OT: Slaten out at KFNS per insidestl.com

Moy your humor is just not there like women you just don't get. So end your man to hand relationship, put the inflatamate away safely so your mommy doesn't find it. Go out side and get some sun and exercise.

By the way unlike you I have a degree and a real job. I only work eight days a month it's nice on my days off to read your mindless dribble.

Gary, with your attitude, I'm sure you are the lord of the ladies..............

Without knowing you, I have a picture in my mind of a fiesty, palsied, octogenarian, that used to scream out' "Dammit Maccauley" everytime Carlos would miss a shot or turn it over........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moy I just wish I was as intellectiual as you. Your class and sophistication just radiate in your posts. You probably think Slaten is a communist. I wish you would debate Slaten, I'm sure he would really hate to match a man of your stature and intellect. Slaten is a free thinker who doesn't let other people affect his opinion. You probably think Chris Carpenter is a true #1 starting pitcher and the Cardinals will win it all.

I always thought of Slaten as more of a Fascist than a Commie, though neither form of govt cares what you think or will let you speak your mind.....

Yes him. Also the same Chris Carpenter who had 5 total starts during the two long losing streaks in 06 and didn't win one of them sounds like a stopper to me. A number one starter dominates. He is not a dominator. When healthy he is at best the 18th best starter in all of Baseball.

When healthy he wins CY Young awards..... I think that has already been established.

Yes him. Also the same Chris Carpenter who had 5 total starts during the two long losing streaks in 06 and didn't win one of them sounds like a stopper to me. A number one starter dominates. He is not a dominator. When healthy he is at best the 18th best starter in all of Baseball.

Could you list the 17 better. I need some help with my fantasy league team.

Is this what goes on at CBC?

GARRRY!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xyWmLYp3xls

Gary,

Don't let these guys bother you. I think you're a F...king genious. I can't imagine how much time and thought must go into writing 99 posts and never, ever making sense or being right. You'd think just the law of averages would kick in and you'd say something right .... but no, not with you. Brilliant, that's what you are.

Keep up the good work

Gary,

Don't let these guys bother you. I think you're a F...king genious. I can't imagine how much time and thought must go into writing 99 posts and never, ever making sense or being right. You'd think just the law of averages would kick in and you'd say something right .... but no, not with you. Brilliant, that's what you are.

Keep up the good work

If an infinite number of garys were typing at an infinite number of typewriters, they'd produce an infinite amount of crap, not Shakespeare .......

Like the King I also Attended Christian Brothers College. So I guess you could say they produce great thinkers. Duncan is at fault in this also. Since he is Cardinal let us all bow down and kiss his feet.

Things you can ask Tony or Dave:

You are doing a great job guys. We'll be fine.

Tony what is your favorite breed of dog?

This is what they want, and this is what the media gives him.

I'm not sure what "media" you've been listening to, but ever since LaRussa's been in St. Louis, I'd say his reception among fans and media alike is lukewarm, given how well the team has done under him. He's always been compared to the beloved Whitey Herzog, poked fun at for his causes (i.e. animals, the environment) and for being "West Coast," and not really appealed to the average Midwestern Cardinals fan. Last year's drunk driving incident exacerbated the scrutiny he's gotten for non-baseball reasons. On the field he gets a ton of scrutiny for his "micromanagement" and working the numbers too much instead of going with his gut and letting them just play.

I am by no means the biggest LaRussa fan around- his game management leaves me scratching my head quite a bit- but there's no way you can say the media is that easy on him. The fact is that he's won the division 7 of his 12 years here and one World Series title and deserves some credit. He isn't facing the NYC media by any means, but is in a market where baseball is incredibly important to the local culture. I think his bosses are a lot more to blame for the current situation for their complete and utter failure to develop a farm system while other division rivals have built nice squads largely from the farm.

Congrats on the CBC diploma. I like how you make your argument based on Slaten (who we've all just discussed, love him or hate him, is a total a-hole), Martin Kilcoyne (eh), and Mike Shannon (who's great, but was never exactly "college material"). From what I've heard about Shannon, he's lucky he had a combination of great athletic ability and the discipline of the Christian Brothers because he'd have been kicked out of any other school.

I'm sorry Majerus, I didn't have the luxury of attending public school like you did. Last time I checked this was a message board not a grammar class.

The seventeen pitchers are Santana, Sabathia, Carmona, Beckett, Bedard, Oswalt, Webb, Haren, Buehrle, Kazmir, Zambrano, Halladay, Sheets, Chris Young, Jake Peavey, Felix Hernandez, Hudson.

Skip never said I was right or wrong stating my opinion. I just wish I was as much of a homer as all of you are.

Until a majority of you get over this complex of mediocrity that you have. Maybe things would change for the better.

Slufan with the obvious addmittance of your perfrection and knowledge, It's a wonder you do not have a show or a column.

I'm not sure what "media" you've been listening to, but ever since LaRussa's been in St. Louis, I'd say his reception among fans and media alike is lukewarm, given how well the team has done under him. He's always been compared to the beloved Whitey Herzog, poked fun at for his causes (i.e. animals, the environment) and for being "West Coast," and not really appealed to the average Midwestern Cardinals fan. Last year's drunk driving incident exacerbated the scrutiny he's gotten for non-baseball reasons. On the field he gets a ton of scrutiny for his "micromanagement" and working the numbers too much instead of going with his gut and letting them just play.

I am by no means the biggest LaRussa fan around- his game management leaves me scratching my head quite a bit- but there's no way you can say the media is that easy on him. The fact is that he's won the division 7 of his 12 years here and one World Series title and deserves some credit. He isn't facing the NYC media by any means, but is in a market where baseball is incredibly important to the local culture. I think his bosses are a lot more to blame for the current situation for their complete and utter failure to develop a farm system while other division rivals have built nice squads largely from the farm.

Congrats on the CBC diploma. I like how you make your argument based on Slaten (who we've all just discussed, love him or hate him, is a total a-hole), Martin Kilcoyne (eh), and Mike Shannon (who's great, but was never exactly "college material"). From what I've heard about Shannon, he's lucky he had a combination of great athletic ability and the discipline of the Christian Brothers because he'd have been kicked out of any other school.

CBC accepts a lot of kids who flunk out of other schools. Their whole hockey team is made of Chaminade and DeSmet rejects.

Like the King I also Attended Christian Brothers College. So I guess you could say they produce great thinkers. Duncan is at fault in this also. Since he is Cardinal let us all bow down and kiss his feet.

Things you can ask Tony or Dave:

You are doing a great job guys. We'll be fine.

Tony what is your favorite breed of dog?

This is what they want, and this is what the media gives him.

Gary, you disgrace the MCC or did you just attend but never graduate? Like you, I attended one of those fine institutions, but at my school they wouldn't let us graduate unless we knew "to much" was actually spelled "TOO much." (See your earlier post in this thread where you mis-remembered how to spell "too" three times.) You and the Queen deserve each other.

Please don't embarrass other CBC and/or MCC grads.

Thats why we have 10 Mid-states hockey titles. Do I detect jealousy?

I would rather be known as one of the finest academic institutions than win hockey titles with better school's dropouts.

Thats why we have 10 Mid-states hockey titles. Do I detect jealousy?

Jealous of our dropouts? Um...yeah, you got it. I'm sure all those guys have moved on to bigger and better things, too.

I like Bauman's comment- don't embarrass yourself or other CBC or MCC grads more than you already have.

I would rather be known as one of the finest academic institutions than win hockey titles with better school's dropouts.

CBC if fine academic school. It is not SLUH, but then again none of other MCC schools are.

I think everybody on this board needs to remember that the CBC grad Novelly has been helping bankroll SLU basketball for years. He has probably given more to SLU basketball over the years than anyone else (Chaifetz included).

Gary, please just tell people that you went to Logos from now on. It is a lot more believable.

CBC if fine academic school. It is not SLUH, but then again none of other MCC schools are.

I think everybody on this board needs to remember that the CBC grad Novelly has been helping bankroll SLU basketball for years. He has probably given more to SLU basketball over the years than anyone else (Chaifetz included).

Gary, please just tell people that you went to Logos from now on. It is a lot more believable.

Only on a St. Louis based website could people be debating the relative merits of all boys Catholic private schools. Every joke that's ever been made about this subject is 100 percent true. I once went out to dinner with my wife's family; her aunt asked me where I went to college. I replied "SLU", and she said "do you mean St. Louis U High?" I wanted to explain to her that life goes on after high school, but then I remembered I was in St. Louis.

Only on a St. Louis based website could people be debating the relative merits of all boys Catholic private schools. Every joke that's ever been made about this subject is 100 percent true. I once went out to dinner with my wife's family; her aunt asked me where I went to college. I replied "SLU", and she said "do you mean St. Louis U High?" I wanted to explain to her that life goes on after high school, but then I remembered I was in St. Louis.

True enough.

I'm sorry Majerus, I didn't have the luxury of attending public school like you did. Last time I checked this was a message board not a grammar class.

The seventeen pitchers are Santana, Sabathia, Carmona, Beckett, Bedard, Oswalt, Webb, Haren, Buehrle, Kazmir, Zambrano, Halladay, Sheets, Chris Young, Jake Peavey, Felix Hernandez, Hudson.

Skip never said I was right or wrong stating my opinion. I just wish I was as much of a homer as all of you are.

Until a majority of you get over this complex of mediocrity that you have. Maybe things would change for the better.

Slufan with the obvious addmittance of your perfrection and knowledge, It's a wonder you do not have a show or a column.

You're kidding with those pitchers right?

Hey MB73 Carpe DIEM! By the way if you look up hoosier in the dictionary you would see it reads anyone who uses the moniker MB73.

Can I use some of your material? Seriously, I am writing down some of your best and am going to impress people at cocktail parties.

Slaten. A fine graduate of the "prestigious" U of Missori Law School,

a little education never hurt anyone; but most of us know someone who has graduated byt never passed the law boards in a state to practice. It is a

pressure cooker situation; I don;t know KS situation but emotion rather than logic has always seemed his strong point.

he was always too loud for my listening tastes

big moment. i dont think i have ever agreed with gary before.

roy, it's great that you're on here defending Slaten. For as much as we've all had to read your tough love posts about not giving players any second chances or how you'd let your children stay in jail if they were ever arrested, I find it interesting that you're treating him like some kind of damsel in distress. Here are a few Slaten tidbits for you...

He was at one time a lead tv sports anchor in both St. Louis and Denver but couldn't stay in that line of work because of his behavior.

He did play by play for NBC, including NFL football, but couldn't keep the job because of his attitude and behavior.

As the public address announcer for the St. Louis Steamers he punched a player on an oppsing team.

He punched his wife and another woman at the Trainwreck Saloon on Manchester.

He punched a man and woman after a traffic incident in the Arena parking lot after a Blues game.

He hit a man with a purse in a bar on Washington Avenue.

This is the guy you're lionizing on here roy. You suppoert a guy who likes to beat up women. How about keeping your opinions about how players need to be disciplined to yourself?