VT over the Bills by 12

The Wiz

22 minutes ago, teamarete said:

he might have 8, but that doesn't mean he has the right 8 for his rotation.

I agree, but we got what we got.  Very seldom will a coach have the right 8 - maybe Coach K or Calipari have their 8 but few others do.  Let's dance with the girl we brought to the dance.

We have a coach who likes to run 8 out there.  I'm sure Ford is ready to battle with the 8 he has.  Coach Ford, let's out-coach Coach Buzz. Tip off the game and let's play.  If we win, and then everyone will be happy with the 8 we played.  If we lose, then everyone - including me - can make excuses.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:00 PM, The Wiz said:

Bottom line....Off meets Def ......VT is not use to seeing a team that plays a slower defensive game....We should be able to knock their offensive numbers down....Plus they will let us shoot....The question is... can we shoot?  If we play like we have been , it will be a VT blowout...far exceeding 12pts. However, if we can start hitting some buckets...including finishing and making the easy ones ...we have a chance. Coming into this game we will have played a Div 2 , an NAIA, and a D rated team. We will need to step it up quite a bit and bring our A game to play an A team.

What a great win. This may turn out to be our best win of the season...ie the highest rated team we play this year.

So why the big swing in the spread? Could be lack of data (only 1 real game for the Bills.)  But the simple fact of the matter is we wupped them.  ie  we out played them

Let's look at the bottom line quoted from my original post....

Off meets Def........................Answer= Def wins

VT not use to seeing a slow tempo defensive team like the Bills. We  should be able to knock their big offensive numbers down........Answer = we certainly did.

Can we shoot ?....Answer  = Yes (at least 2 pointers and FTs)

If we start hitting buckets  we have a chance = yes

We need to step up and bring our A game....Answer = Yes we did

Some great numbers

Slash 46.6 / 22.2/ 76....3's are still weak...  if we take out the 3's.. the Bills shoot a fab 57.5% ...Out rebounded them 43-31

Tip o' the cap to ...Bess 22 pts   50% FG % (5-10 ) FT 80 % (12-15)..10 reb....also to Goodwin...19pts... 2pt% 50% ( 6-12 ) a dismal 14 % from the arc and another 4 steals which keeps him in the top 100 of stealers.

Overall an A effort....now if we could just hit a few from the arc....

Go Bills

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

What a great win. This may turn out to be our best win of the season...ie the highest rated team we play this year.

So why the big swing in the spread? Could be lack of data (only 1 real game for the Bills.)  But the simple fact of the matter is we wupped them.  ie  we out played them

Let's look at the bottom line quoted from my original post....

Off meets Def........................Answer= Def wins

VT not use to seeing a slow tempo defensive team like the Bills. We  should be able to knock their big offensive numbers down........Answer = we certainly did.

Can we shoot ?....Answer  = Yes (at least 2 pointers and FTs)

If we start hitting buckets  we have a chance = yes

We need to step up and bring our A game....Answer = Yes we did

Some great numbers

Slash 46.6 / 22.2/ 76....3's are still weak...  if we take out the 3's.. the Bills shoot a fab 57.5% ...Out rebounded them 43-31

Tip o' the cap to ...Bess 22 pts   50% FG % (5-10 ) FT 80 % (12-15)..10 reb....also to Goodwin...19pts... 2pt% 50% ( 6-12 ) a dismal 14 % from the arc and another 4 steals which keeps him in the top 100 of stealers.

Overall an A effort....now if we could just hit a few from the arc....

Go Bills

So we can be an A team this year... :)

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

First of all it would be sweet to beat Providence and sweep this tournament, that would do wonders for our standing. The best thing about this is that we can do this tomorrow, no need to wait.

With the minutes Bess and Goodwin logged, we could use an extra day.

This is true but the team just does not have an extra day available, so they will play tomorrow. This is something Roby, Johnson, and Hines experienced last year, the others are likely to be a bit shocked by what is demanded from them. Let's hope they find the strength and enthusiasm to do it as well as they did tonight. 

40 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I agree but PC played last night also - I understand they have a longer bench but my point is their best players are not totally rested.  French should be ready at least.

It isn't just the minutes those two logged last night.  It is the kind of minutes those two logged last night do to their style of play.  The good thing is that it is early in the season and they might be able to recover faster due to less wear and tear.

37 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Was thinking this too. Man, if ever there was a day for good news to come out about S2.0, today is the day. 

It would be great if the people at Cozen O'Connor decide they want to finish this all up before the holidays get started and give SLU their report this morning.