SLU vs George Washington

Tilkowsky

Once having a glossy RPI of 28 and sure inclusion in the NCAA tournament the team has an RPI of 57 which means if they don't win the A-10 tournament which means beating some of the better(?) teams in the league (which they haven't been able to do) they will be left out again.

Qualifying two years out of eight seems to be grounds for McGinty to be fired if that happens.

The game against Wake Forest seems to be the highlight of the year.

Would love to hear from HoosierPal to see where Sadiq Mohammed has been? 

He played Saturday but no goals from the supposed goal scoring machine.

It will certainly be a tough game playing against our nation's first leader. But on the other hand, he's got to be almost 400 years old - so it seems as if our stamina should outlast him. 1 on 11 should also be an advantage. 

If if this current SLU soccer team were to play 11 clones of the late George Washington, what do you think the result would be? If it is a night game, would you change your prediction? George would probably be really thrown off his game about the whole lights and electricity thing. What do you think  @Tilkowsky?

Funny, back when the RPI was 28 you were saying they still weren't good enough for an at-large bid. Now that the sparkling RPI is a thing of the past, you say it would have guaranteed a bid. It's almost like you are rooting against Alma Mater U and are just looking to stir up crap here or something...

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

It will certainly be a tough game playing against our nation's first leader. But on the other hand, he's got to be almost 400 years old - so it seems as if our stamina should outlast him. 1 on 11 should also be an advantage. 

If if this current SLU soccer team were to play 11 clones of the late George Washington, what do you think the result would be? If it is a night game, would you change your prediction? George would probably be really thrown off his game about the whole lights and electricity thing. What do you think  @Tilkowsky?

George Washington Power Rankings:

George Washington

George Washington Carver

George Washington Glasscock: people forget about great settlers.

George Washington Whistler: if you're a railroad engineer and your name is Whistler it's clear that you respect the biz.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Funny, back when the RPI was 28 you were saying they still weren't good enough for an at-large bid. Now that the sparkling RPI is a thing of the past, you say it would have guaranteed a bid. It's almost like you are rooting against Alma Mater U and are just looking to stir up crap here or something...

Can you tell me which thread I said they weren't good enough for an at large bid when they had a 28 RPI?

If they win the A-10 tournament (unlikely I think) they will get an Automatic bid.

I want them to go undefeated. Win another national title.

It is the team that doesn't seem interested in that.

19 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

I didn't admit anything.

Didnt go to the website.

You post on stltoday.com as stlwaino50 don't you.

Even though you post as Larry David now.

u ok? I thought I posed a thought-provoking and insightful question and you skipped it? Why? @Tilkowsky u ok man? I just want to talk Billiken soccer and hypothetical clone soccer games.

35 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

u ok? I thought I posed a thought-provoking and insightful question and you skipped it? Why? @Tilkowsky u ok man? I just want to talk Billiken soccer and hypothetical clone soccer games.

This thread is about the SLU vs George Washington game and/or the rest of the season for the REAL Billikens soccer team.

If you want to talk about either of those subjects (you don't), I would be happy to respond.

If you want to talk about hypothetical clone soccer games - start a thread and we can talk about those if you wish.

So who would win a seven game series between a team of five Mike Crawford clones vs. five Reggie Agbeko clones? Obviously the Fighting Mikes have trouble on the boards, but I'm thinking they win in five or six. Squad Reg will have major problems moving the ball.

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

ignore him people

Rather than wasting your time trying to convince all the people on this board to ignore him, it would be much more efficient to work on convincing the ONE person in charge of the board to get rid of the obvious troll. 

10 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

This is a soccer thread, please stick to pics of George in his soccer uniform or at least during his playing days.

Not anymore.  I like Abe's white shoes. Teddy looks to have some hooping shoes on too with the white tread.  GW looks to have his army boots on, which makes his JAM TIME leap even more impressive.  I bet it is hard to elevate in those clunkers.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Not anymore.  I like Abe's white shoes. Teddy looks to have some hooping shoes on too with the white tread.  GW looks to have his army boots on, which makes his JAM TIME leap even more impressive.  I bet it is hard to elevate in those clunkers.

Haha. Pretty sure that's not Teddy. Take another look...