Grandy not in lineup

Indeed! could of been one of our other 12 players. lol GG if your reading this.

Look at the big man with poor grammar anonymously talking sheyat about an injured player who has been part of the best 3-year-run in program history.

Grandy's twitter outbust was ill advised, but he was sticking up for his teammates who were getting on, and as a senior he's well within his rights to speak out for the team.

If it makes you uncomfortable that players are reading your/our immature diatribe, GOOD. Billikens.com isn't your effing diary.

There's basketball analysis/criticism and then there's just mean spirited sheyat talking from @sshol3s. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't put your name on or say to someone's face.

As I have said before, the shoulder separation issue, once it reaches a certain point, is only correctable by surgery. Unless Glaze opts for that procedure,this will likely be his norm for the year. Not good for the kid's sake. A medical redshirt is certainly possible and warranted but I don't know what that might mean interms of one future,final year. Maybe he graduates and does that fifth year somewhere as a grad student in a program not offered by SLU. Like Creek did at Gee Dubya or that Vandy kid at Xavier a few years back. I don't see Glaze as a fixture moving forward.

Manning appears to be next.

Look at the big man with poor grammar anonymously talking sheyat about an injured player who has been part of the best 3-year-run in program history.

Grandy's twitter outbust was ill advised, but he was sticking up for his teammates who were getting ###### on, and as a senior he's well within his rights to speak out for the team.

If it makes you uncomfortable that players are reading your/our immature diatribe, GOOD. Billikens.com isn't your effing diary.

There's basketball analysis/criticism and then there's just mean spirited sheyat talking from @sshol3s. Don't say anything here that you wouldn't put your name on or say to someone's face.

Jeez Mrs. Glaze chill out. miss the lol big man?

Jeez Mrs. Glaze chill out. miss the lol big man?

Grandy may never play for SLU again. He was going to have a significant role on this team (which is short on rebounders).

It was just a factually inaccurate, unfunny, grammatically poor comment.

If Glaze is out for an extended period of time, this presents an opening for Yarbrough who had 5 boards in 12 minutes last night.

Glaze has had 3 years and has not become a significantly better player. I hope his injury is nothing serious, but I don't want to see a medical redshirt if it is.

Agreed there.

Grandy's value is as a high energy defender/rebounder and team leader on a relatively young team.

He can gut it out in a limited role for this team or sit out and play somewhere else next year. If he can play - even a minimal role, I think he'll gut it out.

Remember his first year of eligibility was burned for 29 minutes spread over 9 games.

Agree with Taj. The issue of shoulder dislocations is complex. The shoulder joint is not very strong with the humerus held to the articular surface by the muscles and ligaments of the shoulder. Each time the shoulder dislocates, the muscles and ligaments holding the joint together grow laxer or weaker and less able to do their job. It eventually comes to a point that relatively little effort is required to produce a new dislocation. Grandy may be at this point or close to it. I really and truly think he is a great person/player with a great level of commitment to the team. This may have led him to continue playing over time with a partially healed injury which will only resulted in a gradual deterioration of the shoulder and what he can do with it. I am extremely sorry about this, both for him and for the team. He will be missed. And I hope I am wrong about this but fear I am not.

I'm just wondering if this injury (and Grandy ultimately being out of the lineup) is actually a blessing in disguise kind of deal. Now I'm not bagging on Grandy, he definitely makes our team better when he is in playing defense and providing leadership. However, I think most of us already presumed that the chances of making the NCAA tourney this season were a longshot. Not saying it can't be done, but it's a longshot.

But perhaps providing more playing time to the guys who will be in the program for four more years is actually beneficial in the longterm. Next season is definitely going to be a strong one. 2 experienced senior guards, 3 juniors with lots of experience, and 6 sophomores. Crews needs to get the freshmen as much experience as possible this season so that they can be prepared for the tourney run next year. So I believe that Grandy being out of the lineup is better for the longterm, but that is only based on the assumption that his contributions alone would not be sufficient to make us a legitimate tourney team (if that makes any sense....)

I think GG has a role on this team. Right now he's one of our only options to possibly put up some points on the inside. JM, whether he was being avoided last night or plainly out of it, appears not to be the answer at this juncture. The two FR bigs will be outmuscled more often than not. TL seems to prefer playing outside. RA, while we see it on occassion, is still a WIP. MY still learning but indications are he can be a DE type... in a year or two. I hope GG makes a quick recovery and the injury doesn't bother his game too much. He can provide a valuable 10-15 mpg this year. Let's not sell experience too short.