Coaching issues and what if's

Mike Davis leaves IU...

Steve Alford leaves Iowa for IU...

Does Soderberg, with his Iowa roots (Loras), get an offer in Iowa City?

Does Iowa go after the Doctor again (Dr. Tom Davis of Drake)???

If Soderberg goes....

Then do we go after Mike Davis? YES

Do we go after Mighty Quinn??? NO

Davis would be a perfect fit for SLU.

That is unless we offer it to HUGGY.

thoughts?

Far to much speculation here for right now. I am more concerned about what is happening with our young team tonight.

Out of all the things on your list that seem to be sure things is that Mike Davis' days at IU seem to be numbered. I suppose that was never a marriage made in heaven, but he will land on his feet somewhere as I think he is a good coach.

UB's built no track record to warrant a Big 10 offer in my opinion. Any AD looking at him would assess him on:

1.) Recruiting skills

2.) NCAA appearances and success

3.) Style of ball played

UB's an upstanding guy with no black marks against him, eg Huggins or Q types, but neither does he have a resume that has AD's drooling over him. He's not that hot a commodity right now.

Look at Zo's hire at UW, he was third choice behind the then high riding Q and Few of Zaga. UW hired Zo because of his ties to UW, success at UCLA recruiting, and probably thought he got the most out of the least at SLU. But if he hadn't been a UW grad he'd still be here.

I think Zo got the message on recruiting wc kids. It wasn't happening. We probably would have got KL, TL, and the Dentmon kid that he bought to UW from Carbondale. I think eventually Zo would have made SLU a winner, and this coming from a guy who knocks him repeatedly for leaving us in such bad shape. As to IV or IO or AD or RB or TF who knows? RB probably because the Villanova kid from St. Louis recommended us not just a coach. Hate to bring this up but didn't Zo want Ahern, and It was UB who nixed it? Of course after he made us a winner, he would have been gone.

That is the conventional wisdom: Alford from Iowa to Indiana; McDermott from UNI to Iowa. Many expect Davis to be gone from Indiana, one way or the other. Of course, this is all educated speculation at this point.

By the way, posters on the Duquesne board mention bringing in Huggins. One guy even advocated hiring Quin Snyder for Duquesne.

Huggins is eventually going to land somewhere. I could see Snyder going into broadcasting for at least a while.

rich, fyi, justin dentmon is VERY good. i agree with you literally, but probably not to the extent you are inferring simply because dentmon is a stud. so are kevin and tommie, but dont downplay dentmon.

In my opinion only Dentmon was the only one who you could say got the best of Lisch in high school. Kevin could not stop him, but the same could be said for Dentmon guarding Lisch. Dentmon is a very good player as is Kevin. A program would be thrilled to have either on their team. The sectional game in 2003 where Kevin had 37 as a sophomore and Dentmon had 35 I think was the best high school game I have ever seen. Both were unbelievable.

ESPN has broke news that Davis will resign at the end of the season. Let the coaching carousel begin! I still think Iowa might make a push to get Lowry from SIU. He's got a lot to think about-- his 5-year-old son has severe cerebral palsy and although he's getting treatment in St. Louis, Iowa City has one of, if not the best, children's hospitals in the country. They'd take care of him up in HawkeyeLand. I bet they make a pitch to Lowry.