Welcome , Ja’quavis williford !

wgstl

On 10/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, TheA_Bomb said:

It's silly. If a school doesn't want to do it then don't. They just don't want to be the 1 school that doesn't so they want to ban it. Why does the NCAA need to be involved at all?

Because they're trying to protect these recruits from silly sh*t like this that schools do.  You show up for a tour and to talk to the coaching staff and you end up having to do a two hour fashion show wearing a uniform that you may decide pretty early on in the visit that you have no intention of ever wearing.  However, the kids and their parents feel obligated to do all this BS just to keep the school happy in case they need to use it as a backup plan.

Most rules the NCAA makes are based upon what the member institutions want.  If the majority want to get rid of something stupid like this, what's the problem?  Sometimes it seems like certain folks are against anything that has the word "rule" associated with it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Because they're trying to protect these recruits from silly sh*t like this that schools do.  You show up for a tour and to talk to the coaching staff and you end up having to do a two hour fashion show wearing a uniform that you may decide pretty early on in the visit that you have no intention of ever wearing.  However, the kids and their parents feel obligated to do all this BS just to keep the school happy in case they need to use it as a backup plan.

Most rules the NCAA makes are based upon what the member institutions want.  If the majority want to get rid of something stupid like this, what's the problem?  Sometimes it seems like certain folks are against anything that has the word "rule" associated with it.

You're absolutely right I'm biased against new rules. The school is recruiting the athlete if the athlete doesn't want to take pictures say so.  If you do want to take pictures then why can't you? If a school doesn't want to do pictures then don't do them. 

I'm willing to bet most of the athletes want to do it.  But I really don't care if only 1 athlete wants to and 1,999,999,999 don't want to.  It does not hurt the integrity of the game to take pictures.  So there's no reason to stop it. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Any word when he might sign LOI?  

Nope. Was supposed to be yesterday at 3:45 STL time but he followed up on an instagram story (since expired) saying "rescheduled. my bad."