midwestern Master's Universities, XU is #2 (Creighton is #1). Schools like Drake, Bradley, Butler, Valpo, etc. are also in this category.

Among Northern (East Coast) Master's Universities, Catholic schools are well represented:

1. Villanova

2. Loyola Maryland

3. Providence

4. Fairfield

8. St. Joe's

17. LaSalle

40. St. Bonawelding

Can't believe BC is out of the mix in the national universities category. They normally rank pretty high up there.

18. Domers

23. G-Town

61. Fordham

77. Marquette

80. SLU

116. Loyola Chi-Town

127. San Francisco

130. Duquesne Gas Grills

I found Il at 40 and MU at 98 to be a slap in the face to SLU

18. Domers

23. G-Town

61. Fordham

77. Marquette

80. SLU

116. Loyola Chi-Town

127. San Francisco

130. Duquesne Gas Grills

SLU among the "cream of the crop". All SLU grads should hold their head up high. Congrats

SLU among the "cream of the crop". All SLU grads should hold their head up high. Congrats

I've got a friend here from ST. L, Edwardsville actually, whose nephew, who was an all A student from there, who got rejected by UI, but was offered a free ride to SLU. UI's pretty good school from what I hear. MU ought to be disappointed they're at 98 given all their resources and the low cost to attend. I think that's quite a drop from previous years, where they were ranked slightly below us. 80 is not bad at all. I think what prevents us from moving up is our relative anonymity outside the greater I'm not saying a hoops team that makes the dance every year would be the main factor in moving us up the ladder, but it wouldn't hurt in getting us some national attention and possibly a few more high flying student applications.

I've got a friend here from ST. L, Edwardsville actually, whose nephew, who was an all A student from there, who got rejected by UI, but was offered a free ride to SLU. UI's pretty good school from what I hear.

Illinois is a damn good school.

In recent years, I have learned that I may possibly be the only student to ever attend Saint Louis University without having received any financial aid. Guess they misplaced my FAFSA or something. :P

Roy, must you take EVERYTHING so seriously?

only slaps at the billikens or saint louis university or personal insults at good billiken fans.

Seriously? You don't think that's a put down?

No. The "We're #80!" is obviously a play on the "We're #1" chant. I don't think anyone is complaining or making fun of the academic stature of SLU. And the comment about our bball team is a joke. See we haven't been real good lately and I'm hoping that in the near future will achieve top 64 status. So no I don't think what I wrote was a put down. Apparently you like Roy are wound a little tight. Smile. Laugh. It won't kill you. Sometimes even laugh at yourself.

QUOTE (tenthyearsenior @ Aug 25 2008, 02:08 PM)

Because SLU isn't in the same league as IL and only slightly better than MU.

Then how is the ranking a slap in SLU's face? You're contradicting yourself.

Enough, already! You two are bickering like a couple of school girls (or an old married couple)! :P