Vitale at it already

Billiken Law

I used to be able to stomach Dukie V. Not any more. He is pathetic. Anything ND or Duke does is great and Snyder because of his Duke connection will be found innocent. Wrap up the investigation Vitale already announced it no money, no academic fraud. How does he know? Well, he asked Quin of course.

If I remember correctly, Vitale interviewed Harrick while the NCAA investigated UGA and asked him if he or his son did anything illegal. Apparently Vitale considered Harrick to be a very good friend of his, and Harrick vehemently denied any wrongdoing. Vitale took his word for it and not long after UGA declared themselves ineligible for postseason play.

With Vitale, his kissing up to some schools (notably Duke, his daughters went to Notre Dame so I can understand that more) does get old, but I do love his love and enthusiasm for college basketball. He does add something that I consider positive to the game with that enthusiasm.

Listen a bit more carefully to Vitale. He is simply a shill for all coaches. That's his deal. If Dave Bliss ever got a new job, Vitale would shoot his mouth of about his tremendous re-birth as a coch and how he is a role model to the players for his ability to overcome all that has befallen him, the game is better with him coaching, etc, etc, etc.

It is a bit unusual as I cannot think of any other announcer in any sport that is so blatently pro-coach.

I lost interest in Vitale long ago and when I watched the game with a bunch of MU fans last night we all concluded that he has lost it in terms of credibility and fan appeal.

But the man is a genius. He is not super bright. He is not particularly likable. Yet he has kissed enough --- to last a lifetime. He drools over the coaches and the players in the big programs. He heaps praise on all who come into his little kingdom. In turn, all of those involved praise Dickie V. This is a never ending spiral of self adulation. the coaches love it because they can use it in recruiting. DV loves it beacuse it makes him famous, gets him big dollar gigs and he becomes king.

He almost never makes anything resembling an astute comment about the game of basketball. Compare him to Doug Collins or Doc Rivers. They know the game as players and coaches and they really analyze the game. Dicky V. is nothing more than a self promotional jerk. But you have to give him his due in terms of his success.

You think you got STRESS at your job bunky? I think coaches love DV, so do their wives and kids. I can think of 3 jobs no one can pay me enough to do: cop, mortician and coach. I asked Pete Newells players from his '59 NCAA winning team why he quit coaching in his prime (early 40's)? They said he lived on coffee and ciggies during the season. Smart decision, he is healthy as I am at age 88 today.

i was lmao last night at the end of the game right after the jimmy mac 3 and their was the timeout. the refs began to review the tape to get the clock right and dukie v wrongly stated that "everyone knows the clock doesnt stop until the refs acknowledge the timeout called". i thought to myself, "my gosh, the supposed greatest analyst on college basketball doesnt know the clock stops on a made shot in the last minute of the game."

after the third showing of the slow mo of the shot with the clock, dukey v said after apparently someone informed him in his headset of the rules why they were going to set the clock back. sad sad sad. but ironically there were a lot of casual fans watching last night that probably lapped the whole event up and missed that particular stupid statement as well as others he makes all night and think he is a genius.

Not a creature stirring in the other posters house but you and I still here checking for news.

I think Vitale is ok for the casual basketball fan but if you are a big time college b ball fan and you watch every game you get sick of him. Too much pro ND and DUKE. I like Coach K he was a Field Artillery Officer in the Army just like me. I think that means I should be the next coach of SLU. I don't have to know the game that well just get me a good staff and I could wing it.

well a good staff or just a lot of money to buy the best players money can buy. but you are right, you dont have to be a good coach. that has been proven.

just killing time till the kids go to sleep to finish getting out everything for tomorrow morning or trust me, i would be in bed as well.

He interviewed his friend and took his word for it. His statement on KFNS was "I may be naive but there is no way that Snyder, Harvey, or Odom gave any of these kids money........"

Well apparently he is naive. He was naive in Harrick's case, and you do not find him dissing big programs, becuase he is paid to build the big programs up , hype the games etc....his network does influence his, opinions, because his paycheck is directly tied to ratings BABY!!!!

I agree with you on the passion issue, but I think he owes it to fans of Stanford, Gonzaga, Illinois to be truthful.....His professed belief is simply unbelievable. If he wants to give quin the benefit of the doubt, fine say, I do not think he did, but I wait for the NCAA to finish their investigation.