Could you see this conference happening?

BLIKNS

Just throwing this out,to see where it lands.I enjoy the SLU-SIU rivalry,and wish we played them twice a year.The Salukis have a pretty good name nationally so is this possible....

SLU

Marquette

DePaul

Loyola

Xavier

Dayton

SIU

Butler

Now SIU has football,and VERY successfull,will they move to Div1,IF something like this were to happen,SIU would remain where they are for football,or go indy,do you see that happening?

Would MU and DePaul want to play in Carbondale?

Where will SIU-E land?I see them in the Summitt Conference.

Any thoughts?

Just throwing this out,to see where it lands.I enjoy the SLU-SIU rivalry,and wish we played them twice a year.The Salukis have a pretty good name nationally so is this possible....

SLU

Marquette

DePaul

Loyola

Xavier

Dayton

SIU

Butler

Now SIU has football,and VERY successfull,will they move to Div1,IF something like this were to happen,SIU would remain where they are for football,or go indy,do you see that happening?

Any thoughts?

What the heck, make it a even 10 by adding Creighton and Bradley. :rolleyes:

Are you sure SIU would want this being the only state school?

SLU

Marquette

DePaul

Loyola

Xavier

Dayton

SIU

Butler

Some quick thoughts.

I don't see Marquette leaving the Big East. They are having too much success. If they fall off, maybe. I don't see both Loyola and DePaul in the same conference. Loyola would probably jump at the chance but I doubt DePaul would. Not sure if SIU would want to leave the MVC, but who knows.

Any thoughts?

SLU

Marquette

DePaul

Loyola

Xavier

Dayton

SIU

Butler

No. If , as many have speculated, the BE breaks up by kicking out the non footballers. I could see

Any thoughts?

something like this:

EAST:

St. Joes

Providence

Georgetown

Villanova

Seton Hall

St. Johns

Fordham

WEST:

XU

DAYTON

SLU

CREIGHTON

NOTRE DAME

DEPAUL

MARQUETTE

14 TEAM ALL CATHOLIC SCHOOL CONFERENCE. Hope I didn't leave any EC big catholics out. BC of course staying in the ACC. BE doesn't owe an allegiance to ND because they are independent in football. If they were to join the BE for football because they become irrelevant and NBC cancels their contract, I could see them trying to join the Big 10 to give them a playoff game....then maybe Loyola or Detroit could get in with the west guys. This is a dream conference. I can't see where SIU would be a fit in with the private schools. Per chance the BE does come crashing down around itself, the presidents of the Catholic schools would be missing a major $$$$ opportunity if they didn't form this BB only super conference. Everything about it makes sense; geographical rivalries, lot less travel, major markets, interest from every Catholic in the country. Hell get the Pope to attend the conference tourney. Probably because it makes so much sense they'll never do it.

something like this:

EAST:

St. Joes

Providence

Georgetown

Villanova

Seton Hall

St. Johns

Fordham

WEST:

XU

DAYTON

SLU

CREIGHTON

NOTRE DAME

DEPAUL

MARQUETTE

14 TEAM ALL CATHOLIC SCHOOL CONFERENCE. Hope I didn't leave any EC big catholics out. BC of course staying in the ACC. BE doesn't owe an allegiance to ND because they are independent in football. If they were to join the BE for football because they become irrelevant and NBC cancels their contract, I could see them trying to join the Big 10 to give them a playoff game....then maybe Loyola or Detroit could get in with the west guys. This is a dream conference. I can't see where SIU would be a fit in with the private schools. Per chance the BE does come crashing down around itself, the presidents of the Catholic schools would be missing a major $$$$ opportunity if they didn't form this BB only super conference. Everything about it makes sense; geographical rivalries, lot less travel, major markets, interest from every Catholic in the country. Hell get the Pope to attend the conference tourney. Probably because it makes so much sense they'll never do it.

14 schools is just too big for any conference.

something like this:

EAST:

St. Joes

Providence

Georgetown

Villanova

Seton Hall

St. Johns

Fordham

WEST:

XU

DAYTON

SLU

CREIGHTON

NOTRE DAME

DEPAUL

MARQUETTE

Have all the games broadcast on EWTN. Practically every cable company carries it. :rolleyes:

14 schools is just too big for any conference.

That conference would be a dream come true- pretty much as strong as the Big East so no one really loses in this scenario. 14 might be too big, but if ND in fact wouldn't bite, than you could let Fordham be the odd man out on the east or there might be another one that wouldn't go for this setup.

I'd like an 8 or 10 team conference. To be a major player in D-1 it seems you can't have that small of a conference though.

Carbondale is a valley school. They will never go anywhere else. Maybe if they were to go D-1 in football they would join the MAC or something. I don't see them ever leaving that league.

something like this:

EAST:

St. Joes

Providence

Georgetown

Villanova

Seton Hall

St. Johns

Fordham

WEST:

XU

DAYTON

SLU

CREIGHTON

NOTRE DAME

DEPAUL

MARQUETTE

Take out Fordham and Notre Dame and you have the 12 team conference that has been thrown around for the past several years. (Fordham's facilities are totally inadequate and I think Notre Dame would be a pain in the butt. For some reason they think they are better than everyone else - even after their 3-9 football season)

A few years ago I thought this was a possibility. Not so sure what will happen to the Big East now. I just can't see them staying a 16 team conference forever.

huh they play most of their sports in the valley. The football league is called Gateway I believe. :rolleyes:

Timmy is talking about Carbondale High School. He's making the point that he doesn't like for people to refer to Southern Illinois University-Carbondale as "Carbondale." (Salukis fans are somewhat sensitive about outsiders' use of "Carbondale" anywhere in their name; they want to be THE Southern Illinois University -- no bloody Carbondale or "C" [an allusion to Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise].)

Timmy is talking about Carbondale High School. He's making the point that he doesn't like for people to refer to Southern Illinois University-Carbondale as "Carbondale." (Salukis fans are somewhat sensitive about outsiders' use of "Carbondale" anywhere in their name; they want to be THE Southern Illinois University -- no bloody Carbondale or "C" [an allusion to Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise].)

I should have known that. Doesn't everyone know that the real Southern Illinois is in Edwardsville? Carbondale will always be SIUC.