Our non-conference schedule

>Are we going to the tourney in Alaska over the holidays?

The 2007 men's tournament (scheduled for November 20 through November 24) will feature Butler, Gonzaga, Liberty, Michigan, Texas Tech, Washington State, Western Kentucky, and host school Alaska Anchorage.

There is another lesser tourney up in Fairbanks, the Top of the World Classic. Here is the field: http://alaskananooks.cstv.com/sports/m-bas...ments-towc.html

Literally - University of Detroit Mercy.

Personally, I like playing other Jesuit schools in the region. If we played Loyola, Detroit, Creighton, etc. every year, I'd be fine with that. Heck, give us Rockhurst as a pre-season game.

...Great Googly-Moogly!

We shall play them,

and we shall whip upon them

with a lead-filled snowshoe.

And thus we shall be destined

to take the place of the mudshark

in their mythology.

Now excuse me whilst I go steal the margarine.

>Majerus wants to play in front of Mom. Is UWM too working

>class for him (he mentioned Wisconsin and Marquette, I

>think)?

Majerus once took his Utah team to play UWM on campus....tiny gym, before they played good ball and outgrew their facility and moved downtown. It was unheard of at the time.

He also still works the Cardinal Stritch college hoops camp every summer(including this year) and already has at least a haandful of charity outings he's already comitted to up there this summer, and will still attend.

Wouldn't put it past Rick to schedule a friend's small college team once every few years either.

Yes they will improve a lot. Pearl was looking to get out when his buzz was highest, and most of his top players were done when he left. Jeter had some for one season and did well in that season. Jeter started from scratch with a new system, drastically different from Pearl's system, and no players to work with, after the initial success. UWM just had 4 guys leave the team, and I know of some very good recruits for next year's class and others that will be going there in the future. Jeter is solid, worked with Bo Ryan a long time and also at Marquette. And a high quality person I might add. The program wasn't in a position to just keep it going, had to start over again....but UWM will be a solid team again soon. Recruiting is going well for Jeter at the moment. It's a very large school, but a mostly commuter school with some other parts of Wisconsin and Illinois thrown in...