Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

Men's Soccer 2019

Seems like a good way to start this upcoming season's thread. Here's the first half of an article about his transfer.

This was his freshman year, and he was named to the Patriot League third team. He had 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 games; their next leading scorer had 2 goals (they finished 3-10-4).

He was invited to the tryout camp for the U20 US National Team this winter but didn't make the 20-man roster for the final traning camp this past month.

Should be a nice addition to what looks like a strong incoming class.

I am bummed I haven't been able to make it out to any of the spring games. Will probably check out the double header this weekend at Hermann. Hopefully Kalish can improve on a very average first season.

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Thanks. Looks like a very good class. Deep and a top 30 player

Yep. Lots of variety. We’ll see. Sam Rowan was arguably the best two way midfield/forward in the Stl area this past year. He can do a lot of things. 

I concur.  This is a very solid, competitive class that Kalish is bringing in.  Good mix of transfers, STL kids,  talent , potential immediate impact on the field and high level of experience, including national team experience.  I also like the fact that we are still competing with some top soccer schools as you can see from the list of other schools the recruits were looking at.  It doesn't mean they were offered by those schools but many of the kids were aiming for top tier programs.  

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Thanks for the link. Collegesoccernews  used to be a weekly go to site for me to see a national perspective on the Bills. However, lately there has rarely been a mention. Hope we are getting back to the level of a team that is consistently on the national radar

I've been hurt so many times by Bills soccer hype... Not sure I could handle the heartbreak again.