OT - Klinsmann out as US Soccer coach

slufanskip

The two debacles this month pretty much sealed his fate.  Coming out in a 3-4-1-2 against Mexico didn't work from the start.  Bradley and Jones talked to Klinsmann about 10 minutes in and convinced him to switch to a 4-4-2.  Then the Costa Rico game was pathetic.  Say what you want, but the team quit. 

New coach, who knows.  The names thrown around are Arena, Vermes and Ramos, TrollPants, aka Titowhiisy all are out there.  I would like to see a little less favoritism to the German - American players.  Some have proven their worth, but some have not.   Having Green on the 2014 WC team rather than Donovan was inexcusable, and smacked of favoritism and putting egos above team.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The two debacles this month pretty much sealed his fate.  Coming out in a 3-4-1-2 against Mexico didn't work from the start.  Bradley and Jones talked to Klinsmann about 10 minutes in and convinced him to switch to a 4-4-2.  Then the Costa Rico game was pathetic.  Say what you want, but the team quit. 

New coach, who knows.  The names thrown around are Arena, Vermes and Ramos. I would like to see a little less favoritism to the German - American players.  Some have proven their worth, but some have not.   Having Green on the 2014 WC team rather than Donovan was inexcusable, and smacked of favoritism and putting egos above team.

Agree with everything you said.

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/world-soccer/article116037153.html

Interesting article yesterday in the Sac Bee. 

According to a club source with knowledge of the situation, Arena quietly signed a two-year contract extension with the Galaxy this fall. The deal does not include a clause allowing Arena to leave if the national team comes calling, although the Galaxy could choose to let him go.

Yet, contrary to published reports, there have been no formal conversations between the team and the U.S. Soccer Federation regarding Arena.

For starters, give me a coach who will use a more creative, possession-oriented midfielder to pair in the middle with Bradley. It could be Nagbe, Sacha, or maybe even Gideon some day, but Bradley and Jones are chaos together. We just cannot keep the ball with them. I actually thought the best Bradley has looked for the national team in years was a game he played alongside Nagbe. It always gave him an option to keep possession. Also, I want a coach who never calls up Wondo, Beckerman, or Orozco again. Jurgen's tactics, his constant tinkering, and the dichotomy of his unquestioned favorites and castoffs drove me nuts.

25 minutes ago, davidnark said:

For starters, give me a coach who will use a more creative, possession-oriented midfielder to pair in the middle with Bradley. It could be Nagbe, Sacha, or maybe even Gideon some day, but Bradley and Jones are chaos together. We just cannot keep the ball with them. I actually thought the best Bradley has looked for the national team in years was a game he played alongside Nagbe. It always gave him an option to keep possession. Also, I want a coach who never calls up Wondo, Beckerman, or Orozco again. Jurgen's tactics, his constant tinkering, and the dichotomy of his unquestioned favorites and castoffs drove me nuts.

This. 

I actually like Jones, but think it's time to move on from him. 

27 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I'd add Jones to the never again group. I just haven't ever cared for him. He can be doing well and then just lose control. I remember having discussions here regarding Bradley years ago with many who claimed he was an attacking mid. I'm not sure who we have to fill that role. Nagbe or Sacha? I'm sorry I don't see it. Some think Pulisic can be that guy, I'm undecided. It amazes me that we just can't seem to develop that true center mid that can distribute the ball forward.

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Maybe for the same reason that we did not hire Anthony Bonner as head coach here for basketball.

Not trying to argue, Clock, but that's not even close to an apples to apples comparison. McBride is revered both nationally and internationally. I bet Spike Lee himself couldn't pick AB out of a crowd.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

New coach, who knows.  The names thrown around are Arena, Vermes and Ramos, TrollPants, aka Titowhiisy all are out there.  I would like to see a little less favoritism to the German - American players.  Some have proven their worth, but some have not.   Having Green on the 2014 WC team rather than Donovan was inexcusable, and smacked of favoritism and putting egos above team.

Julian Green was picked to signal to other German Americans that if you pick America I will pick you to go to a WC.

Parting with Donovan was always going to be hard.

Donovan made it easy by going on sabbatical during qualifying.

Hi to slufan13..

35 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Not trying to argue, Clock, but that's not even close to an apples to apples comparison. McBride is revered both nationally and internationally. I bet Spike Lee himself couldn't pick AB out of a crowd.

McBride is revered internationally? You must be living in a different world than the rest of us.

Great players are not always great coaches. What is McBride's coaching background that would make his a great head coach?  

Are you just throwing out names of people associated with SLU soccer? Or are we looking for names who would make a good coach here?

Does anyone remember Bob Warming? How about we lure another proven head coach like him to SLU. He kept the talent we already had, he brought St Louis transfers home, he kept the best local highschoolers home, he recruited nationally too... and most importantly, he coached the kids up, they developed and got better the longer they were here and played unselfishly as a team.  Oh, and we made it to the Final Four.