A10 All-Conference Awards

Pistol

Atlantic 10 MBB@A10MBB 4h

Picked 8th in the preseason, @BonniesMBB finished as Co-Champs - Mark Schmidt, the 2016 #A10MBB Coach of the Year.

CdCh3TuXIAABzPl.jpg

The Coaches theme is and has been " we need to keep on chopping wood "! Life is just a little bit different out here...

Go Bonnies

And by the way the Bonnies Dion Wright should have been on the Third Team All-Conferance.

Atlantic 10 MBB@A10MBB 4h

Picked 8th in the preseason, @BonniesMBB finished as Co-Champs - Mark Schmidt, the 2016 #A10MBB Coach of the Year.

CdCh3TuXIAABzPl.jpg

The Coaches theme is and has been " we need to keep on chopping wood "! Life is just a little bit different out here...

Go Bonnies

And by the way the Bonnies Dion Wright should have been on the Third Team All-Conferance.

Enjoy it while you can... I still think this guy is going to pop up on an episode of To Catch a Predator.

Help me out here. A-10 All Conference Rookie Team isn't A-10 All Conference? Seems to me Bishop has already made it.

You are obviously smarter than me, so explain what it is, if it isn't.

This guy is truly something else.

That's correct. If you say someone is an "all-conference" player, you're not referring to the rookie team or academic team.

None of the all-rookie players made the all-conference teams, so you wouldn't call any of them all-conference players.

Henry Ellenson of Marquette made the Big East all-rookie team and all-conference first team, so he could be called an "all-conference" player.

Thanks for the help. I knew you were the smartest one on this board. I have notified the SLU Athletic Department to make a correction to their article claiming that Bishop is on the A-10 Conference All Rookie Team. They missed this just like I did.

"St. Louis freshman guard Jermaine Bishop was selected to the Atlantic-10 Conference All Rookie Team." I suggested they change it to "St. Louis freshman guard Jermaine Bishop was selected to the a group of pretty good first year players who happen to play in the Atlantic 10 conference, but certainly aren't "All Conference". He accomplished this in spite of the incompetence of the SLU coaching staff."

BOOM! Are we good? ​

Thanks again. Your a pal.

Thanks for the help. I knew you were the smartest one on this board. I have notified the SLU Athletic Department to make a correction to their article claiming that Bishop is on the A-10 Conference All Rookie Team. They missed this just like I did.

"St. Louis freshman guard Jermaine Bishop was selected to the Atlantic-10 Conference All Rookie Team." I suggested they change it to "St. Louis freshman guard Jermaine Bishop was selected to the a group of pretty good first year players who happen to play in the Atlantic 10 conference, but certainly aren't "All Conference". He accomplished this in spite of the incompetence of the SLU coaching staff."

BOOM! Are we good? ​

HoosierTroll

I should add that you are the billikens.com posting equivalent to Jim Crews' coaching ability.

BOOM! Are we good? ​

Are you really that dense? There's no reason to knock being all-rookie, but it isn't the same as being all-conference. It's that way in every conference and every league at every level. Do you think being a team MVP is the same thing as league MVP? Do you think being in one team's hall of fame is the same as being in the sport's hall of fame? Come on!

Thanks ACE for re-posting the picture of A-10 Coach of the Year Mark Schmidt! Very thoughtful and kind of you to do that!

And yes, I, along with millions of other Bonaventure Braves will " enjoy it while we can ". Because as we all know it might be over before the stroke of Midnight.

Also ACE, Coach already has a rap sheet, he got caught going 35 in a 30 MPH zone in Allegeny!!! Ouch those $ 43.00 traffic tickets really hurt.

Go Billikens - beat George Mason!!!

Milik Yarbrough was on the all-rookie team last year. I thought there are some obvious questions here:

Dion Wright is a good start. Scoochie Smith is another. Colter from Duquesne. The loss of Kendall Pollard really hurt Dayton down the stretch. Steve McElvane not on Freshman/Rookie team. Martin is defensive player of year and not on any team. No Shawndre Jones. I'll jsut call it interesting. But it happens every year.

And a All Rookie player is not an all conference player. Sorry Hoosier --- get a clue.

BOOM! Are we good? ​

You read as well as you evaluate basketball. At least you're consistent.

Saying "all-rookie" and "all-conference" are not the same thing. It's nice to make the all-rookie team as a freshman. Those players are not all-conference players unless they're on the all-conference teams. This is something I understood as a child, and something I assumed all basketball fans and certainly readers of this board could grasp.

At first I just thought you were kind of sad and pathetic, sticking up for such an objectively terrible coach and stretching to hype our below-average players. But now you're being obnoxious. My ignore list just got deeper.

BOOM! Are we good? ​

Lighten up Hoosier Pal Pistol is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site.