Suggs narrows list to seven

According to rivals, Suggs narrowed his list down to seven schools. I don't have access to it. Can anyone tell us if we are one of those seven schools?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I'd be shocked if we don't make his top 3 when all is said and done, just so he has a "fallback". I'm hoping that RM and PM shove it down his throat that he can be a local hero and still go to "dat league".

On topic - Any info would be greatly appreciated. I haven't heard anything.

This gets me thinking about a Majerus/Moser recruiting motto:

"RM and PM, they're there in the AM." (Coffee is for closers)

Here is a link to the article for those of you with a rivals subscription. I'm not going to post what the seven schools are because some other teams fans do visit the board and it is a premium article but SLU is not one of the seven.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=671529

After listing the seven schools Suggs did add this "The list isn't closed completely yet, but these are the seven schools that I really like."

Maybe SLU and Majerus can work their way back in but with the schools that he is listing and the fact that the other coaches have been building a relationship with him for a while I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Frank just reported that he has been on the phone with the Suggs family the other day and Mike Anderson was on the other line. He also said SLU is still in the mix and Scott is planning a visit in the next few weeks.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

If Suggs is so mad because of BS's firing why didn't he commit when he had a chance. Maybe his committment would have saved his job.

This is where RM as HC will pay-off big time. Simply put, if RM wants Suggs then he will be a Billiken. If not he will replace him with a player of equal or better talent.

I just said that when a friend's dad gets fired from a school, kids might tend to look at that school differently. Second, It isn't as easy as RM saying I want you and Scott Suggs is going to come running. My point about it taking a lot of work is he is being wooed by some big time programs and the list continues to grow. This isn't the same as Ahearn dying to play here and Brad not offering. Scott has other options including the two time defending national champions.

By the way Brad deserved to lose his job for his performance over the last 12 months. Not only recruiting, but also the poor job he did in coaching and preparing his team. This past season was the worst coaching job of Brad's tenure. Even with 20 wins, the team was just hard to watch way too many times.

The only thing I can think of is that Suggs likes the style Clemson plays. They play a full court pressing defense and push the ball every time they get the ball. Similar to what Anderson is trying to do at Mizzou. Not to sure if there is a connection with the coaching staff.

Not a chance. Hell, even Billy D. has to work hard to get everybody he wants...and he just won 2 national championships. Rick puts us in a position to get better recruits. And the chances of us landing #1 priorities is high. But this notion that he will just extend an offer to anybody and that kid will sign is crazy. We're still SLU.

Seems to have to be crazy on one side of the issue or the other. He was this way before the season about getting rid of Brad. There is no in between with the guy. It makes it hard to take him seriously even when he brings up a good point. Maybe he wants to be the Kevin Slaten of the board.

On another issue the overall number of people expecting us to become Duke overnight is starting to grow at a alarming rate.

hard to believe that hardball and i totally agree on something. well put hardball.

but I actually agree with Nashville and BrianSTL.

Hiring RM gives us a chip in the big game but there is still a lot of work to be done if we are going to be collecting any major pots both on the court and in recruiting. We haven't won anything yet people.

you honestly believe that if RM wants Suggs he will be a Billiken?

You believe RM is THAT GOOD that he is assured to outrecruit BCS schools that have been on him longer and didn't fire his friend's dad?

After the DU and SBU game we have been in agreement on a lot of stuff. I just thought that Brad was here for one more year at least and was not going to make myself miserable over it so I was hoping for the best. I was in a lot of cases defending him because he was our guy and was going to be our guy for another year. I defended him longer than I probably should have. He was easy to defend because he was always a good guy away from the court.

no i agree with hardball that if suggs was truly that much of a friend with kramer and the soderberg's that slu wouldnt have been put on the back burner at best prior to soderberg's firing.

the insinuation that hardball responded to was that suggs was such a great friend he would now not come to slu because of the soderberg firing. i agree that works both ways. and if suggs truly was that great of a friend, he would have had slu more front and center whenever he talked about his options. you forget, nate assured us that suggs had told him that he was NOT coming to slu.

Sugg's has to do what is best for Scott Suggs and not the Soderbergs, no matter how good a freind Kramer is. Second off, he and his family always talked highly of Brad and SLU. Third, Nate never assured anyone that Suggs wasn't coming to SLU. Lastly, I never said that Suggs wasn't considering SLU because of Brad getting fired, I just suggested that he might look differently at them at first because his friends father was fired.

>you forget, nate assured us that suggs had told

>him that he was NOT coming to slu.

Roy, that is a lie. The archives go back a year or two, please track down the post where he said this.

My comment was based on the confidence I have in Rick's recruiting ability. I am convinced that if he misses on Suggs he will replace him with one of equal talent. This is something BS never could do. If BS missed out on his Plan A he immediately dropped to his Plan D.

Roy are you trying to say it is Suggs fault that Brad got fired? I know what Hardball's point was, he wrongly thought I was trying to say they shouldn't have fired Brad because it is costing us Suggs. You seem to being saying that Scott was not a good enough friend by not committing to SLU or talking SLU up enough. If that is what you are trying to say that is pretty screwed up. It isn't the responsibility of the 17-year-old friend of the coach's son or his family to save the friend's father's job. He is a seventeen-year-old kid and for anyone to assign him that kind of blame or responsibility is pretty sick.