p diddy

From the looks of it we appear set except for PF. I would be much happier with at least another PF to vie for playing time with JJ or maybe even start ahead of him. That appears to be the only place we are somwhat thin. Of course if Izik muscles up and can support the bigs a little we might not have that glaring need.

If Soderberg was serious about using Liddell a little at the point you could potentially have a line-up at times of

Liddell 6'5

Bryant 6'2

Izak 6'9

JJ 6'8

Ian 6'11

Now that would create match-up problems!

Long gone would be the days of a 3-guard offense with a 6'2 small forward like Drejaj.

I really like what Coach Soderberg has done in the brief time that he has been at the helm. We have the opportunity to really turn the corner, and hopefully get on a run like my next favorite Jesuit team, the Zags.

jj, i was being sarcastic towards our board overseer that loves to tell us how much better marquette is than slu. i put the little ;-) there to tip that off.

imo, next year we will be without an experienced (junior/senior) point guard, that is a true, quick, strong point guard and not a combo PG. I think it is rare that a high school point guard can (Diener at Marquette being an exception) come in and make a good team into a very good team. If SLU is fortunate to sign Polk, Meyer, Liddel and Shaw, then I don't see how that experienced PG gets on board.

3star, my wanting another "experienced" point guard next season is influenced by the makeup of the next year's Billiken roster.

Is it fair to assume that this years Cincy and Louisville rosters will be more talented than next year's SLU roster, thus their need for an experienced PG this season may not be as great?