Loyola hype video?

11 minutes ago, Wendelprof said:

My apologies if someone already posted this.  I didn't see it (and frankly I can't believe no one else has seen it), so here goes ...

As much as I want to make fun of this, I can at least appreciate the effort. I would take stuff like this over the boring and generic stuff our social media accounts put out. 

4 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Well, Loyola wins the social media battle between our schools, that’s for sure. I’ll give it a A grade to them on this. Made me smile, that’s for sure.

Great stuff.  Maybe the SLU Jesuit community should challenge their Jesuit community to a bball game.

Lord Elrond likes this

6 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Great stuff.  Maybe the SLU Jesuit community should challenge their Jesuit community to a bball game.

I'll go a step further.  Let's see if we can convince them to let the result of the game between Jesuits be the recorded outcome.

Lord Elrond likes this

42 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'll go a step further.  Let's see if we can convince them to let the result of the game between Jesuits be the recorded outcome.

They could play for the Francis/Ignatius Cup.  Loyola would have to agree to not have Sister Jean on the sidelines though.  That would make for unfair competition.  We don’t have anyone to guard her one on one.

1 issue I have with Pestello, I went to commencement a couple years ago and the prayer wasn't delivered by a Priest it was some non-denominational deal.  Loyola appears to still care about Jesuit roots.  I'm all for inclusion at SLU, you don't have to be Catholic but it's a Catholic university you go there and you get exposure to Catholicism that shouldn't be controversial.

billiken_roy and brianstl like this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

1 issue I have with Pestello, I went to commencement a couple years ago and the prayer wasn't delivered by a Priest it was some non-denominational deal.  Loyola appears to still care about Jesuit roots.  I'm all for inclusion at SLU, you don't have to be Catholic but it's a Catholic university you go there and you get exposure to Catholicism that shouldn't be controversial.

Fred was not at yesterday’s game. Who sat in his seats?  4 Jesuit priest. I have been at several events where Fred speaks. He has always been very”Catholic “ in his tone. Pick a better issue. 

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Fred was not at yesterday’s game. Who sat in his seats?  4 Jesuit priest. I have been at several events where Fred speaks. He has always been very”Catholic “ in his tone. Pick a better issue. 

Has anyone thanked you for your services as the Virtual Thought Hall monitor?  Not quite the thought police but ya get a sash and a whistle. So thank you.  

9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Has anyone thanked you for your services as the Virtual Thought Hall monitor?  Not quite the thought police but ya get a sash and a whistle. So thank you.  

No but your constant criticism of everything gets old. Try keeping it to arguable points like why didn’t someone call timeout with 2.2 seconds left. 

31 minutes ago, willie said:

Here's a non-a$$h@le response:

"That hasn't been my experience with President Pestello. When I've heard him talk his message is very "Catholic" and he even had priests sitting in his seats at the game yesterday.

9 minutes ago, willie said:

No but your constant criticism of everything gets old. Try keeping it to arguable points like why didn’t someone call timeout with 2.2 seconds left. 

I'll be sure to @willie to solicit your approval of future posts.  I didn't mean to undermine the Thought Hall Monitor's power.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Ok, I think he should retire or be retired, he’s 71 now.  

I have issues with him - Situation #2 and how he handled Goodwin and his Clock Tower Accords.  As much as we bemoaned Biondi, myself included, I’d love to have him in charge instead of the squishy guy there now.