A10 around the league

pretty_ricky

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Irrespective of the personnel issues (real or not) at Geedubya, I am not surprised at the turnout for such a Senior Night.  I mean, think about it, what connection does have fan base have in the future with one-year mercenaries?  Bishop did transfer in and did spend three years there so he is above that norm but would we have stood an cherred th elikes of Mike Meadows and Tim Dalger if they had made it through a SLU Senior Night?  Yes, we can reward and revel in the accomplishments of Hargrove and Jimerson four their five year commitments and we can even honor a Javon bess or Francis Okoro for theirs.  But with NIL, the poretal, open transfers and grad student transfers, I would thin the obligatory Senior Night is on the list of endangered species.

Theres a massive difference between Bishop and Meadows/dalger, regardless of duration 

There is also a lot of competition for college basketball in the metropolitan DC area.  Geedubya, Mason, Maryland, Georgetown, American, Howard, Catholic U., UMBC, Gallaudet.  Throw in the Wizards.  I doubt Geedubya is very high on the list of teams to go see and play.  Plus their student body is not exactly a typical student body in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Lonergran got screwed by a nut job AD that later had to be forced out himself for inappropriate relations with athletes. The most serious allegations against Lonergran all turned out to be false.  Deadspin did a deep dive into the whole Lonegran story around three or four years ago.  All the homophobe accusations were complete BS.  Even the founder of Outsports became Lonergran defender.

IMO, airing his grievances in social media - very tacky. 

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

IMO, airing his grievances in social media - very tacky. 

I’m sure Lonergan got a big settlement in his case against GW, but I understand his lingering anger.  I would still be really salty at the place that actively worked to destroy my reputation to such a degree I still couldn’t get job over allegations that were completely false.  His name is still too toxic to get a job almost eight years later even though it was all BS.  Yeah, I would be pretty pissed still.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Common denominator for these schools: Steve Rogers.  Vanderbilt basketball is terrible too. Is this a coincidence? I think not.

Isn’t there a young “GW Sign Guy” to get some people to start attending those games?  You could mentor one Steve.

Common denominator for these schools: Steve Rogers.  Vanderbilt basketball is terrible too. Is this a coincidence? I think not.

Isn’t there a young “GW Sign Guy” to get some people to start attending those games?  You could mentor one Steve.

30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I’m sure Lonergan got a big settlement in his case against GW, but I understand his lingering anger.  I would still be really salty at the place that actively worked to destroy my reputation to such a degree I still couldn’t get job over allegations that were completely false.  His name is still too toxic to get a job almost eight years later even though it was all BS.  Yeah, I would be pretty pissed still.

What good does it do to air his grievances from years ago on social media? It's only reinforcing a perception that the guy might not be in control of his emotions.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

What good does it do to air his grievances from years ago on social media? It's only reinforcing a perception that the guy might not be in control of his emotions.

Or it could be trying to clear his name.  It has to suck to have your name smeared for false accusations and they still linger every time someone Googles his name.  It’s ruined his career.

Soderball likes this

50 minutes ago, TRN said:

Or it could be trying to clear his name.  It has to suck to have your name smeared for false accusations and they still linger every time someone Googles his name.  It’s ruined his career.

Commenting on social media is not the way to do it. Not helping. It looks petty. Even some of his defenders like Mike Brey concede he's got a testy streak.  Plenty of coaches have been accused of stuff and/or clearly done bad stuff, and have rebounded to remain in coaching. He hasn't.