A different idea

ACE

Considering we are way late in this process and there is going to be a committee now, unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be a coach soon. So given these less than ideal circumstances, IF THE RIGHT GUY IS NOT AVAILABLE, would it maybe make more sense to have Thorpe be the coach for the coming year. This way he can continue to pursue his recruiting leads. For being a good soldier, Thorpe would stay on the staff of the new coach. Then we would have the advantage of being able to evaluate more candidates next year. This would not be my first preferance, but I would rather do this than wind up with a bad choice out of desperation.

i agree and said the same in another post.

if nothing else, thorpe busts his a$$ trying to impress in his year long audition.

If Thorpe stays on in that role, it's just another example of Biondi making a hollow pledge regarding the basketball program. I don't think Thorpe fits the description of a coach that was in the University's online statement regarding the Soderberg firing.

If Thorpe stays on as head coach next season. I would seriously think about not renewing my tickets and Billiken Club donation. What would make us think he can recruit. No chance

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

that is a ridiculous idea. if the head coach - thorpe's boss - wasn't getting it done, what in god's name makes you think thorpe could. he seems like a great guy, but absolutely not ready to be head coach. additionally, with as awful as recruiting has been, he has to shoulder a bulk of the blame since he was the lead assistant.