Anyone else excited about AZ??!!

SLURadioBoy

I know everyone is kinda down on our Bills after their poor performance against West Virginia, but I'm still very excited about the Arizona game and feel we can win! Of course, maybe I'm just excited because it'll be my first game back as an alum, but I still have a good feeling about this one! Brad will have his boys ready and we'll put up much more a fight than we did last year against these guys. Come on everyone, like I said during the whole game against Louisville last year...YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

The only reason I'm excited about this game is because I finally get to see the Bills on TV. I am not looking foward to the final score and think it may get embarrassing. I've told a lot of people around here about the game and will probably be watching it with a number of SEC fans. If we get spanked, I will have to put up with a lot of crap....and that is something I am NOT looking foward to. I hate being so pessimistic, but I don't have a lot of confidence right now....

Come on Nashville, you know anything can happen at home. If Chaminade can beat #1 U. VA. with Ralph Sampson, I have confidence in the Bills at that rocking Savis pit. Of course if you have ever seen how games are officiated in the Hawaiian Islands and the other distractions the visiting teams have to deal with in paradise, maybe that is not a good comparison.

I don't think SLU is the type of school that could compete regularly in the SEC or Pac 10 or Big 10 or 12, but I don't know how to have more fun than root for an upset by your alma mater. Have faith.

Arizona is coming off a loss to Fla. and plays #9 Texas and Marquette in the next few days after the Bills game. They could easily be overconfident and looking past our Billikens. This will be their first game without Fox who was a dominant force on the boards. If we play good defense, rebound ferociously on the defensive end--they have leapers that jump over people for offensive rebounds--and hit a decent % from 3 point land and the free throw line then we have a chance. I would never pick a win if I was thinking about it in a cold calculating manner but my heart tells me we can win this game. Remember the games against Cinn., Louisville, Kansas and others over the past few years. Go Bills!

It can happen. Looking at the tape I made of the WV game, (i have watch upto the 42-40 point) I get the sense we were kinds flat to start, got homered on some heavy contact no call decisions, yet WV got the call on similar plays. Moreover, the defense played well, wv was amazingly patient. I do not think they played that bad, and Fish is becoming a solid team leader 90% from the line......RB will help us but needed sometime to get his feet wet, but I liked his move to the hoop!!!

I haven't seen AZ play this year, but I think it's safe to assume that we're going to have to play much better to hang around with these guys. That said, I think we will gravitate our game to play with the big boys, like we seem to do at least 2-3 times each year. I know we'll hang with them, and then you never know what can happen at the end. All I know is I'm looking forward to screaming my lungs out to relieve some of that end of the semester stress :-).

StlCardinal, I'll be screaming my lungs out right beside you...cold or no cold! I just hope the Savvis is packed and we can have an atmosphere as exciting as last year's Louisville game. The thoughts of the last moments of that game still give me chills. That was quite possibly the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to...and I've been to a lot of them!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I have a Class Saturday (b/c of Hurricane Isabel, and one of the make up days is Saturday from 10-11:30 EASTERN)

I JUST realised this, (now do I leave a 175 person lecture halfway through, oh god this is hard)

Steve

>I have a Class Saturday (b/c of Hurricane Isabel, and one of

>the make up days is Saturday from 10-11:30 EASTERN)

>

>I JUST realised this, (now do I leave a 175 person lecture

>halfway through, oh god this is hard)

>

>Steve

Is your class from 10 to 11:30 or from 10 to 1:30? If it's the former, you should have no problem, because the class will end and the game won't be on for another 90 minutes. I can't imagine it would be the latter, because a three-and-a-half-hour class would be sooooo long.

You're so used to subtracting an hour from Eastern Time, but now you have to add an hour to Central Time, so we'll let you slide on this one. You'll be watching the SLU-Arizona game after class AND lunch with a clear conscience.

C'mon Steve, that's a no brainer!!! Watch the Billikens on ESPN2 or sit through a lecture class in which the teacher will never even notice your gone. You have to watch the game so you can talk smack to all these kids in your dorm who are disrespecting the Billikens. I trust you will make the right decision....