The OFFICIAL Missouri hatred poll

Asuming that Aldens situation doesn't result in Missouri not hiring Anderson from UAB, How many Billikens.com posters are willing to give Missou another chance......

1) I'll always hate MU due to their horrific fans and the utter classless of the inept and corrupt organization.

2) I thought (till charter-plane-gate) that Quinn would make it harder to hate the tigers but now see 1 above.

3) Anderson is a class act but will need to strip away layer after layer of corruption, ineptness, pomposity to make the Missouri program as a whole a class act. Ultimately he will fail and be consumed.

4) Anderson is a class act but will need to strip away layer after layer of corruption, ineptness, pomposity to make the Missouri program as a whole a class act. Ultimately he will succeed after a few short decades and Missouri will reclaim it's past glory.....

5) Quin is gone, I'm (back perhaps) on the Missouri bandwagon.

It is hard for me to vote on this one, just b/c I used to be a die hard fan of both schools, particularly in the early - mid '90s. However, with QS selling his soul to the devil to achieve success and the fans seemingly getting worse by the day, I left MU fandom and have since never returned. That being said, if Anderson (who may not even be the coach anymore after today) can succeed and put a quality product on the floor, in the right manner, then there is a reason to go back and watch. Now then, I have no doubt that his intentions are good, but I dont think that he knows what he is getting himself into up there.

Above and beyond all that I am going to say:

6. Anderson will be the coach and run a clean program and bring it up slightly, but ultimately will leave b/c of politics and finding a better gig. (this is a mix b/t choices 3 & 5)

None of the above....

And, to anser immediate above post...if Anderson became Mizzou coach...and let's say did well....where exactly is he gooing to go? Maybe a lateral move, and Arkansas type....but he isn'tgoing to exactly due much better than a big power conference....middle of pacck team with possibilty for better.....etc....he isn't going to be HC at a UK, UNC, KU, Duke, UCLA type school.....so....where "better" is he going to go??? I realize Mizzou isn't doing well right now....but if it gets cleaned up and better...etc...it is a solid job....so where "better" is Anderson going to get.....? Lateral sure.

Look, my only point was that UK hasn't done anything for a couple of years by their standards. You know how the fan base there gets restless. More of the same for 2 or 3 years and Tubby could be gone. All Im saying is that if a school like that or someone else gets rid of their coach, and Anderson does well, then he very well could step in. At this point in time i just feel that the MU job is a stepping stone. Someone will come in and clean it up fairly well, have mild success and then move on to bigger and better things. Also, I would say that 2/3 of the programs in the BE are upgrades over the MU job. Thats all. If you disagree thats fine.

I agree about the Big East. Seton Hall for example would not beone....but as I said many of them would definitely be a step up...no question....

As for UK....they would look at people like Billy Donovan, Rick Pitino...etc....big time people first...to see if they would come....and likely they would get a more established big time coach to come in there at this point. Anderson even if he had a couple of good years wouldn't make that list. Maybe 5-10 years from now if he ahs great run at Mizzou. Then he could get into the mix.

What I think you don't understand is....a LOT of well established coaches would come running for UK job if it opened today. This isn't the Eddie Sutton time anymmore.....They would go after and get a big time coach....maybe some would not leave their well established programs...but they would get somebody to do it.

UK is top 5 job in America.

Personally I like Tubby. I think he has been undervalued. He just needs more guys who can finish, and they are fine.

Right now I agree that a good number of BE schools are better jobs than MU, but if he gets it turned around then IMO there would be about 10 vertical moves. Those however would only be verticle if the coach is retiring and not steping down for other reasons.

That is assuming he gets it turned around and back to being a national player again without scandal, otherwise moving up is not happen either.

If I remember right Duke was not a great team before coach K, I am not saying Anderson is as good a coach as him, but if you can turn around a school, you can be more at that school than by changing.

While I would not expect another NCAA school to steal him, the NBA might. Only NC challengers at great schools would not consider the NBA to be a verticle move

1 I will always hate SPUMAC

I just don't hate their coach anymore. He is a good coach, and they will do better with him. I didn't want them to hire him for that reason. If they hired Huggy I could've still hated him but they probably would have won and been dirty still.

We need to make a splash next year and establish ourselves before Anderson starts winning. Therefore, we won't be out in the cold in recruiting battles.

Is Anderson more likely to play v. SLU because of his time in CUSA?

Bdick is in the lead. Mizzou hasn't even hired the coach and people on here are already talking about where the coach is going next. Unbelievable. As someone who is a fan of both the Bills and the Tigers, I hope all you haters enjoyed the bashing while you could. I'm confindent Anderson will make Mizzou a top 25 program again and then the likes of Bdick and Roy will have to find someone else to whine about.

5 - I'm happy to see change, and will be a fan again until stuff goes down that I can't stand. Vs SLU, of course, they come 2nd. I've actually rooted for IL the last 3 bragging rights games; now I'm back to rooting for MU.

nothing could exceed the myopic petty turf battles that consume the Mizzou administration and their egotistical donors.

What other administration would hold an emergency meeting the day they will name the new basketball coach, informing and forcing the state media to give blanket coverage to an attempt to fire a very good AD? Wow, what a concept!

Alden has not created this mess, and then was not allowed to remove Mizzou's good name from the Quinn morass when he and Deaton sought to do such. No one wanted to piss Laurie off, so in the end egg was splattered everywhere, all in an effort to placate a HUGE donor rather than do the right thing.

When yo have to dance to the devil's calling, it makes your job impossible. Laurie's dislike of Norm, his love for Snyder, his blindness to reality, and his ego is a bad recipe for Mizzou.