Embarressment

Canadian

Nothing else to describe SLU basketball right now.

Ian V shouldn't be allowed on the court, he is a pathetic excuse for a center. Where is Kenny Brown when you need him?! I feel bad for Tommie, Kevin, and Luke out there giving it their all day in and day out, and you have to put up with the likes of Lazy I??? I mean seriously, what an embarressment.

When you can't muster a shot in the last 20 seconds. Wow. Wow. Wow. Great play call Brad. Great execution SLU.

Season's over until conference tourny time. If we make it, which is in SERIOUS doubt right now. What's the point in watching anymore?

>What's the point in watching anymore?

To see them beat Xavier in their own house next Wednesday...don't tell me we're going to lose...we've got 10 CREWers going to cheer on our boys. It was one point...granted, we shouldn't have been in that hole to begin with, but such is college basketball...it can be unpredictable.

You can rest soundly knowing that we're gonna beat GW on Saturday (since they're a good team and apparently we can always win those). Just being optimistic...sorry, is it too early for that in the day? :)

Bless you Prez for your statement of optimism. Life is full of adversity, and the true test of a person's character is how he or she responds to it. As Jimmy V. said, you should never, ever give up hope.

Let's go win one on national TV Thursday night. That would be a terrific morale booster and a nice reward for all the work our young players have put in. And it can only happen if the team puts the past behind it.

Future never take consolation from someone else's failure. If you're a failure, and not implying you are, it shouldn't give you comfort that the guy sitting next to you is a loser as well....in the end you both failed. A lot of us share Canadian's frustration. Many times last night we had a chance to put UH away. Only to see IV, DB, or JJ boot it, lose it, throw it away. The way we played last night is not the sign of a well coached or disciplined team. And while 13-8 is not embarassing, it is very disappointing. We're all hoping for redemption at the Hawk's nest.

Losing to St. Bonaventure and Duquesne qualifies as an embarassment. Those went beyond the realm of disappointment. We had legitimate hopes for an NCAA berth until then. The rest of the season since then has been disappointing.

Actually, I'm not sure JJ played in the second half, and he definitely didn't play in the last 10 minutes when we had so many turnovers. Don't forget KL had no field goals in the second half and TL was 2 for 5 from the line, including misses on two front end of 1 and 1's.

As much as we don't like it, they're kids, it happens. The positive is AK played much more than he had been and based on the broadcast, really did well. TL will make those FT's almost everytime and KL will rarely be held without a FG for a half. Unfortunately, it all happened last night. We are kind of snake bit right now, and the kids are going to have to find a way to win on the road.

i agree with brian. an embarrassment is not 13-8. sure we all thought the team was better. we expected obi to come through, a lot probably assumed knollmeyer would develop sooner, many probably assumed that maguire would contribute, who would have thought danny brown would not improve, we have now seen two different dwayne polk's as he has disappeared in january, lisch has been hurt for more games than healthy, and ian, that alone is just remarkable. no one could have forseen this ian after the one we saw last year.

disappointing yes. embarrassment no.

JJ got about a minute in the second half to replace IV due to foul trouble. He pulled down a rebound, got it stripped, and the guy put it back for a two. UB got out the hook, and AK replaced him. Even Earl was disgusted by the play...something like "Oh, JJ, that should just not happen."

>There is a difference 72 between frustration and

>embarrassment. 13-8 is not embarrassing. Our kids graduate

>and don't get arrested. They don't act like asses on the

>court.

>

>13-8 is disappointing, but it is far from embarrassing.

No one really cares how the players act when you're winning. Why do you think the Aaron Brooks punch wasnt that big of a deal. No one cares. They will only care if another play does something. Oregon is headed for the tourney and a banner year. They are getting back to the days when they had Fred Jones, Luke Ridnour, Luke Jackson, Robert Jones, and Chris Christofferson. Great teams. Programs take chances on kids. Everyone once in a while a program will let a kid go, like UNC did with JamesOn Curry, but Eddie Sutton and OK State didnt hesitate to pick him, because you need players and you take the risk with the character flaws.

We're a Catholic Jesuit school V. Do you know what that means? I would bet some money that Brad being Catholic, a family man, and having a super clean resume had a TON to do with his hiring...and retention. I don't expect you to understand that since...judging by your posts on this board...you "perspective" (to be nice) is significantly different than that of SLU. While it may not be news to ESPN, I can guarantee you the priests at SLU would be furious (btw, our president is a priest).