According to Coach, IV will get a shot

Bob Ramsey interviewed Brad Soderberg on KFNS during the three o' clock hour, and Brad discussed his decision to go with the seven-player rotation over the last two games. Brad said he wants to play players who provide defense. It's not that he has anything against the players who aren't playing, but they're inexperienced and the team experiences a drop-off in defense when they're in the game. I guess once they're up to speed and that drop-off is no longer present, they'll play. Also, I get the sense that it's not a hard seven-player cap. If there were nine players that provided top-notch defense with no drop-off, then nine players would play.

Brad said he's uncertain about changing the rotation to play Ian Vouyoukas, but he believes Ian has the ability to provide play on both ends of the court at a level of the seven guys who've played the last two games. If there's a dropoff offensively or defensively, then he won't continue to be part of the rotation, but for now, when Tom Frericks comes out tomorrow, it will be Ian going in.

That's good to hear. I'll be attending the game tomorrow (only the second game I've been able to go to all year) and I was hoping I would get to see Ian and what he can do. I'm not expecting any miracles from a freshman big man, but it would be nice if he could give Tom some rest and help keep him fresh for the game. Plus if he's as good of a passer as Brad claims he is, that can make our offense that much better.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Thanks for the report thicks. I hope Ian can play up to Brad's standards on defense as it should help the team to have another large body to put the court (in the case of Ian one who actually has an offensive game around the basket ... for the last 10 games, Tom was it).

I should be there. I have some business to take care of this morning, and hopefully I'll be able to make it. I sit in section 120 if you're interested in stopping by.

Are you going to be able to make it to the fraternity anniversary in March? Should be a lot of fun.

I don't know if I will be able to make it to the 20th anniversary or not I may be in White Sands Missile Range New Mexico sucking sand, again. I would really really rather be drinking Bud-Lites with you guys.

that is totally false. my mom-in-law has very little kitchen skills so that isnt possible. now the lovely anita is taking me on a 20th anniversary cruise in march (yeah, missing the cusa tourney for that) that may cause a few pounds to appear. i just dont understand why anita doesnt want to do the annual basketball trip in honor of the anniversary. it was good enough the last 10 years?

Hey Roy,

I think that we discussed this already, but I will be surprised if you and Anita don't really enjoy cruising. We have become addicted and are trying to figure a way to do two next year. May of the ships do have sports bars, but I don't know if they would carry the CUSA Tourney. We went on a New Year's cruise and watched OU beat FSU in the football BCS National Championship game.

By the way, I might be wrong but I think jjray was talking about Husak at 270 and not IV...correct me if I am wrong jjray. If Byrce becomes a Nick Smith clone then I will be very happy.

ian is easily 270 and i wonder if he lbs he has added arent more cheeseburgers and fries rather than pure muscle! he didnt particularly look good today, but it was nice to see him get his feet wet and he didnt hurt us much.

the reason the game was close was that frericks and izik looked more like the beginning of the season inside guys today vs what they were the last two games. to be fair though, kstate's inside guys were extremely athletic and the refs let them get away with the over the back stuff. if we could have hit a few more 3's early on, kstate might have junked that zone and played us straight up. the game would have been different. instead we got into a shooting match. i doubt that is what brad wanted.