UMKC vs. MU tonight....

TheGoat

Should be interesting to see who comes out on top here. UMKC has two guys averaging over 20 ppg so far and a solid stable of guards. Personally, I would love to see MU choke on this one and the ship continue to sink, but methinks Q will have quite a bit of fire into his players for this one, as he knows that a loss there means utter disaster to the fan base.

BLaw - he took the job and then backed out. If you think he backed out of the job because of some health problem and now he is fine you are are being rather naive. He has done this more than once in the past and somehow he always comes up with some mysterious health issue that somehow mysteriously gets better the next time around. He loves living in Southern Cal and loves living his stress free life - good for him but people should realize that his susposed interest in any job is just an ego stroke for him.

It was health and a mutual decision by RM and SC. I can't think of other jobs he's backed out on because of health. Wisconsin he backed out on because of the loyalty Utah had shown him in his year off (heart attack and time off because of his mother's health during the 2000-01 season). He wanted the ND but they refused because he commented that he didn't think cheating on a test was a big deal (and that he did it in college). The job he really wanted was North Carolina and he had it when they hired Doherty but Smith vetoed (AD's choice was Majerus)it as he forced them to hire "family."

I don't think many will mind, but I took the liberty to get rid of the little cyber war between phan and roy. I have removed other people's comments too, but they were in relation to that little war.

I don't mind some Mizzou talk on here, but let's keep the 12 year old stuff off the board. PMs are a great tool.

Why would SC want to let him out of a contract he signed - they did it because he said he did not or could not coach. I am sorry but I can not remember all the times RM has either been talked to or indicated some mild interest in a coaching job. Lets just say that I am suspicious of his name being mentioned. By the way Slaten would not like him because his son was supposedly being recruited by him at Utah but apparently did not offer the schollie as Slaten was sure he was.

In no order....of the above posts...it never ceases to amaze me how often Kevin Slaten gets time on this board. Wow.

I would have to concur about Majerus...he wanted the ND job, had it, then ND said no, becuase of his comments. His reasons for backing out of the USC job were a combination of health and other things with the AD, not just health. He does travel a lot for analyst and studio work, but he bought a condo in downtown Milwaukee this past year to be close to family, and that is where he lives. ...if he isn't working...wouldn't surprise me one bit if he showed up for the SLU/UWM game and popped in...he is a gym rat, always taking in practices and games.

As for Miklasz...as I have said before, a friend of mine, but he admittedly doesn't follow college or high school sports closely enough to get that kind of info from him...pro sports yes, college, absolutely not.