john

for the record, femi john was the second best player on McCluer North's team, not the third. SLU would not be settling if he were to commit. If that is what you think, you need to get that thought of your head right now. He averaged close to 16 points a game and he enjoyed his share of huge performances during the year. His best game came in the quarterfinals against Webster Groves when he scored 25 points in an overtime victory. As it turned out, that was the state championship game right there at UMSL.

femi has excellent potential. He is still 16 years old and one year behind his graduating class. These are the type of players that slu has passed on for eons and paid a heavy price. Our last coach paid the ultimate price for such mistakes, his job.

Not only does he have size, athleticism and a lot of potential. He happens to be a WINNER! He helped his team take the cheese last year.

I heard he is also an straight A student. That doesn't such either.

After his two buddies committed to SIU, coaches from Mizzou, Illinois and Purdue were still showing up at McCluer North games. Since Torres and Anthony had already committed, there was only one other player to see. Who could that be?

bad boyz for life

Word, Cotton. That's the only game of his I've seen, the Webster Groves game, but he was THE MAN that game, Roundtree definitely deferred to him. Femi drained big shot after big shot and carried them to that victory. I forgot that he was so young; he could be 6'6" 220 by the time he would play for us if he continues to grow. He would be a great get, as someone said earlier, not even Duke gets 6 All-Americans a year.

I'd be thrilled if at some point next week we here that John would like to become a Billiken. I'm not sure what people are thinking that believe a non BCS school is going to fill 6 schollys with top 100 players especially considering the late start the current head coach got on this class. I hope this weekend's visit goes very well.

One person on the board compares him to Danny Brown and everyone goes apoplectic. John sounds to me more of an "if come" proposition but with 6 scholarships to give and Rick's track record developing players, I'm all for signing a young atheletic bundle of potential who also brings the GPA. If this kids grows some more, we'll have made out like bandits.

because john is an honor student, i took the danny brown comparison differently.

danny brown is a bundle of potential that is his own worst enemy with bone headed turnovers and defensive lapses. however as far as pure basketball skills danny brown is more than ok.

the fact femi john is an honor student, i dont see him doing the bad brown things and if you would fix the danny brown bads, that would be one nice player.

Roundtree and John are both excellent players but I doubt many have seen them play on separate teams as I have. Roundtree is a dominant personality and John defers to him every game, for the better of the team. In practice or in pickups John routinely outplays Roundtree. I'd love to have them both but John has the whole package, equal skills and talent to Roundtree, with a exemplary academic record, and he knows how to play a team game. Roundtree really has to be the star to excel.