WHY ARE WE STILL ARGUING???????????????

Tonka

about this. Yes, I agree the students should and can find a way! Isn't that true with everything? Where there's a will, there's a way, right? I believe that about everything. Look, there are people who complain about their weight as they finish off a box of Krispy Kremes. There are people who say they want to quit smoking as they're finishing off their second pack of Marlboros for the day. The fact of the matter is, society as a whole (all ages included) don't like to be inconvenienced or do things that aren't real simple. I completely agree with everybody that it is a student's responsibility to find a way to the games. But, come on, let's quit sugar coating things and get back to reality here. If the perception on campus is that "the team isn't any good" or that games aren't even promoted, you all really believe some college kid is going to walk down to the Savvis in the winter weather when they can sit in their room with another student of the opposite sex and study anatomy? Come on now. Either you don't have a grasp on today's youth or didn't go to college. And then after walking or metrolinking to the game and find that you are one of a handful of students in a 2/3 empty arena filled with many people not your age. Come on. We may not like that things are the way they are, but that's the way they are! And, if things are going to change, than the University needs to do the small things. Marketing BB games should be a huge priority! But, even if you do that, if you do not also make it very convenient and easy for the students to go the games, it still won't happen. I hate that things are that way and I know you all do too, but that's reality. Let's not put the cart before the horse. First things first, we have to change the percpetion and make it accessible for the students. Maybe if we do that, students will go the game, see that it's a fun environment, see the team is good and go from there.

If the University was smart, they'd start marketing hard right now for the new arena. They need to put up signs all over campus counting down the days to when the arena will be built and make it gimmicky and tie it into the future! Keep counting down. I would also market huge to the metro St. Louis area. I would then NOT schedule some cupcake team for the first game of the year in the new arena. While winning may be important, a 40 point win will not be a great environment. I wouldn't schedule Duke, but I wouldn't schedule Savannah State either. Schedule a winnable game that is challenging. I would build it up so that it is a huge sellout and make it difficult for people to get tickets. I would then book some awesome half time entertainment to entertain the crowd. I would pass out Billiken rally towels to every person that entered the arena. I might even put a note on their thanking them for being fans and telling them to bring the rally towels to every darn game. I'd create a very hostile environment, but fun filled environment. I singlehandedly would go to every dorm and have a meeting with every fraternity and sorority and schedule some sort of huge tailgate / pep rally outside the arena before and up to the first game. I'd have a band out there with music jamming and the cheerleaders and a bon fire and the Billiken mascot, and bring back all the Billiken players and have them in a tent to greet people and offer pictures and autographs and maybe even have a halftime presentation with the greatest Billikens ever each lifting all the banners that are in the Savvis up to the rafters in the new arena. I'd have the mayor and governor there. I would make it so fun that all the students would want to go if no other reason than socially. I'd make the fans want to keep coming and bring their friends. I'd make it one of the hardest tickets in town. I'd sponsor something with the fraternities and sororities where it's a contest each game to show their fraternity and to see who has most school spirit and maybe have a plaque in the hallway of the arena stating who the winners were. I'd make it so there were only so many student seats that eventually students would have to wait in line each day before the game to try and get their tickets. There will only be ONE chance to have an opening day, first game thing - I would damn well spend the money and make it donw right. I would try and go overboard. Opening day could set the tone for the next 20-30 years! Come on SLU!

Is the University doing some sort of brick sale or stepping stone sale on the front plaza of the arena allowing people to put their names? That could raise capital! I also think there needs to be a Tonka banner in the arena!

Tonka is Too's alter ego. Based upon writing style, conviction, and average length of posts, I am convinced they are the same person. Plus, someone as obsessed as Too was couldn't stay away forever. Welcome back Too! I enjoy your new persona.

David, have you ever met this Too character? Hopefully you have, so you'll be able to distinguish between he and I. Has anyone ever met Too? If so, let me know and I will invite you over to my seats tomorrow to see for yourself. Maybe Skip can verify that I am not Too, since he is the only poster I know and talk to at games. I haven't read too many nice things about Too on this board, so that probably isn't the best compliment.

I hope Too talk Too you all soon or be able Too at least meet you. Maybe I could have fun being him though!

If you got past his style of writing with all the Too's then he did show some insight into the fact that he had some decent knowledge about college basketball. No question that he was very sarcastic and some of his posts were funny. I suppose the his Mother or perhaps the Home have taken away his computer privileges pretty much for this year.

Nark, I was just kidding. I am like you. I appreciate wit, sarcasm, good bashing, funny posts. I can assure you though, that I am not Too. I'm there's a way to find out. Maybe Steve can look at email addresses, IP addresses, etc. I'll tell you what though, if you find out I am Too, I will give you a $1000.00 cash.

I wish this Too would come back and post though, as I'm sure I'd appreciate his style.

Yeah, well, Triangle andToo is not a Billikens fan, so it's not likely that we'll be seeing him around here very often anymore. He's an Arizona fan, first and foremost, and then he's a Missouri Tigers fan. With the way Missouri has been going through the mud this year, he probably can't bear to read the Billiken board these days.

Tonka ... don't look to me to be your saving grace ... I know who you are ... but I don't know who Too is. Too be sure you are not Too, I would have to know who Too is.

Like Nark ... I also noticed the similarity in writing styles and had the same curiosity. I just didn't want to bring it up with you sitting too rows behind me ... you might just spill your beer toowards me.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Skip, you probably were wishing I would spill a beer on you today. The guy you brought to the game with you probably would have enjoyed a beer bath. Although, no beer drinking for me Tooday. I could have stuck my PowerBar in your hair and doused you with my bottled water had I really wanted Too.

- TonkaToo