UB

slufanskip

Since so many are in disagreement on Brad lets give him a ranking in a few categories. I'm curious as to where the ABC and the Kool-Aid crew would rank him so far. Rank all categories 1-10

1. Game day Coaching

2. Pre game planning

3. Player Development

4. Recruiting

5. Being a program ambassador

6. Integrity

My rankings ...

1. 7

2. 7.5

3. 6

4. 6.5

5. 5

6. 9

Overall 7

I added integrity to the mix and changed my overall from 6.5 to 7

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just my opinion. I am a UB supporter. I don't think he is perfect in fact I have said I am not happy with not getting a committment from a top player. I have criticized him numerous times. Just my posts don't reek of criticism and I defend him from the over the top negative posts. Such as the incoming freshman are all flops type posts.

Those rankings coincide with what I have always said about UB.

Speaking of going out on a limb ... you didn't give your opinion.

I am ... but it seems I spend more time arguing against the over the top negative tone of so many on this board, that what I usually say gets overlooked ... or I don't present my opinion as well as I should.

I don't think that is negative. I would consider

1-2 unnacceptable

3-4 below average

5-6 average

7 above average

8-9 outstanding

10 perfect

I actually find him above average. I think if you add integrity to the mix which I should have ... I would have given him a 7 possibly 7.5

I think he has done some good things, especially with some of the limitations you have at SLU and lack of a really strong basketball tradition.

Good post skip.

My rankings are:

1. Game day coaching--6

2. Pregame Planning--6

3. Player Development--8

4. Recruiting--7

5. Ambassador--8

6. Integrity--9

Reasons for ratings:

Game day coaching--I don't like the shortened bench especially now with a more uptempo team. Also too hard for younger players to get real game development.

Pregame Planning--Seems as though there are always a couple games where the team comes out flat or where other coach has better gameplan each year. Also road game struggles have been the norm. Gets credit here for changing offensive strategy to more uptempo to fit talent on hand and hopefully coming in.

Player Development--I think is one of his stronger points, looking at what IV did last year and TL has done so far this year. Also players like Fisher and Sloan in the past.

Recruiting--I don't like waiting till Spring to always fill out the classes, but I think that is a reality for SLU. Does a solid job recruiting St Louis area, hopefully with new asst coach and some wins this year will be able to expand our recruiting territory.

Ambassador--I think his passion for SLU and for the program come out whenever I hear him.

Integrity--Should be obvious to most people who follow program.

Average 7.33.

I guess that's a c. If five years ago his class project was to develop a winning hoops program, but do it in a politically correct manner he's a c student. High marks for not embarrasing the school but 60-61 ain't winning. I'd just as soon wait to grade him after this season. I'd like the guys who gave him 7's on recruiting and player development to give us some examples other than the usual KL and TL story. Player development? IV wasn't his alone to develop, thank you Mr. Greek national coach. Also, out of the juniors who made strides their sophomore year? Now we may be seeing LM come on, and if TL's shooting continues, I could be swayed here. By the way that Riverfront Times story above was enlightening.

1. 7

2. 6

3. 6

4. 3

5. 6

6. 8

1. His actual coaching in the games is pretty good but I've certainly had questions about late game management over the years (i.e not fouling when up 3) and our lack of an inbounds play that ever creates scoring opportunities

2. I really wish our lineup and game pace wouldn't be determined based on our opposition but rather we would dictate it. Too many times its stuff like BH can't play against this team because they are quick but he starts against this team because they are tall. the best players should play.

3. Mixed bag. Thrilled with Tommie's shot improvement but disapointed at DP's lack of shot improvement. Ian's development has been strong but JJ's hasn't.

4. I've said enough over the years on this subject.

5. I wish he was more involved in the community and even on monday night he commented that his job wasn't to pack the arena but to win games. Now addmittedly, those two things go hand in hand but a little more concern on how he can pack the arena and bring excitement to the program would likely lead to better recruits down the road.

6. He will never publically embarass the University.

that didnt give a ten for integrity, please describe the coach that would be a 10 in that category for me. an example would be great.

I gave him a 7 on recruiting. Most of this is based on the fact he has been able to land most of the best kids in the St Louis metro area the last few years. Meyer & Polk, TL & KL, and Maguire & Knollmeyer from the last 3 classes. I am hoping this trend continues w/ Powell this year and a whole group of players for the '08 class.

On player development, Fisher and Sloan certainly improved. I think we can also say Bryant certainly became a more complete player(better defense) under Brad as well.

I didn't say it shouldn't be on a scale that i didn't create. Usually a 10 is a perfect score. You find me the person with perfect integrity.

I have no clue who is a 9 and i won't speculate. How can any of us hazard a guess regarding a person's integrity when we aren't privy to that person's private life (not yet at least, but i'm sure the Republicans will continue to work on that one)?