OT - SWIC/Harrellson

BIG BILL FAN

• 1 month later...

I just re-read the article and was very pleased to see the following tidbit about SWIC's head coach:

According to The Sporting News, Harrington, 59, is "considered one of the best JUCO leaders in the country." His resume includes his being the chairman for NJCAA Division I basketball for 12 years.

In 1995, as a member of the USA Basketball Committee, he met Rick Majerus, then the coach of the USA Under 21 team that was practicing in California for games in Australia.

"He's a great guy," Harrington said of Majerus, the first-year coach at St. Louis U. "I look forward to a good working relationship with him."

This could go a long way in getting guys like Harrellson to SLU.

Guest BillikenReport

This could go a long way in getting guys like Harrellson to SLU.

I think you'll see some potential SLU recruits who have go to JUCO end up at SWIC first.

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

Do you know of any players in particular or are you just speculating based on the relationship between Majerus and their coach?

Yes and yes.

If you look at one of the earlier posts in this thread, you'll see that I wrote about a kid Majerus apparently told SWIC about.

Also, don't forget that SWIC players would play against SLU guys in open gyms in the summer as well.

- Nate

Yes and yes.

If you look at one of the earlier posts in this thread, you'll see that I wrote about a kid Majerus apparently told SWIC about.

Also, don't forget that SWIC players would play against SLU guys in open gyms in the summer as well.

- Nate

Roy or Nate---Help re SWIC. Looking at the SWIC website it looks like they are undefeated this year. What with all the talk about JH and other potential SWIC players, I thought I would take atrip over there Wed. night or Sat afternoon to see a game.

My question is, "Is the gym hard to locate on campus or is it clearly marked?" I assume both of you have been there. Thanks in advance.

Roy or Nate---Help re SWIC. Looking at the SWIC website it looks like they are undefeated this year. What with all the talk about JH and other potential SWIC players, I thought I would take atrip over there Wed. night or Sat afternoon to see a game.

My question is, "Is the gym hard to locate on campus or is it clearly marked?" I assume both of you have been there. Thanks in advance.

I am not Roy or Nate but I think I can answer your question. The gym is located at the far west end of the main building. Parking is on the south side of the building. There is a long sidewalk that leads into the building and the gym is to the left once you get into the hallway.

Dave

Guest BillikenReport

Here is a map of the campus:

http://www.swic.edu/aboutus/maps/resources...Campus-View.pdf

The gym is in the middle of the campus.

The two SWIC kids who stand out right away are Harrellson and Devron Bostick (who SLU recruited but picked Minnesota).

They also have an intriguing 6-7 freshman forward from Alabama named Chris Hines.

They have a nice group of kids who play hard and play smart. They only have a couple D-1 prospects — Bostick, Harrellson and Hines — but they've got plenty of kids who are D-2 types.

Here is a map of the campus:

http://www.swic.edu/aboutus/maps/resources...Campus-View.pdf

The gym is in the middle of the campus.

The two SWIC kids who stand out right away are Harrellson and Devron Bostick (who SLU recruited but picked Minnesota).

They also have an intriguing 6-7 freshman forward from Alabama named Chris Hines.

They have a nice group of kids who play hard and play smart. They only have a couple D-1 prospects — Bostick, Harrellson and Hines — but they've got plenty of kids who are D-2 types.

parker is a borderline mid major player imo. he definitely could play at the likes of the lower tier horizon or ohio valley like d-1 schools like say a semo or evansville.

I think the kid from Wisconsin, Starken, is a kid Majerus told the SWIC coaches about.

- Nate

i was told by a heavy swic fan sunday that it was crean that sent starken to swic in appreciation for referring lawrence blackledge when stemler didnt work out for crean and blackledge has been a fine practice player for crean.

swic lost saturday at the buzzer on a teardrop prayer shot.

a good friend that follows the team told me that other than bostwick, harrelson is indeed their best player. however he was concerned that he only plays in short 3-6 minute terms at a time. but other than that, he definitely could hold his own at the billiken level in his opinion.

parker is a borderline mid major player imo. he definitely could play at the likes of the lower tier horizon or ohio valley like d-1 schools like say a semo or evansville.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/story/222923.html