Taking a break from this board...

I've met a lot of nice people because of this board, but I'll be staying away from here for a while unless I can give you guys any news as it pertains to the Billikens.

I didn't want to make a post like this but I think the recent changes to the board have made this place much less enjoyable to be a part of. Lately the only times I've posted here are when I feel the need to correct one specific poster's "facts" -- and it's just a waste of time to get through all of the b.s. posts to read the worthwhile ones from other board contributors.

I feel bad that some of the people who frequent this board will actually believe some of the nonsense that one poster has been spewing on here. This board was much better a couple months ago, and this community was fun to be involved with.

Anyone who wants to get in touch with me please feel free to e-mail me (natelatsch(at)aol.com). I really enjoy reading some of the thoughts on this board. I hope to see some of you around town. Take care.

- Nate

but I understand completely where you are coming from in your comments. I suspect that this board will continue the deterioration that started this summer and next year we will be bombarded with hundreds of posts from a single poster who will cause more and more people to follow your way and just leave. It is a shame but as soon as I saw the accusation that the SLU administration was behind the spraying of despicable words at Harris Stowe, I knew we had a poster who was an egomaniac who has not interest in the Billikens--he is just like people we have all known over the years-- he likes to run his mouth. In this case the "freedom of speech" on the internet lets this person do whatever he wants and make whatever accusation he wants without fear of consequences. I will give it a little more time but I would guess that I will follow you out shortly.

I agree, I think many of us are posting less. I already find myself reading and posting less. I would prefer to have alot less posts to read and respond to than have the board dominated by a bunch of nonsense.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

You realize this will only encourage him.

Really it is not that big of a deal. Every board has people like this. I hate to see people leave this board though. If this keeps up banning will be the only option. I hate seeing people be banned but if a great poster like Nate is leaving it may be that time.

Steve I am curious you said we would be moving to a new server soon, I can only assume a new script. An ignore feature would solve this problem in a heartbeat.

that it has come to this. The cancer isnt even a fan, he just cares about Vashon and high school players. Nate is really one of our top 10 posters, and I have realized that him and P Diddy (another top 10 poster) are constantly arguing with/correcting $#%#@#. I wouldnt be surprised if P Diddy is the next to go. It is not worth losing our most intelligent, informed posters for one bad egg.

I miss the days of Roy, Skip, and others keeping the board going with guys like Nate posting occasionally with big news or when asked a question. There would be meaningful conversations everyday, (Not: Should we retire Larry Hughes' jersey?)

Maybe he should become like Trangle and Too, when someone only posts once every month, most will read, even if it is off-color. But I dont see that happening in this situation.

I am not the most active member of this board, but I think I have gained some respect as a poster over the last year. I am 100% sure I am not the only who thinks....

Something must be done

I cant believe you're trying to pin this on me Nate. This forum is extremely uneventful when I dont say anything. It goes hours without new post. You may not like what I say, but I stir the pot enough to keep this forum buzzing.

Of the posts on this page related to sports, that one poster made nearly 1/3 (32%) of them. Coming to this board and seeing the same person post over and over, many times answering his own posts, has really changed the nature of the board. I would much prefer a quieter board at this time of year, because there really isn't much Billiken news. The only goal of this poster seems to be to stir up controversy or hear himself talk(post). I don't need to read all that, and I don't. But all those posts do force you to scan through them to get to posters who have something worthwhile to say.

Another statistic: he has been on the board since May 21; he has made 678 posts which means 13.5 posts each and every day he has been a member. Incredible!

It's not much fun right now.

I'm not to bothered by v-black. to me, he provides a lot of comic relief on the board. what is most surprising to me is how so far out of the loop he is when it comes to what's going on at vashon, which is the very program he shills for. things are going on at the V under his nose and he has no clue what's going on until it has already happened. I can count several instances on this board when something has gone done concerning vashon and v-black has been caught with his pants down while the train goes by. when he realizes that he's missed out, he'll make up something to try to save face. the misinformation is truly laughable.

it's been quite amusing to tell you the truth to see how lost he really is when it comes to following his own favorite program. i'm in chicago half the time hundreds of miles away and i hear things happening while he's providing those great rod coleman posts.

bad boyz for life

>I cant believe you're trying to pin this on me Nate. This

>forum is extremely uneventful when I dont say anything. It

>goes hours without new post. You may not like what I say,

>but I stir the pot enough to keep this forum buzzing.

I don't post here often, but I do like to read most of what is posted. Even though Nate never mentioned VTIME in his original post, VTIME drew his own conclusion that he's the one posting b.s. Perhaps that buzzing he's hearing is the from the flies on his b.s. posts.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. Like I said before, I've met a lot of nice people because of this board and I enjoy being a small contribution to the community here.

When Steve wrote previously about this place being a community, he was right on. I really enjoy this message board because there is a lot of good discussion and, even though people may disagree with each other on certain topics, there seems to be a lot of mutual respect between all of the posters here.

As I've said (repeatedly) in the past, I think VTime/problack/normandyandritterfan/ritterboy could bring something different to the table because he does know some things about basketball and about some of the high school and college kids in the area -- and I've told him that on more than one occasion. That's why it is a shame when he wants to come on here and does the things he's been doing.

He says he is trying to "stir the pot," but I don't think this is the kind of message board that needs that kind of stuff. I think most of the people who read this board come here for information about the Billikens that they might not get enough of anywhere else. There are other message boards to visit if you want to try to get a rise out of people and argue or whatever. I don't think this is that kind of place. I hope VTime can come back at some point and be a part of the board, rather than making himself the focal point of the board.

I did not make my post yesterday to try to get VTime banned. I just wanted to point out that the reason I was not going to be on here much anymore was because some of the stuff that had been going on over the last couple months was making it less fun to be a part of. Based on what Steve has said about the decline in numbers of visitors, I would guess that a lot of people were feeling the same way.

- Nate