Why no Femi mention on stltoday.com?

VTIME

I agree with V. It should be on there. I know u guys are just giving him grief, but in all seriousness, it should be posted. If the PD is going to maintain a portion of the website dedicated to SLU athletics and the University recieves a commitment from somebody, it should be posted on SLU's page. If Joe Blow logs on to STLToday once a week to see if anything new is happening with his alma mater, he would have no idea it happened. I personally know a few people who do this. The PD will recieve money from the advertisers due to Joe Blow's hit. To post a link would take somebody 2 minutes...tops.

I also agree with V on this one and I think he's been pretty reasonable lately. Not a huge deal, but also not a big deal for the PD to give it a little more coverage. The commitments from the out of town players seemed to get a lot more play than John, who is local. With all these commitments that are rolling in, maybe the PD is just worn out. :)

It's summer. People go on vacation. There's a vast amount of information that for one reason or another needs to be manually tagged to make it onto the site, and above that, onto the right place on the site.

(And despite the fascination we all have with the Internet, the financial realities are still roughly 20-to-1 in favor of the dead-tree edition. And it was in there.)

Does the top newspaper in the biggest city in the state have one little intern in charge of the entire website? I'm a web application developer...I do this for a living. If it is as hard as you say to get this on the internet, it's the PD's own fault.

Bottom line is they have a website that is dedicated soley to the happenings within SLU athletics. They profit evertime I hit the link of my computer. I'm making them $$, and I don't live within 300 miles of the city.

I realize the PD is under no obligation to me...a non-subscriber...to post this on the website. However, if the Post truly strives to be the best...and that would be a complete assumption on my part...a major story for the basketball program should be on there. With the technology available, coupled with the apparent interest in SLU athletics (TT's comment based on very high blog hits), there isn't much excuse for it not to be there.

Believe most of the good writers have long left the Post Dispatach, some good one remain but are overworked and have no help and the rest have been "on vacation" for quite some time now. What does anyone expect from a third-rate newspaper.