5 Questions

I posted on the board prior to moving down to Texas and working for a company with a very strict Internet usage policy and I did a 5 questions a couple of Fridays. Well here is this weeks 5 questions:

1. Who or what has been the most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment for the Billikens thus far thru the season?

2. There will be a lot of pro prospects on the court tonight, who is the best college basketball player you have seen live?

3. What is your prediction for tonight and what is your overall prediction for this team this year?

4. There are rumored to be upwards of 25 recruits attending tonights game, many of which will be sitting directly behind the Billiken bench, if you could have just one recruit (regardless of class) who would it be?

5. Since tonight could be special if we pull the upset, what is the most memorable Billiken game you have seen on our home court?

6. Channel 5 sports anchor Katie Felts...would ya?

>I posted on the board prior to moving down to Texas and

>working for a company with a very strict Internet usage

>policy and I did a 5 questions a couple of Fridays. Well

>here is this weeks 5 questions:

>

>1. Who or what has been the most pleasant surprise and

>biggest disappointment for the Billikens thus far thru the

>season?

>2. There will be a lot of pro prospects on the court

>tonight, who is the best college basketball player you have

>seen live?

>3. What is your prediction for tonight and what is your

>overall prediction for this team this year?

>4. There are rumored to be upwards of 25 recruits attending

>tonights game, many of which will be sitting directly behind

>the Billiken bench, if you could have just one recruit

>(regardless of class) who would it be?

>5. Since tonight could be special if we pull the upset,

>what is the most memorable Billiken game you have seen on

>our home court?

>6. Channel 5 sports anchor Katie Felts...would ya?

1.)Surprise: Polk, Disappointment: Danny Brown

2.)Three-way tie: Penny Hardaway, Kenyon Martin, and Adam Morrison.

3.)We win 74-71.

4.)Scott Suggs

5.)Louisville

Good to have ya back, Greece:

1. Pleasant surprise would be Luke Meyer. Would love to see that kid play some tough nose, smashmouth basketball tonight. Biggest disappointment would obviously have to be the play from our bench, especially JJ and Bryce. My whole body shudders when they come in.

2. Toby Bailey, UCLA

3. SLU by 3, 63-60; 25-5, NCAA Sweet 16

4. Someone who would make an immediate impact on our team and/or someone who can fill Ian's size 20's

5. Monday's game was great, since I was in the company of some great friends and SLU fans, but the 2003 Louisville game was an ESPN Instant Classic, and still is.

6. No. Unless it was actually on the KSDK Sports Desk. You know, the actual physical desk.

1.IV's lack of consistency to date has been disappointing. He's starting to play more aggressive lately, so maybe this will be corrected. Equally disappointing, the bench play of JJ and DB. We cannot win w/o an effective bench. Surprise: LM and DP combo.

2. David Thompson NC State

3. SLU by one....somehow....someway....a W

4. Not really sure...but he's got to be an impact like guy. Similar to KL and TL.

5. UL ranked 2 at the time, and always good to stick it to Slick Ricky.

6, No opinion, never seen the woman.

1.surprise: polk dissapointment: Ians scoring

2.Steve Logan (as a college player) but Dwayne Wade as a basketball player

3. Bills 68-63 we finish the season 25-4 elite eight

4. Whoever starts a chain reaction

5. also louiseville

1. Surprise: Meyer. (Polk is playing the way I had always hoped he would) Disappointment: Danny Brown

2. Hmmm...Larry Hughes, Penny Hardaway, Danny Manning, Sekeue Barentine, I guess Dwayne Wade, although he never looked too good with Fish defending him.

3. I have no idea - my predictions are usually wrong. I'll have to go back and find my pre-season predictions from this year

4. Suggs

5. Louisville in 03. KU in 98 was a good one too.

6. Probably not. I really don't like her.

1. Who or what has been the most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment for the Billikens thus far thru the season?

pleasant surprise - dwayne polk disappointment - obi ikeakor two years and still not in shape.

2. There will be a lot of pro prospects on the court tonight, who is the best college basketball player you have seen live?

tie between larry hughes and penny hardaway thanks to josh fisher we never saw the same dwayne wade the rest of the world saw pre-nba.

3. What is your prediction for tonight and what is your overall prediction for this team this year?

billikens 78-75 i will say now 26-10 and a second round ncaa loss.

4. There are rumored to be upwards of 25 recruits attending tonights game, many of which will be sitting directly behind the Billiken bench, if you could have just one recruit (regardless of class) who would it be?

all i keep hearing is suggs brings em all, so give me the suggs kid.

5. Since tonight could be special if we pull the upset, what is the most memorable Billiken game you have seen on our home court?

tie between the marque perry louisville game and the nit game vs depaul that got us to the semi's in new york back in the bonner day.

she is a total idiot. i could never get by that.

1. Pleasant surprise would have to be the fact that we are finding ways to win games and disappointment would have to be the "legitimate" power forwards.

2. Larry Hughes

3. I gotta go with my heart and say Billikens by 2 and 23-7.

4. Scott Suggs (getting him could go a long way in getting a kid like Griffey in my opinion)

5. 2003 win against #2 Louisville

6. No

1) I'm the first to admit that I thought DP was going to prove to be a liability. I couldn't be more impressed with his play this year. We are a better team with him on the floor. Dissapointment without a doubt has to be the lack of impact by our newcomers. That is very troubling and I hope it changes as we move into A-10 play.

2) Anferne Hardaway in his University of Memphis days

3) UNC 74 - SLU 64. SLU goes 11 - 5 in the A-10 and wins the conference tournament to make the NCAA with a record of 24-8

4) Kramer Soderberg. If we can't land him, the appocalypse is here!

5) SIU vs. SLU at the old barn in 1993. Highmark, Clags and the crews coming out party. They had to take the seat covers off the upper deck ends to allow for the walk up crowd. That game began the unbelieveable 2 year run of the Spoonball era. Completely unexpected and we destroyed the Salukis to boot.

6) You betcha! Maybe I could dig up some dirt on Rene Knot and get him canned at the same time.

willie remind me to ask you sometime to recant your oscar experience. oscar was my basketball idol growing up, but his college days were before my time. i'd love to hear about your personal sighting.

In response to Roy's comment, my age is showing but the Big O was the best of the best I have ever seen in college ball. When he needed to take over a game he was in a world by himself. His focus, determination, and understanding of the game were "off the charts." My memories of him were that he was very, very good to absolutely great in EVERY phase of the game - particulary his bb I.Q.

i have no problem with that statement. i am not sure i agree as jordan was really really good, but i wouldnt fight that nomination.

>

>5) SIU vs. SLU at the old barn in 1993. Highmark, Clags and

>the crews coming out party. They had to take the seat

>covers off the upper deck ends to allow for the walk up

>crowd. That game began the unbelieveable 2 year run of the

>Spoonball era. Completely unexpected and we destroyed the

>Salukis to boot.

>

On Sunday, Sports Plus did a top 10 college bball games in St. Louis list. That SLU-SIU game was one of them. It sounded so loud in there. Hopefully it'll be like that tonight.

Biggest suprise was the fact that the Soutwest game could have gone the other way if not for the fact that the Sprinfield TV crew was there. Biggest disappointment.....Obie

2. There will be a lot of pro prospects on the court tonight, who is the best college basketball player you have seen live? D Wade / Adam Morrison

Bill's win on a Lisch 3. NCAA 2nd round defeat

Tyler Griffey

Louisville upset

With enough liquor anything is possible but probably not

1. Polk and his aggresiveness. Billiken fans will be proud to say he was a four year starter.

2. Clarence Gilbert. Great career overall, a game that stands out was the 40pts 9asts zero TO's in a triple OT victory over Iowa State which featured several future NBA players including Jamaal Tinsley, Paul Shirley, Martin Rancik, Marcus Fizer, Jackson Vroman, and good supporting players like Cantrail Horton, Jake Sullivan, and Shane Power who later transferred to Mississippi State.

3. Prediction Bills 61 UNC 60

4. Tyler Griffey

5. SLU vs Harris-Stowe, Dec 8, 2006. It was funny to tease all of our ineligible big guys. I bet SLU would top 100 pts and I lost. Some guys I didnt recognize stopped me and said they knew me from the internet. If you're reading, sorry, I'm not great with faces.

6. I'll take April Simpson of Channel 2 over your pick anyday of the week.

>2. Clarence Gilbert. Great career overall, a game that

>stands out was the 40pts 9asts zero TO's in a triple OT

>victory over Iowa State which featured several future NBA

>players including Jamaal Tinsley, Paul Shirley, Martin

>Rancik, Marcus Fizer, Jackson Vroman, and good supporting

>players like Cantrail Horton, Jake Sullivan, and Shane Power

>who later transferred to Mississippi State.

Are you kidding? Clarence Gilbert is the best college player you've ever seen? You need to get to a few more college basketball games.

just curious for you and anyone else that lists wade, he never scored double figures vs the billikens and was actually not even an average player in our games. when did you see him in person that would induce you to put him as your answer to the question of the best player you saw live? i agree he has blown up to be an amazing player now, the question was you saw live while in college.