1000 point club

BLIKNS

Of these former players only one of them reached the 1000 point club....which one is it?

Matt Baniak,Reggie Bryant,Virgel Cobbin,Donnie Dobbs,Anthony Drejaj,Quitman Dillard,Josh Fisher,Kevin Footes,Mo Jeffers,Justin Love,Rich Nieman,Izik Ohannon, Chris Sloan, or H Waldman?

Of these former players only one of them reached the 1000 point club....which one is it?

Matt Baniak,Reggie Bryant,Virgel Cobbin,Donnie Dobbs,Anthony Drejaj,Quitman Dillard,Josh Fisher,Kevin Footes,Mo Jeffers,Justin Love,Rich Nieman,Izik Ohannon, Chris Sloan, or H Waldman?

Good question--gets us out of the name calling mode. My guess would be V. Cobbin, certainly not one of the JUCO guys or even the 3 year guys.

My next stop---the official SLU web site for the answer.

Good question--gets us out of the name calling mode. My guess would be V. Cobbin, certainly not one of the JUCO guys or even the 3 year guys.

My next stop---the official SLU web site for the answer.

Without looking anything up, my guesses would be either Baniak or Drejaj

I'm on to your jedi mind tricks.

My thinking was flawed, with my posting history ... I should have said Cobbin, so you would just assume that was wrong. My picking Drejaj and Baniak, immediately took them out of the equation.

Yes it is Cobbin!

The others totals are

Kevin Footes 968

Josh Fisher 965

Justin Love 931

Rich Niemann 928

Quitman Dillard 851

Matt Banial 847

Anthony Drejaj 812

Reggie Bryant 751

Mo Jeffers 716

Chris Sloan 694

Izik Ohannon 692

Cobbin only average double figures once, his senior season with a 10.8 average

I'm not familiar with Rich Nieman, so it could be him. However, when you say 1000 point club, do you mean 1000 for the Billikens, or 1000 Div. I points? Reggie Bryant certainly surpassed 1000 career points, and I'm pretty sure H Waldman would have, also. I haven't looked any of this up, though.

I know that Drejaj, Fisher, Ohanon, and Sloan fell short of 1000 career points, and Dobbs, Dillard, Footes, Jeffers, and Love were juco transfers, so it would have been nearly impossible for them to score 1000 or more points in two years.

I'm not familiar with Rich Nieman, so it could be him. However, when you say 1000 point club, do you mean 1000 for the Billikens, or 1000 Div. I points? Reggie Bryant certainly surpassed 1000 career points, and I'm pretty sure H Waldman would have, also. I haven't looked any of this up, though.

I know that Drejaj, Fisher, Ohanon, and Sloan fell short of 1000 career points, and Dobbs, Dillard, Footes, Jeffers, and Love were juco transfers, so it would have been nearly impossible for them to score 1000 or more points in two years.

Thicks my guess is that Rich Nieman[mid 60's] spent more time playing proffessional basketball than any Billiken not named Larry Hughes,Bob Ferry or Easy Ed.

Thicks, Niemann was a star for Bishop Dubourg. His wife is Julie Niemann the financial expert that you see on various television stations. I think Rich coached the Billiken woman's team in some capacity for awhile. Possibly with John O"Brien.

It's also amazing to see how many points Kevin Footes scored in so little playing time. He had a world of talent but was a huge knucklehead.

Thicks, Niemann was a star for Bishop Dubourg. His wife is Julie Niemann the financial expert that you see on various television stations. I think Rich coached the Billiken woman's team in some capacity for awhile. Possibly with John O"Brien.

It's also amazing to see how many points Kevin Footes scored in so little playing time. He had a world of talent but was a huge knucklehead.

3 items... first -love the mcgarrett picture agb91, great stuff

second - there has been no name calling or the now allowed vulgarity in this thread, good work all, but notice who is not involved

third - i had no idea that juli niemann was his wife

blikns-thanks for the return to good stuff on the board

ps-i hope no one takes the setup as it is not intentional

Big Rich sat in the section over from me. I tried to say hi to him every game. Nice fella.

Rich of course only played 3 years for SLU because of the freshman rule. Rich only played a half a season in the NBA. Spent most of his pro career in the ABA. Only played 4 years so Bonner and Gene Moore have him beat for longevity as well.

Big Rich sat in the section over from me. I tried to say hi to him every game. Nice fella.

Rich of course only played 3 years for SLU because of the freshman rule. Rich only played a half a season in the NBA. Spent most of his pro career in the ABA. Only played 4 years so Bonner and Gene Moore have him beat for longevity as well.

Roland Gray I think would have him beat too if you include Europe.