Bottom Line

davidnark

Directional School or not, SMS has as much or more talent than SLU this year. We don't have one player on our roster who is too good to play for SMS.

Frericks is our only true big man with post talent, and he can't seem to figure out how to avoid getting stupid fouls. Reggie is our only player who can shoot with consistency from outside. Varner can't shoot, rebound, dribble, or jump. Drejaj seems like he is shooting one for a couple hundred this season.

This was my first time seeing Ahearn play, but IMHO we could sure use a player whose range extends well beyond the three point arc and is money from the line.

The good news is that it appears that better talent is on the way. Of course, we still need to sign a good power forward.

I agree with the Ahearn comment ... and it appears it wasn't just one game in which he was fired up. From what I saw he looked good and he can shoot ... He reminded me a bit of Claggett ... just back up and shoot.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

no way ahearn is claggs. claggett could get a shot off with anyone on him. ahearn made good on his open opportunities. but he did nothing to get open last nite. all his shots were ones that josh, anthony or sloan left him to go chase a loose ball or help on defense. the better comparison is diener only blake is willing to shoot when the opening is there.

While I have to defer to those that have seen Blake play, but several have posted that he is a spot up shooter in the vein of the Diener's. Now I did see all of Clag's Billiken career and he wasn't a spot up shooter as he could get his own shot off the dribble.

For a couple seasons now Fisher has taken very very long threes once a or twice every game. I have no idea why as he is not that good of a shooter and none of them are with the shot clock going down. It is just consistent with him making poor decisions, as he has done throughout his career.

I only meant by his ability to take a step back and hit with incredible range ... with that said Clag was a shooter only ... he came off a lot of picks to shoot. He did have the ability to fake a step forward and back step and shoot.

In no way did I ntend to say Ahearn was as good as Clag. ... that is why I said a bit like Claggett... just that one instance when he took a step back and let it fly reminded me of Erwin

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Would you please list the poor decisions that Fisher makes and he has made throughout his career. For a guy who will probably end up 1 or 2 in all time assists at Saint Louis. I have listened to every game on the radio this year and have seen a couple of games on Tv and from what the announcers are saying on the radio and tv Fisher is not the problem. If you wanna blame him because he took some long threes go ahead but I don't really agree with you and your negative comments about the decisions that fisher makes. I actully think fisher should be more selfish than he is. Fisher is a good shooter and the only guy on the team right now that can even hit a free throw. 14 offensive rebounds for sms where are the bigs. I think fisher has been the most solid all around player this year and may not be hitting all his shots but who else is? Not in love with Fisher or anything but out of all the guys on the team you wanna complain about.#1 in conference in free throws, #1 in assists on team, #1 in steals on team, second in scoring, so he took a couple of bad shot according to you, big deal I see other players on the team go one on one out of the offense all the time. He is a senior and has been at slu for 5 years now and has never been in any trouble has always worked hard and been a team player.He has put in his dues and has earned those shots. He always plays good d and trys to get everyone involved in the game. So fisher keep shooting and driving to the hole stopping the clock and getting to the line.Your a solid player and will only get better and stronger as the year progresses. Don't listen to the people on the board that cant even back up their comments with some information.

Take it easy I am just evaluating him.

Prior to last season Fisher consistently threw away passes and made ballhandling errors. He improved markedly in that area, but he still makes some bad judgements most notbaly on his outside shooting. Fisher should not be shooting from NBA range unless the shotclock is at one. Yet he does this without fail every game.

Fisher is an extremely solid player who has made numerous improvements in his game which have impressed me a great deal. If anything because he always seems so composed and in control especially the last 1 1/2 seasons his occasional poor judgement calls become even more perplexing. I love fish but I am not trying to put hi down by expecting a little more out of him.

Haven't been able to post in a while...but... in high school Blake Ahearn was a very good individual player, but never made his teammates better. ...something I always noticed, ...and frankly always bothered me. ...especially for a DeSmet kid. He is a very good shooter, excellent free throw shooter, and more importantly always finds a way to get to the line. If he starts making those around him better, then he would be a good recruit lost.

I don't think the Diener comparison is apt. Blake looked like he was shooting darts. He's money at the line. He let the game come to him, and stuck knives in us when he had the chance. Regardless of what DC might become, look at what Blake is now. We've heard a lot of what a defensive liability he was, but it didn't show up in the final score. Imagine him playing with us and being on the floor with Reggie and Fish, and replacing Drejaj or Varner. There'd be no double teams, ever - no opponent could afford it. I was keeping an open mind until this game, but it's clear to me that Blake'd be helping us now, and DC isn't. Still, there's 3 more years to go, and I try to keep an open mind, so we'll be revisiting this subject again, I suspect.