Stick a fork in us

slu72

Nark said it best, we are awful. 43 points? AD plays 31 and nets 3. It's going to be interesting to here UB's explanation at year end what went so terribly wrong here. But I think it's just a total lack of talent. I haven't seen them this year, so hard to judge. But is it fair to say that of the people coming back next year, we have only two players who might be judged as average D1 talent, DB and IV? If so, KL and TL better be as good billed or else next year is going to be more of the same.

i believe if you are just looking at raw talent, polk is at least a d-1 talent. the kid is flat out a rocket, and we have seen instances this year where his head was above everyone else. i.e. he has some springs. but for the life of me i cant figure out what he learned at vashon. people can defend irons all they want, but he did no service to this kid imo.

... what you mean by "what he learned at Vashon." I suspect i know but rather than put words in your mouth, I want to hear it.

Has a kid from Vashon ever been that "successful?" Ignore Bonner .... he was very raw coming out and got better as his years here progressed. I recall PeeWee Leonard, Ramon Trice, Anthony Jones, Antonio Bobo, Nick Kern, Jimmy McKinney .... there doesn't seem to be much of post-high school laurels hanging on those collective walls.

What if Polk is the next Jeremy Biles? Or Whatwashisfirstname Halliburton.

... it was so long ago. Is Central still around? I know he signed with Georgia and played one year there before coming home. But even those guys that went that route and came back weren't that "great" on their return: Leonard, Roder (liked him!), Mimlitz, Pedersen, JJohnson, Hasan Houston (who went to KState out of UCity, came back to SLU for his senior year but had the same problems like those experienced by Morris and Alexander and ended up at Bradley) and maybe a few others I've forgotten.