Billikens vs SJU GDT

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hawk travels with the team. I've never understood why we allow him to just stand there and flap like an idiot. Why doesn't the Billiken mix it up a little and grab his arms?

It's been done though not by the Billiken. Frankly any bighead mascot would be at a disadvantage against the hawk

The thing is though, when a mascot looks so pathetic, it's probably best to just let it sit there drawing derision on itself. I swear that my grandmother had a couch cover made of the same material as the hawksuit......

The hawk travels with the team. I've never understood why we allow him to just stand there and flap like an idiot. Why doesn't the Billiken mix it up a little and grab his arms?

A mascot at one school (I think it might have been Rhode Island) a few years ago threw an innertube over the Hawk's wings, but he somehow managed to keep flapping and get out of the tube. I would guess that after all these years, people have given up on truing to keep the Hawk from flapping. He is unflappable. You'll notice that during the national anthem, he puts his right wing over his heart and continues flapping with the left.

A mascot at one school (I think it might have been Rhode Island) a few years ago threw an innertube over the Hawk's wings, but he somehow managed to keep flapping and get out of the tube. I would guess that after all these years, people have given up on truing to keep the Hawk from flapping. He is unflappable. You'll notice that during the national anthem, he puts his right wing over his heart and continues flapping with the left.

Has anyone tried a bullet? Or a baseball bat? Just kidding......kinda

This is correct. We're all setup to go at the FH. Let's get a crowd!

I'm actually game for this :) a little late and a little fazzled...but ill be there after soccer. :)

http://thedp.com/index.php/article/2011/01/st._josephs_mascot_wings_it

"Required to flap whenever wearing the suit, the new Hawk had to prepare for a 30-game schedule with roughly 3,500 flaps per contest."

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/temple-owls-fans-hold-funeral-for-st-joes-hawk-that-allegedly-never-dies/

This was pretty creative for a student section.