Predictions

philliken

I was going to predict a real high score for SLU tonight (80s), but seeing as how it looks like most players will get minutes tonight, and it'll be their first test with a new offensive style - I'm going with SLU 74 - UMSL 56. I know it's only a 18 point margin, but I find that to be probably pretty accurate given the circumstances.

PS Steve, are we going to have the prediction grid this year? I liked seeing everyones guesses for the season. I understand thats a task though.

I was going to predict a real high score for SLU tonight (80s), but seeing as how it looks like most players will get minutes tonight, and it'll be their first test with a new offensive style - I'm going with SLU 74 - UMSL 56. I know it's only a 18 point margin, but I find that to be probably pretty accurate given the circumstances.

PS Steve, are we going to have the prediction grid this year? I liked seeing everyones guesses for the season. I understand thats a task though.

Got a friendly "goal" along w/ a buddy for SLU to win by 25 or 30 (can't remember which). If this goal is achieved, we go to the East Side® for roast beef and pound cake. I predict 86-59.

Anyone remember what the score was last year? Also, ladies by 24. 81-57.

Got a friendly "goal" along w/ a buddy for SLU to win by 25 or 30 (can't remember which). If this goal is achieved, we go to the East Side® for roast beef and pound cake. I predict 86-59.

The ladies scoring 81 would be a miracle.

The men will win by plenty, but the women will destroy UMSL. They won by a bunch last year and have a much better team now. Shimmy brings back almost everyone, except Tyler, and has recruited well. If Amanda K. is able to play a full year, they will have the inside presence they lacked in many of their losses last year.

I look for the women to finish much higher than the ninth place finish projected for them.

I really don't care how bad we beat them. A couple of you have mentioned it earlier and I agree that this is our chance to see what our big men will do this year. If we can't dominate UMSL in the post, we are going to have a long year ahead of us.... I am hoping that Bryce comes through and plays like I know he can. He should dominate the entire conference.

Will someone please inform me the type of injury that Bryce is fighting through.......

I really don't care how bad we beat them. A couple of you have mentioned it earlier and I agree that this is our chance to see what our big men will do this year. If we can't dominate UMSL in the post, we are going to have a long year ahead of us.... I am hoping that Bryce comes through and plays like I know he can. He should dominate the entire conference.

Will someone please inform me the type of injury that Bryce is fighting through.......

Bryce had a stress fracture and he has to learn to play with it giving him a little discomfort at times - see the Post article.

Now for a serious and objective view of tonight's game. RM wants the team to practice their defense so he will be more interested in them defending like he is trying to teach them - no pack defense but man to man - new system spells choppy. Offensively, who knows what to expect - RM is teaching them a new offensive scheme which is very different from what they ran before so once again, new system spells choppy. If they win big and score big then great but don't expect that. They should win and win by several points but it might not be the walk in the park some of you think. Give this team time to work through the changes.

UMSL has a point guard by the name of Paul Parodowski.. I believed he transfered from SEMO. He is the son of Bill Parodowski. Bill was the greatest 6-4 center in Billiken history. I believe he led the country in field goal % one year. He would only shoot 6 or 7 times a game but would make 5. He played with the great Harry Rodgers. Those teams would have made the tourney in todays expanded field.

I don't know much about the women...no prediction there. I think we'll struggle a little against UMSL. We win but by like 79-60. They do have Sky Frazier, and as V said, he had his moments at MSU.

If we "struggle" against UMSL i would think that Coach M will blow a gasket, particularly after playing tough against Memphis. They might stay close for 5-10 minutes if they come in psyched to play and we take the game for granted at the start but if this is not a blow out I will be amazed.

Don't sleep on Bryce this season.

I think he could be a poor man's Bill Wennington.

"

I hope peole have noticed the tone changing in Rick's comments about Bryce. He has gone from "he won't help us" to "he need to play through pain". I think Rickma's comments at Humps are looking more and more like him trying to send BH a message.

Guest BillikenReport

UMSL has a point guard by the name of Paul Parodowski.. I believed he transfered from SEMO. He is the son of Bill Parodowski.

I'm pretty sure that's not Paul's father.

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

If he's not his father he's his uncle.

Something like that, but I don't remember exactly.

If I can track that info down tonight, I'll let you know.

- Nate