Erwin Claggett

crymdg2

I attended midnite madness Clag's 1st year and after the scrimmage, where he showed his shooting range against every defender, I told my seat mate we could be looking at a potential all time SLU scoring leader.  Bonner had some deep NIT runs & Clags didn't - otherwise the two would be switched.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

Bonner had some deep NIT runs & Clags didn't - otherwise the two would be switched.

Ya really think so. 

Clags was in thee Dance for 2 years. NIT is the Not Invited Tournament.

I am betting payout wise, the 94 NCAA, when we lost in the 1st round to Maryland, payed more and definitely got more national exposure then the 2 NIT runs Bonner participated.

I think it's more that Bonner was SLU's 1st NBA'er in 20 years. Also, Bonner was big part SLU's revival after almost 15 yrs of really bad basketball.

11 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Ya really think so. 

Clags was in thee Dance for 2 years. NIT is the Not Invited Tournament.

I am betting payout wise, the 94 NCAA, when we lost in the 1st round to Maryland, payed more and definitely got more national exposure then the 2 NIT runs Bonner participated.

I think it's more that Bonner was SLU's 1st NBA'er in 20 years. Also, Bonner was big part SLU's revival after almost 15 yrs of really bad basketball.

He's saying that if Claggett had played in more games instead of losing in round one and round two of the NCAA's that he would be higher on the total scoring list.

7 hours ago, Duff Man said:

That's just not accurate. It was a statement performance, but the game was a Sunday morning 11am start and the Seahawks were in town. This game didn't have the buzz of 2010 Xavier or 2012 Xavier or 2013 Butler or 2013/14 VCU.

image.png.5e13f33a72319c292ae81d9a54f8f0b9.png

mIMG57271.jpg

You weren't there.

I've seen two in game program turning points.  Game at the arena against SIUC that signalled the start of Spoonball.  During that game we knew that team was special.

The other was the Washintong game.  Doubled up the huskies int he first half.  The crowd knew this team was for real.  Going in for halftime there wasn't a butt in a seat.  Loudest Chaifetz has ever been I don't care how many people were there.

39 minutes ago, thetorch said:

You weren't there.

I've seen two in game program turning points.  Game at the arena against SIUC that signalled the start of Spoonball.  During that game we knew that team was special.

The other was the Washintong game.  Doubled up the huskies int he first half.  The crowd knew this team was for real.  Going in for halftime there wasn't a butt in a seat.  Loudest Chaifetz has ever been I don't care how many people were there.

The first half of the Washington game was the best half I have seen a Billiken team play and I have seen a lot of games. 

52 minutes ago, thetorch said:

You weren't there.

I was there. I took that picture. I was also at the SIUC game in 1993 when they pulled the tarps up.

The first half vs Washington was domination but it wasn't sold out and attendance was hurt by the 11am Sunday start. It wasn't as loud as Butler who was ranked in the top 10 and the Bills ran them off the floor.

I was on the floor for Xavier 2010 & 2012, as well as Washington Nov 2011, Butler 2013, and VCU 2013/14. I can tell you Washington was not as loud as those games, even if the on the court performance was as good.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

You weren't there.

Springsteen louder