We Lost This Game

TheA_Bomb

GW didn't win this game we just lost it. The lack of FT shooting and the unforced turn overs killed us. If we hit just one more FT in regulation we beat a ranked team from our Conference on the road. So so close yet again. Polk hits one three no points from Johnson but Brown and Lisch were the high points of this game.

I hate to say it because I want instant gratification but this team will be really good......next year.

This game had nothing to do with the officials if anything they made more calls for SLU. We lost because of TOs and FT shooting.

I posted that before Brad said it on the post game show. The first thing he said was almost verbatim what I wrote. GW didn't win we lost and he is frustrated with our performance.

It seemed to me that it was just our inexperience that lost this game. We have the ball with 22 secs on the clock in a tie game and we don't even get a shot. No question free throw shooting and TO's were a HUGE factor in tonight's loss. Excellent game by Danny Brown and he has put two good games back to back. We need to get Ian going against UMASS as we do need to win that home game.

It is so frustrating as we are right there, but god that type of game has happened to us so often this year and last, it's unbelievable.

Somebody please tell Frank to shut up. "Brad Soderberg looking for his first win of the season over a Top 20 team!" Just shut up.

Drejaj wasn't ready to play tonight. He needs some more time to get up to speed. Slow and for once had trouble on Defense. DB was great, Kevin was good, Tommie did it all, Ian and Pops just neutralized each other.

We should have won this game.

>

>Somebody please tell Frank to shut up. "Brad Soderberg

>looking for his first win of the season over a Top 20 team!"

>Just shut up.

>

[image]http://www.kfns.com/vdVirtual/Programs/Program-2-73.gif[/image]

Just shut your freakin' mouth

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. Just trying to add some levity

to the moment. Actually, I'm a big fan of Cooz.

I couldn't see the calls only listen via internet. Nark is right about GW they are not that good. Yes the A-10 boarders give us guff about our lack of respect for the returning A-10 Champs but we played badly and nearly won the game. Can GW keep winning? They gave us some different defensive looks, I'm not sure how well they executed it and I can't tell how they execute their offense. It seems their offense is one guy drive and try to get Pops to tip it in if they miss. UMASS beat St. Joes by 10 (I think) gotta' get ready for that.

On the announcers. I have come to the conclusion I don't like Ramsey anymore. His perpensity to call "Ball Game" if someone hits a 3 for the lead w/ under 10 minutes left against SLU he calls it. I can't describe how frustrated that makes me. He also usually uses the line "this is the worst officiated game I've seen" on a weekly basis. He also says "Boy oh Boy" over and over if the opponent goes on a run or SLU turns over the ball. That plus his previous season comments I'm getting sick of him, especially when we lose. I like Earl though. Maybe he should just describe the action and leave the commentating to Earl. Not to mention the stupid "Honeybadger" nickname he gave Lisch does he that is going to catch on? Sounds a little too homoerotic for me.

When you shoot 5 - 15 from the free throw line and lose in overtime you have no further to look than that stat! If the Billiken players simply make one more free throw in regulation ..... all of the pain, frustration and second guessing disappear!

btw, going into the GWU game , SLU was second in the A-10 in free throw shooting at 73%!

5 - 15 ......... it hurts, really hurts!!!!

The refs may have missed those calls, but it's still not why we lost. On the goaltending no-call, we got the ball back and made a 3 (Polk, I believe) 5 or 10 seconds later, so we were actually better off not getting the call. On the Tommie travel call, he might not have traveled, but the shot he through up went straight into the hands of a GW player, so if they don't call it, GW has the ball anyway. I'm not sold that it should have been a foul called. Tommie should have just tried to back it out if he didn't have full control of his body.

I'm normally right there with you criticizing the refs if they influence the outcome unfairly, but I just can't pin this loss on the zebras.

>I like Frank, but as an announcer, he's not the best.<

Sometimes it's difficult for a PBP man to transcend

on TV because the action is right in front of you.

Whereas a radio guy has to be more "descriptive".

Not everyone can be Brent Musburger. Of course you

have the opposite end of the spectrum w/ Billy Packer

who absolutely grates on my last nerve. I digress though.

Overall, I think Bills fans are fortunate to have

the announcers we do. It doesn't get much better than

Earl or Joe W. Those are solid basketball people, for

lack of a better description.

Even when we hit those free throws and build a lead, we always seem to allow our opponent to get back in the game. I suspect that even if we had hit another couple free throws we still would have found a way to lose. I also suspect that next year things will be very different.

if the players make one more free throw in regulation....SLU wins 55-54.

in tough/tight games (GWU were 13 pts favorite) on the road, it comes down to some player, or players, making key plays down the stretch ....

tonight it didn't happen.....against the Bonnies it did! (KL's late 3 and IV's two free throws)

i agree, better days are ahead.....

It will be interesting to see any let downs coming up. It is a learning experience year. Not having a good class until this year's frosh is showing up. SLU is playing for the conference tournament and NIT. Anybody seems to have a shot in the conference tourney, so hopefully after losing the close games, the team will stay the course. With that said, the constant games in the 50's is pretty painful to watch for another year.

I agree. The officiating was pretty good. Tommie did river dance move backing out without dribblig. I didn't see any serious contact to knock him back. He should gone up with it tat the end of regulation instead of dishinfg to Danny for a three pointer. Danny was nails tonight but A three compared to a two footer for the win?