Worst start since 91-92

This team sucks. They couldn't beat some of the shoot out teams. They don't mesh at all. No one can play with Polk, Ohannon is clueless, and dual center approach is awful. Give Husak a chance.

My favorite part of the game was the krispy creme's I ate.

Revise my pick'em contest entry. I'd say 6-24 but who the hell are we going to beat. Please don't tell me wisc-mil was good.

For those of you who weren't at the game, this is how bad it was: the baby blues stand in the aisles until the Billikens score their first basket. Tonight we took so long to score that they finally gave up because they had a dance routine scheduled.

I am laughing so hard that I am crying ... which is more likely the proper response to all this in the first place! I can't even get to the proper mood responses through the proper mood channels! This is whacked! Has the making of one of those "legendary" years. Ekker. McDonald. 5 - 23 (which was Grawer's record in both his first and last years!). Losing to Mckendree. Rickey Frazier transfer. Now this. Dual Billiken suicide -- tape at 10!

I was there at the then Checkerdome and remember that McKendree College game all too well. That may well be the single lowest point of all. Remember, that Billiken team included David Burns. With the national attention Coach Statham has been receiving lately, the dark memory of that game returned. Plus, in Coach Grawer's first year (5-23), SLU lost at home to Division 2 UMSL and SIU-E. And who can forget that overtime thriller at West Pine Gym over Blackburn?

The point is that the current team has lost a number of close games and has evidently developed some type of shooting phobia, even from point blank range. Negativism breeds more negativism. If the team is playing hard, the shots eventually have to start falling. We need to keep the faith.

Has the team let up in intensity? The point is that eventually the law of averages has to be on our side, as long as the effort is still there. I don't think it is an overall talent problem, or is it? I know that Reggie Bryant is a proven scorer. I'm looking forward to seeing SLU play SEMO in person over the holidays. Shouldn't SLU at least win that one?

I have been posting for the past 3 years off and on - 3Star is right - working hard will not necessarily always mean success on the court. This team is really lost - Brad needs to try something else - putting the same players out there will only give him the same results. 6 games do not a season make but this team seems to be regressing and not getting better. I worry big time about the Sat. game.

This team is not that bad. Sorry. They haven't given up on themselves and we can't give up on them. We are fans....short for fanatics.

When a team is going bad, look for the good. When they are going well, look for the things we need to do better.

Right now this team IS playing hard...just not in synch, and not offensively cohesive. 2-3 shots fall for us or a few of theirs miss and we are at .500. On 1380 tonight coach said we had a good practice tonight and they just need to shoot their way out of it.

My personal opinion is that the seniors have to show the leadership that falls to seniors, and I want to see the coaches determine who their players are going to be and stay with them. I like Meyer, and believe he deserves more time. I also think when a team is hurting like this, they need some set plays that they can go to from time to time to make sure they get the best looks possible...set screens for shooters, or inside penetration with dishouts to open men.

UWM is a good team. They aren't undefeated for no reason. They were fast, had a great idea of what to do with the ball on offense, mixed up their defenses well, and played hard the whole game. Our schedule is started with good teams without the household recognition.

i took my little brother to that game that night. he was in process of picking a school to play basketball for at the time and i think the slu loss to mckendree helped him make his decision. he played on those very good harry statham teams in the mid 80's and to this day loves to tell me how mckendree has a running winning streak against the billikens. probably the one billiken loss in history i wish i could reverse more than any other just to make thanksgiving an xmas peaceful.