I sense

slu72

a bit of disappointment the last few days because we haven't followed up the Thompson verbal with one from Suggs, Griffey, K Mitchell, etc. I think it's time we all take a step back and a deep breath. You check the sites and not many places are signing kids left and right at this time. RM and PM will land their share of players. The fact that he put Femi John on hold is a good sign. They think they can bring in someone better. Under UB FJ was a plan A kid, he's now a plan B. In Majerus we must trust. I fear if a guy like him can't pull SLU out of mediocrity no one can.

I dont really think its dissapointment. We were just coming off a huge high in signing Majerus to a 6 year deal and was followed by an immediate committment from Thompson. I just think that we really dont have that much to talk about at the moment so of course we are going to focus on that. At least thats how feel

We have brought on board one of the premier coaches in college basektball who has given us instant credibility and exposure AND already received a verbal from one of the top semi-local players from the class of 2008. Not to mention we have brought players in for unofficial visits who wouldn't have even sniffed SLU a couple of months ago. What more could anyone possibly want at this point?

I haven't picked up on that. I think it's a little slow, but that's because it's the offseason. A few people went off on JB...I don't know where that came from...but things seem pretty good around here.

A statement like "I fear if a guy like him can't pull SLU out of mediocrity no one can." is a litte bit much at this point. Right now, things are about as good at SLU as they have ever been in my short career following the Bills.

Which is seems to be the case more often than not recently. I don't know what more we could have asked for right now. I don't think anybody is dissappointed right now.

But I will say this, everbody's expectations have raised drastically and rightfully so. When you start to throw money around like it has been on West Pine lately they should be raised.

I have been checking daily if not hourly for some recruiting news. I think we are all excited about the future of the program, like never before. When their is nothing new to talk about, maybe we are a little disappointed. I cannot wait for the start of practice in October. The 2008 recruiting class will work itself out. Does anyone think that are last five schlorships will all sign in November 2007?

I don't think we'll have 6 scholarships from the same class. That doesn't make sense. That's why I think a Fab 5 of '08 freshmen is more realistic with that 6th scholarship either going to a late signee this summer, a transfer or a juco player next year.

your lack of patience with all things billiken goes further than just soderberg.