Womens Basketball 2023-2024

thetorch

Billikens win 79-75, SLU hangs tough in the 4th, played with poise, and gets the win. 27 pts for Kyla McMakin, 18 pts and 9 rebounds for Peyton Kennedy, 10pts for Camree Clegg. Tierra Simon iced it with a rebound and 2 FT’s with 3 seconds left. Nice way to fight through and collect the win.

TheA_Bomb and CenHudDude like this

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Looks like St Joe’s updated the Hawk mascot costume. Still looks stupid, beating them when they bring the hawk is always special.

It looks more like a children's halloween costume now.

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

True, but it’s an upgrade. The old one looked they they sewed together some brown bathmats they stole from Goodwill.

Not sure if that's not the case now anyway lol.

Lord Elrond likes this

2 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

16-8 St Joe’s, gotta improve that 21% FG percentage. And stone cold from 3, not great. 

I might be crazy, but they counted one that was inside the line for St. Joe's 

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

37-20 St Joe’s. Billiken shooting improved marginally, still 0 from 3 pt land. They found a way to take 9 more FG attempts, but that doesn’t mean much if you can’t score at a higher percentage.

If we had a few 3s this would be a different game

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

They are 8-16 from 3 pt range, we are 0-8. Billikens have to improve from3 pt range.

.500 from 3 is insane, hopefully unsustainable, no team in the country is winning against that.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour

33 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those of us who don’t follow it, is this just an inevitable down year with the coaching change? Injuries? Record of 6-11 and 1-3 in conference play and I am finding #185 in the NET (wow, the men are at #238).

I'm not honestly sure, it's Tillett's 2nd season and last year, everything just came together. We haven't found a replacement for Brooke Flowers (you can't replace her, though to be fair). I have no idea what to expect the rest of this year, other than they're competitive every game.

57 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those of us who don’t follow it, is this just an inevitable down year with the coaching change? Injuries? Record of 6-11 and 1-3 in conference play and I am finding #185 in the NET (wow, the men are at #238).

Last year they went 4-11 in non-conference and started out  2-5 in conference play, then caught fire to finish 8-1 in the conference and swept the A10 tournament to make it into the NCAA tournament. They ended up #186 in the NET last year.  I do think they have things to work on this year, primarily 3 pt shooting and sometimes bad turnovers, but I have seen enough to know they can also find a way to win. After sitting through last year, I’m not giving up on this year at all. They do have good recruits coming in next year. This is still only Coach Tillett’s 2nd year, and she did take the team to the NCAA, where the women have never been, so I’ll give her a few years to build her team.